- 6 years of experience in the field of IT with focus on QA manual plus automated testing of web based and Client - Server applications.
- Experienced in defining Testing Methodologies, Designing Test Plans and Test Cases, verifying and validating Web based e-Commerce applications and Documentation based on standards for software development.
- Strong knowledge of all phases of SDLC and Strong working knowledge of Software testing (Functional, Integration, Performance, Regression).
- Tested web applications in Agile, Waterfall development processes.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing on the QTP.
- Experience working withAgile/Scrumproduct development environment.
- Expertise in developing Automated Regression scripts using Quality Center.
- Experience in developing and maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and can work independent as well as in a team environment.
- Enjoy learning new tools and technologies.
- Excellent team player, self-motivated, quick learner having excellent communication skills and trouble-shooting capabilities.
Testing Tools: QC, QTP/UFT
Test Management Tools: QC/ALM, Lotus Notes, SharePoint
Test Documentation: Use Cases, Test Conditions, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts & Traceability Matrix
Languages: VB Script, SQL, HTML & XML.
Documentation: MS Office & Adobe Tools.
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7
Databases: Oracle 10g, DB2 & MS Access
Methodology: Agile (SCRUM) and ALM
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Facilitated design walkthroughs to analyze requirements, functional scope, and use case documents for testability and created test plan and test cases that ensure fail-safe business coverage of critical areas for functional testing and performance testing.
- Interact with developers and BAs to understand the design and technical specifications.
- Work with Business analysts and present the test strategy to the entire team in order to obtain the necessary approval.
- Create functional and integration test cases based on business requirements and design documentation.
- Experience in Functionality testing and analyzing reports.
- Designed conditions for entrance and exit criteria.
- Execute test cases based on requirements using QTP.
- Tested the functionality of Web Services using Soap UI.
- Help to link test cases to require and ensure complete coverage through Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Performed Data Driven testing in QTP by performing parameterization.
- Implemented agile QA processes and practices, including defect and test management
- Responsible for running different types of testing like functionality Testing, Black Box testing, Security testing, Smoke testing, Usability testing, System Testing and Regression Testing on AUT.
- Used Quality Center to log in defects and also track defect status.
- Performed GAP Analysis using requirement traceability results.
- Performed backend testing using SQL statements to check database tables for validity of various business transactions and database integrity.
- Revise test cases for new and revised features and capabilities.
- Update managers and leads on various test reports after analyzing results.
- Create the necessary testing procedures and documentation and update on QC in compliance with the required regulatory rules.
- Perform Deployment testing on Production environment for each major and minor Release.
- Responsible for entering bugs into QC, track defect status and co-ordinate defect resolution with the developers.
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Identified the project scope, business objective and risks based on the project scope document
- Used Agile Methodology
- Developed Test Strategy and Test Schedules.
- Participated in daily stand up meetings discussing the progress and goals.
- Understood the functionality of the application & testing methods in different platforms.
- Performed functional, regression, sanity and system testing on different applications.
- Worked with the developers in the case of functionality modifications on a regular basis.
- Wrote test cases based on the requirements, stories and UI snapshots.
- Performed System testing and integration testing of products.
- UsedQualityCenter for tracking, analyzing and documenting defects.
- Lead defect status calls.
- Used SQL Queries to pull data through SQL Server from the Database to write and execute test cases.
- Wrote simple to complex SQL queries to verify the database tables for the data inserted from the GUI.
- Performed back-end testing using UNIX scripting, PL/SQL procedures and triggers to ensure the validity and integrity of data after DML operations.
- Used appropriate SQL data mining tools to extract data and query Test Case data for modification and reuse.
- Created UAT test cases and test plans for all assigned product
- Carried out UAT Sessions with Business owner for completed stories
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Responsible for designing test plans and writing test cases based on the Requirement documents.
- Interacting with business analysts and business users to better understand requirements and use cases.
- Developed Test Cases under all possible scenarios of testing, including Positive and Negative scenarios,
- Prioritized Test Cases for risk based testing.
- Participated in internal, design and partner review meetings.
- Work closely with developers to isolate and reproduce defects.
- Performed functional, regression, integration and user acceptance testing.
- Tracking, Logging, Managing and Reporting the defects using QC.
- Re-testing the fixed modules in defect life cycle.
- Perform sanity testing of new builds.
- Assist production support on an as needed basis.
Environment: Windows, Linux, HTML, XML, Microsoft SQL Server, Team-city, Subversion, BugZilla
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Jr Quality Analyst
- Involved in Planning and coordination efforts throughout the QALC
- Participated in reviewing the Test Plans and Test Case Templates for the functional testing
- Providing test estimates, schedules and Run Plan for Test Cases
- Create scripts to automate different database
- Creation of the Quality Assurance and Test Strategy document that describes the technical and management approach to be followed for testing of the entire project
- Creation of Test Procedure document, which specifies step-by-step action for actual testing
- Development of Test Case(s) matching requirements with help from business analysts
- Executing Test cases in iterative process using RUP Methodology under various builds
- Executing Test cases and reporting errors to Project Manager and developers
- Tracking, Reporting and Managing the defects in Quality Center
- Involved in Database testing by writing SQL queries and testing triggers and PL/SQL procedures
- Recording Defects encountered in Test execution and communicating the same to the concerned team members for resolution
- We implemented web and intranet application standards of section 508 of Rehabilitation act
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, MS Word, MS ExcelEDUCATION: