- Knowledge of mass storage systems, NAND Flash memory device, and SSDs.
- Experience with SSD validation, operating system testing for Windows X86 and Linux file systems.
- Familiar with SAS, SATA, PCIe protocols.
- Developed test programs/test scripts for Flash Memory devices and SSD products on ATE testers.
- Hands on experience in firmware testing and verification with functional, regression and unit tests, system failure analysis and problem solving.
- Hand - on knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and recommend corrective action.
- Hand-on to perform design verification using a variety of methods and processes, prototyping and product testing.
- Experienced on debugging, troubleshooting and problem diagnoses of storage devices, volatile memories.
- Experienced on manufacturing process, yield, and automation tests.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner, and self-starter.
Programming language: C/C++, Python, Perl, Shell Programming.
Operating System: Windows, Linux, UNIX.
Applications: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, CodeWright, Jira, Bugzilla.
Benchmark tools: IOmeter, VDbench, ATTO, CrystalDiskMark, Passmark BurnInTest, MobileMark, etc.
Bench Test Equipment: Oscilloscopes, DC Power Analyzer, DMV, Logic Analyzers, SerialTek BusXpert SAS/SATA Analyzer, etc.
ATE Tester Platforms: Advantest (T53xx, T55xx), Verigy (V54xx, V55xx), IMI, FlexStar, OakGate, ULink (DriveMaster)
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Firmware Test Engineer
- Test planning and test case design, development and maintenance.
- Develop test scripts for automate test execution and parsing data for test report generation.
- Perform regression testing and other test activities (both internal and customer qualifications) through troubleshooting, log analysis and firmware changes.
- Work with FW engineers to triage the regression defects, reproduce issues, trace capture, trace analysis, and perform first line error/failure assessments.
- Support characterization and benchmarking of SSD products through dedicated firmware instrumentation.
- Setup test environment, storage systems configuration, and execute test cases for design verification of enterprise SSD products
- Execute SAS SSD qualification test cycles across SSD parameters of performance, endurance, compliance and physical interfaces on OEM enterprise server/storage systems.
- View the test logs and log bugs, follow up with FW engineers for fix, and perform debug and analyze test failures.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
Senior Product Validation Engineer
- Executed test plans for EVT, DVT, Characterization, and regression of SSD products.
- Setup test environment, configure, and execute SSD test cases execution.
- Executed RDT validation test plans for SSD product reliability test.
- Executed OEM customer qualification test plans/test cases of SSD product on OEM systems.
- Manage test hardware requirements, setup, and maintenance of lab systems and tools.
- Log/track bugs and perform 1st-level triage and troubleshooting.
- Develop parsing data scripts for test report generation.
- Generate test reports for internal consumption, as well as for distribution to our OEM customers.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Test Validation Engineer
- Implemented a test plan strategy and to develop test methodologies to cover product specification for SSD. Designed and developed the validation test plans, test cases for SSD.
- Performed product validation (USB, CF, SSD) test per OEM specified test plan from the beginning to release to production including board bring-up, electrical test, functional test, performance test, protocol test, compliance test, and reliability test to determine product life cycle.
- Performed Failure Analysis on storage products returned merchandise parts (RMA) and generated FA report.
- Worked with the design engineering team to perform HW design verification on newly storage products.
- Wrote test scripts to verify and valid route-to-market products for SSD in ATE testers such as Flex Star and IMI testers.
- Responsible for comprehending reliability failures, assessing reliability risk, and developing reliability studies for SSD.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Test Engineer
- Conducted a SW and HW feasibility for all new products
- Provided the engineering hardware and software support for manufacturing test and design verification.
- Performed analysis on low yield and provided feedbacks to other TE/PE.
- Performed a remote debug for tough problems in “gray” areas in production.
- Worked with process engineers to develop, modified test scripts for yield and run-time improvements.
- Improved manufacturing activities related to test process including data collection, root cause analysis, failures analysis and recommendation for corrective actions; and throughput and reduce H/W costs in production.
- Participated in the Engineering reviews for DFT of the product.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Performed functional, user interface, regression, user acceptance, configuration tests for video devices (LCD TVs, Blu-ray players, and media players).
- Validated partner devices (Samsung, LG, Vizio etc...) to in corporate with Vudu video quality services.
- Developed test scripts to validate device connectivity (Ethernet, WI-FI, Bluetooth) to ensure data streaming perform properly with all channel devices.
- Analyzed, log/track bugs and verifying test results, provided status and progress reports.
- Reviewed requirements for testability and usability, consulted development engineer with regards to device functionality.
- Developed validation processes to ensure seamless integration between software and hardware of video devices.
- Designed and developed test plans, test cases from system requirements and customers’ specifications.
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
- Supported customers in developing test programs for Flash, DRAM, SRAM, and DDR-SDRAM devices on Verigy memory testers
- Developed, implemented applications on hardware and software including test programs, productivity tools, automation software for Verigy systems.
- Performed feature-by-feature tester demonstrations, technical presentations, benchmarking test result correlation versus baseline test platform.
- Supported field engineers with customer issues and technical queries and provided solutions.
- Generated application notes, technical papers, and materials for next -generation testers.
- Performed design validation, tested, debugged and troubleshoot software and hardware features of new test system.
- Assisted development engineers in design, development and evaluation of new products via customer requirements and feedbacks.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Supported customers in developing test programs for Flash, DRAM, SRAM, and DDR-SDRAM devices on Agilent memory testers.
- Participated in next-generation tester definition, design, debug, prototype, and materials.
- Performed acceptance tests using standard and custom instruments and methods, and document procedural for new test system.
- Developed CIM (Computer Interface Manufacturing) programs for Agilent’s automation test equipment to work properly in production line at customer sites.
- Generated and debugged Wafer Sort/Final Flash test programs for NAND/NOR Flash devices on Agilent ATE.
- Tester equipment maintenance, system calibration and diagnostics.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Developed firmware applications of micro-controllers for internal and external customers.
- Generated application notes, technical papers and datasheets for new micro-controllers product release.
- Wrote documents and example application programs of ACEx micro-controllers.
- Worked with senior design engineers in design of emulator boards to test new micro-controller’s applications.
- Build prototype circuits and performed circuit board testing, debugging and troubleshooting.
- Performed integration tests on firmware applications of micro controllers with hardware development tools.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Supported customers in developing test programs for Flash, DRAM, DDR-SDRAM devices on Advantest memory testers T55xx, T53xx.
- Participated in Pre-Sales & Post-Sales support activities: generated demo test program & demonstration to customers.
- Provided on-site and on phone technical support and trouble shooting for customers.
- Helped customers in debugging test programs and tester issues and provided solutions.
- Introduced customers on advance features of the test system hardware and software.
- Assisted design engineers in fixture layout and design DUT board.