- Diligent portfolio Test manager; with 16 years of end to end SDLC & STLC experience offering a proven record of success in managing large testing programs in diverse technologies; CSM,CMST certified with experience in Banking and Financial services, Oil and Gas industries.
- Business strategist;In planning and managing multimillion - dollar portfolio/projects aligning business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage and bottom-line gains.
- Excellent communicator; inleveraging technical, business and financial acumen to communicate effectively with client executives and their respective teams.
- Agile and waterfall expert; project management methodologies.Known for ability to produce high-quality deliverables that meet or exceed timeline and budgetary targets.
- Effectual Relationship manager; with internal and external stakeholders, including business stakeholders, PMOs, developers and vendors
- Have experience in managing Manual to Automation QA transformations projects with hands on experience implementing QA standards, creating test strategies, plans, metrics, recommending the right test automation framework, Scheduling the test automation scripts and deploying & managing QA in continuous integration environment
- Have experience in leading a large enterprise performance testing unit.
- Have experience managing large size engagements across various technologies and business domains
- Have experience managing Transformation Programs for a Major Banking client
- Have experience in Pre-sale activities such as responding to “Request for Proposal” (RFPs), ” Request for Information” (RFIs) by applying the appropriate estimation technique based on the available data, Budgeting, communicating effectively with proactive innovation and customer delight focus to achieve the goal and in bringing in the business
- Have experience working on T&M, Fixed, Managed service and Unit Price models for various clients.
- Have experience managing teams at both offshore and onsite
- Have experience in recruitment processes, performing appraisals and in the rating process
- Proven track record in utilizing strong technical-communication, people-skills & hands-on software industry experience to lead project teams in onsite-offshore model to achieve timely and cost-effective results
- Have rich experience in Consulting, Management and Delivery of complex projects to the fullest satisfaction of customer.
- Have experience in performing Requirement Gathering & Analysis in addition to providing effort estimation for the requirements by applying appropriate estimation techniques such as T&M, Fixed and Unit Price
- Responsible for providing Technical and Business inputs to offshore and onsite teams.
- Have experience on different areas of testing like Mobile, Mainframe, Device, Database, Client/Server and Web Testing.
- Have worked on different Software development methodologies like DevOps - CD/CT, Agile(Scrum/Kanban), Waterfall and Iterative.
- Have excellent experience in managing Automation (QTP/UFT, Selenium), Data warehouse and Performance testing in addition to the regular web, mainframe projects and also have automation experience in Continuous Delivery (DevOps - CT) model
- Have provided SME level Technical support as needed.
- Have been responsible for preparing and where required signing off Master Test Plans, UAT Test Plans and Requirement Traceability Matrices.
- Have lead/participated in test strategizing and development of data solutions.
- Have taken the responsibility for escalating critical risks/issues to client in addition to providing proactive solutions.
- Have been responsible for conducting Weekly and Monthly Governance meeting with Client Senior Management.
- Have expert level expertise in providing QA consulting support to clients.
- Have been responsible for SLA and KPI reporting to Client and Confidential Senior management.
- Have been responsible for handling various testing types like Web services Testing (API Automation), Integration, End-to-End and User Acceptance testing in addition to the most common functional, non-functional and database testing.
Operating System: MVS/ESA, AS/400, Windows 95/NT, Linux
Hardware: IBM S/390, Pentium Workstations
Tools: TSO, ISPF, CICS, SPUFI, SDSF, ENDEVOR, ChangeMan, Xpeditor, FILE-AID, CA7, CA11 and File Manager. HP Quality Center(ALM), VISA Test Simulator (VTS), MasterCard Simulator (MAS), Link Simulator (Lexcel), Microsoft Office
Databases: VSAM, DB2, MySQL, Oracle 7
Languages: VS COBOL, JCL, REXX, PHP, C, Java
Products: Vision plus - (CMS, FAS, HSM, LTS), BASE24 ATM & POS - Tandem/BASE24, Fidelity (IM, ST, RM, HX, TX & IT), Peace CIS(Hansen product)
Online: CICS, Web based applications
Automation: VB-Macros, DEV-OPS (CI/CD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
Portfolio QA Manager
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Forecast, plan, deliver & manage QA services for projects & BAU by effectively utilizing distributed onshore & offshore multi-vendor QA setup
- Create, review and sign-off QA estimates, test plans, release certificates and various departmental documentation that are required for project execution
- Implement test strategy for Web, Mobile, API and database testing including test automation
- Ensure consistent quality and completion of testing process are achieved within the project & client requirement
- Responsible for creating the UAT test strategy and to lead the UAT teams
- Responsible for taking Go / No Go decisions on project product moves and to conduct Retrospective meetings
- Responsible for conducting post-implementation review sessions to identify lessons learnt and process improvement opportunities
- Responsible for conducting performance & salary appraisals for all the team members.
- Responsible for publishing monthly dashboards to stake holders and to present it to the client’s top level management
- Provided leadership for developing and directing Quality Assurance and Quality improvement initiatives (Cost of-Quality reductions etc.) for products, processes and services.
- Provide strategic direction to automation team to implement the right automation framework for various technology applications, deployment & test execution on CI environment
- Provide domain expertise, identify project and quality risks and take corrective actions
- Effectively build QA relationships with senior management, product stakeholders & program managers
Sr.QA Manager August
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Responsible for handling projects with budget ranging from $8M to $10M and managing a team of up to 80 members
- Responsible for leading the TCOE strategic initiative and responsible for the deliverables of QA work products for Confidential engagement.
- Responsible for working with the QA Director in a Customer-Service Provider relationship and to meet the mutually agreed expectations pertaining to QA deliverables.
- Responsible for working with the QA Managers and QA Director to plan strategic initiatives within the scope of engagement.
- Responsible for delivery of work products that are innovative, high quality and timely.
- Responsible for working with onsite delivery Lead and QA Managers to ensure proper communication on process improvements, strategy implementation and deliverables.
- Responsible for Confidential ’s staffing based on approved budget.
- Responsible for QA resource utilization, productivity and Confidential ’s team management.
- Responsible for status reporting of Confidential ’s performance metrics.
- Point of escalation for risks/issues pertaining to Confidential ’s deliverables & to resolve and implement solutions.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Organizing and facilitating all the Sprint ceremonies - planning, grooming, daily stand-up, stakeholder Demo and retrospectives.
- Removing impediments and resolving conflicts.
- Supporting the Product Owner in ensuring that the backlog has sufficient prioritized user stories
- Conducting retrospective sessions with the teams after every release
- Tracking and communicating team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Evangelized the benefits of Scrum to ensure its smooth adoption
- Was responsible for assisting teams in making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition and participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices that help reduce development time
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Managed a conversion project from Vision Plus version 2.15 to 8.38 for the Bank of Peru and migrated the ATM Switch from SNA to TCP/IP for the Bank of Dominican.
- Managed testing team for a ‘transformation program and acquisition’ for the bank with HBOS
- Was responsible for test strategizing, planning, estimating, implementing, and delivery of work products for the bank. Empowering teams to self-organize and grow cross-functionality as part of Agile project management methodologies
- Was responsible for communicating the progress and Stakeholder management - handling Business and various technology teams including vendor teams.
- Meeting the strict deadlines on various milestones due to the highest visibility and the nature of the transformation program.
- Was responsible for creating the Release calendar and Outage window for the Business
- Was Responsible for identifying the enterprise level changes which impacts the Multifamily applications and ensuring the required production systems are tested and monitored
- Was responsible for creating Communication plan, publishing and tracking each deployment activity and reporting
- Was responsible for tool assessments for the bank and recommended the appropriate tool for the bank
- Effectively sorted out issues and coordinated/organized to get the solutions into customers effectively.
- Commercial awareness & business acumen.
- Experience of working in multi-vendor environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functional project teams.
- Good conflict management and prioritization skills.
- Manage technical process and resolve technical issues.
- Handled project operations, strategic planning development, forecasting and program implementation
- Prepared and implemented strategies streamlining existing work-flows to increase efficiency
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion.
- Provided a stabilizing influence and promoted an excellent environment conducive to increasing efficiency, enhancing quality and strengthening financial results.
- Built effective personal relationships and networks within the team, which contributed towards achieving organizational and team successes.
- Understanding the entire project from team member’s point of view, explaining my ideas to them on the project & ensuring that everyone understands. Co-writing the outcome and then co-presenting it ensuring to convey the idea of my team effectively to the audience
- Ability to get on with all levels of people and possess strong relationship building skills.
- Able to continuously meet targets and surpass expectations.
- Improving margins and maintaining high-quality service to clients.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate technical jargon to a non-technical audience.
- Articulate and well presented.
- Having the necessary drive and enthusiasm required for a tough competitive industry.
- Quick learner, possess a broad range of experience, highly motivated, and can work in structured and unstructured environments and Initiating career awareness and self-monitoring on my overall progress.