- 6+ years of immense experience in IT Industry with emphasis on Software Quality Assurance, QA implementation, Manual and automation testing of Web - based, Desktop and Client/server application in various Domains.
- Good Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) on Waterfall model and Agile Environments.
- Expertise in designing automation frameworks and creating scripts using Selenium WebDriver tool to cater both Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- Strong experience in Manual and Automation Testing of client Server and Web-Based Applications.
- Expertise in preparing Test Plans, developing, reviewing and executing Test Cases and Test Scripts based on Functional Requirements, Business Requirements and Use Case Documents.
- Well experienced in STLC Phases Initiation, Planning, Preparation, Execution, Closure and Maintenance.
- Experience in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Load/Performance Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Mobile App Testing.
- Good Experience in MAVEN to create projects, JAR files, POM.xml with artifacts and dependencies.
- Expertise in Automation Testing, Page Object Module, Data Driven/ Modular Framework in Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium GRID and Selenium Web Driver) TestNG, Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework.
- Experience in Test Management, Bug Tracking Tool and Defect Reporting Tool like JIRA for analyzing requirements, documenting and executing test cases, submitting bugs, defect tracking and status reporting.
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator.
- In depth knowledge in Parameterization, Check points, Data Driver, Object Repository concepts in QTP.
- Experience in conducting batch testing and data-driven testing using parameterization to test application with different sets of data.
- Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Experience in performing Cross-Browser Testing using IE, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with databases like MySQL, Oracle.
- Knowledge in .NET, data models, HTML and XML.
- Expertise in performing manual testing & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Experience in importing and exporting Test Scripts to Quality Center from Microsoft Word/ Microsoft Excel.
- Extensive experience in Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using Quality Center (QC)/ALM, Bugzilla and Rational Clear Quest.
- Ability to work closely with business analysts, project managers and developers to understand requirements and business processes for testing.
- Quick learner, strong work ethics and willingness to work hard to achieve employer objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ready to take an independent or team challenge.
Test Management Tools: HP/ALM, Test Director, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Jira, Rally
Functional Testing Tools: Selenium, REST, SOAPUI.
Testing Methodologies: AGILE (SCRUM), WATERFALL, CI/CD
Languages/Web Technologies: C, Java, HTML, .NET, XML
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/08, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MS Access 2000
SCRUM Tools: Rally, Azure DevOps
Other Tools: UNIX, WINDOWS, Linux, Mac iOS, Git Hub, Outlook, MS Office, and MS Visio
Confidential, Brea, CA
Test Automation Developer
- Engage with test lead on new tool i.e., Hexawise on best automation practices, design and implementation for future transition which includes challenge of testing and developing code from scratch.
- Design and write programs that run automatic tests on new or existing software - an essential part of the software development cycle.
- Responsible for driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies such as continuously write, test, and fix the written code.
- Possess String object-oriented design and coding in automated testing frameworks, tools and services.
- Write acceptance steps following the application specification for automation testing in feature file of cucumber tool.
- Organize scenarios related to a feature in a single feature file such as login, enrollment etc.
- Build up test packs for features and activities, creating a set of regression tests run only the tagged tests that can be maintained easier than individual stories.
- Execute Scenarios parallelly or together in a group.
- Use IntelliJ with all Plugins like Cucumber, Webdriver, Gherkins and Page Object Model Framework for the consistency of UI automation tests, to avoid code duplication, to improve readability and to organize code for web pages interaction.
- Run cross-browser tests where we want them, on Selenium-compatible grid.
- Glue every Gherkin step to a step definition method that executes the step.
- Integrate Cucumber-JVM with testing packages and glue English text of a step using annotations and regular expressions.
- Handle Java by Cucumber-JVM to perform black-box and functional tests.
- Constantly use Condition statement and looping statement, Exception Handling, Methods of String class, List and Set, Upcasting and Runtime Polymorphism, OOPs concepts.
- Re-use or customize these implemented step definitions to create End 2 End Scenario for Integration and regression testing.
- Work with IT, QA and DevOps teams to automate test cases and integrate them with scheduled auto deployment pipeline to increase test coverage and leverage nightly builds.
- Possess superior debugging abilities to discover out the causes behind the ineffective code, breakdown of test cases, memory leakages etc.
- Individual contributor in planning Ruby test automation for ETL.
- Verify the correctness of data transformation against the signed off business requirements and rules and make sure the date is routed to REN and GIN accordingly.
- Also try out couple of frameworks such as Tosca to develop framework for ETL automation working parallelly.
Environment: IntelliJ, Webdriver, BDD Cucumber, POM, Java, Task scheduler, PL SQL developer, Hexawise.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
QA Automation Engineer
- Implement and develop automated test practices for both web and windows applications primarily using Visual Studio’s Coded UI module for both web and windows applications.
- Mapping of new elements on HCHB windows application with using Microsoft UI Verify Tool and Locators by Name, ID, and other entities.
- Use In/house Win forms tool to create new end to end UI tests for windows-based applications - create new scripts, entities, scenarios and assertions.
- Create new end to end test scripts for web-based applications that are built on ASP.NET as well as Angular using Selenium and Protractor.
- Assumed full responsibility for the DevOps role. Launched QA/DEV/Demo/Pre-Prod environments using AWS. Configured OS, size, firewall, VPN, IP and added third party or custom applications. Ensured services were up and running.
- Work on maintaining the dictionary Core Automation class file in which all the commonly used automation methods, actions are stored to reuse.
- Design and create test scripts using C# and/or .NET to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- Use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to work on creating restores of temp databases to facilitate the team in using valid test data during the development and testing cycles.
- Write Test cases in excel spreadsheet template.
- Work on regression testing during the Program Increment (PI) to ensure that new changes are consistent with the existing application.
- Work within a Scrum team as an active member contributing to the refining and completion of stories for the purposes of maintaining, improving or creating both client/server and web applications.
- Extensive knowledge of health exchange, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Participate in daily stand-up meet and sprint meetings also contribute share in product backlog refinements.
- Identified mobile elements using Appium Inspector, UI Automator Viewer.
- Create both manual and automation tests appropriate to meet the needs/requirements of the defined stories of a given Sprint/Program Increment to assure quality of the application under test.
- Create manual test cases with all positive and negative scenarios and identify to automate to a wide range to reduce the existing manual effort.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Report clearly and concisely any defects discovered in testing to the team.
- Responsible for deploying source code constantly upstream to Training Environments, Pilot and Production.
- Responsible for testing Hot Fixes and deploying Hot Fixes across environments to any issues that are found in production or training environments in Azure DevOps.
- Contribute proactively to any new framework that might be in scope.
Environment: .NET, SSMS, Azure DevOps, GIT, Microsoft UI Automation, C#Script, Selenium, and T-SQL, Windows.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on requirements specifications and user requirements.
- Involved in weekly meetings and standup meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting.
- Good Understanding of the EDI (Electronic data interchange), Implementation and Knowledge of HIPAA code sets.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML files.
- Perform API testing using postman to validate response.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Effectively participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Created test cases in Cucumber, extended the test case writing by setting Configurations, Parameterization, linking requirements, linking failed defects etc.
- Validate EDI Claim Process according to HIPAA compliance using Ultra Edit.
- Running Build acceptance and Regression testing on a regular basis (for each new build)
- Expertise in writing Selenium WebDriver, TestNG automation scripts in JAVA.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities using Selenium.
- Writing Test cases using Element locators, Web Driver methods, Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Maintained Selenium& JAVA automation code and resource in source controls Git over the time for improvements and to add new features.
- Have Strong Knowledge on Object Oriented Principles (OOPS) and have extensively used CORE JAVA concepts such as Multi-Threading, Exception Handling, Collection Framework, JDBC and expert in handling with FILES and performed I/O operations.
Environment: JBoss, Gherkin, Junit, SQL, XML, Java, TestNG, MSWord, MS Excel, UNIX, Windows.
Senior QA Engineer /Selenium
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and BDD.
- Created automation test scripts using data driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA and maven.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel to save time.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium Grid for different platforms like desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Utilized Maven to manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run sanity and regression testing.
- Integrated Jenkins with version controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spread sheets and load them into required test cases.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Experience in writing complex XPATH using following and preceding and using functions like contains and not contains.
- Implemented SOAP UI tool to test SOAP based architecture application to test SOAP services and RESTAPI.
- Used the Rest Assured java library to automate Restful Web services.
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator. Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities.
- Involved closely with developers in Development of UI modules using HTML, JSP and CSS.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, HP QC, Eclipse, JIRA, MySQL, Oracle, Java, SOA, Protractor, TestNG, Firebug, Xpath, Windows.
Senior Automation tester (Selenium)
- Worked with POS System and involved in testing functionalities related to sales tracking, POS scanning, Retail, e-Commerce (Shopify), ordering forecast, adjustments, custom retail price and promotions in POS.
- Interacted with business analysts to collect the requirements.
- Involved in developing test plan, test cases and executed test scripts for various scenarios for the module such as submitting application forms for various types of accounts for Existing Customer/ New Customer.
- Participated in daily Scrums and Sync up calls to discuss the updates/ progress of testing.
- Developed automation test scripts using Java, RUBY, Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven prior to agile release.
- Implemented and maintained Page Object Model - added and updated new elements as required, created new page objects as required. Analyzed the page source to identify reliable locators for web elements.
- Involved in developing framework and Test Environment Setup for Selenium Webdriver/ Java.
- Used Firebug Add-ons for identifying object IDs and used CSS, Xpath locators’ concepts for Object Identification.
- Involved in Integration, Regression, Validation, Functional and End-to-End testing on store and merchandising applications that interface with POS.
- Parameterized the fixed values in checkpoint statements, created data tables for the parameters and wrote functions for the parameters to read new data from the table upon each iteration to implement Data-driven testing.
- Worked on Selenium Webdriver/ Java to test the web pages and develop the necessary needs.
- Performed Automation Testing of each Build and then Regression testing on each build using Java and Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Cucumber & JUnit for testing sections of application submission workflow.
- Made sure all releases are passing our release acceptance criteria (currently a set of Selenium tests).
- Made sure that every build passes the sanity test suite and present the results for further testing or not.
- Provided technical guidance to the QA team to ensure new features are properly tested.
- Coordinated the testing for Requirements, SIT, UAT phases.
- Closely worked with Business, System Analysts and Development team project managers to keep schedules on upcoming releases to prioritize the QA workload.
- Involved in knowledge transfer, Reviews of test artifacts, team coordination.
Environment: Java, HTML, C#, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Quality Center 8.2, Oracle, JDBC, JIRA, Windows 7/8.