- Over 8 years of experience in Software Testing in Manual, Selenium Automation, QTP Automation and Database Testing, Web base application and Client/Server based applications.
- Well exposed to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software development methodologies such as Agile, V Model and Waterfall.
- Good experience in Requirements gathering, Business Analysis, QA, Documentation, FSD, BRD, Test Plans, Test Cases.
- Excellent skills in automated test tools like Load Runner, QTP, Selenium, Quality Center, Mercury Tools (Win Runner).
- Knowledge and experience in complete QA Life Cycle, which includes designing, developing & execution of the entire QA Process, documentation of Functional Test Plans, Identification of Business Processes & Test Scripts for e - Commerce and Client/Server applications.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
- Expertise in Backend scripting using Python.
- Expertise in defining, creating, documenting, verifying and executing Test cases and work with development team to resolve product issues.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, Junit, Selenium IDE, Grid, Firebug and TestNG.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Integration, Smoke, GUI testing, Database testing, Release testing, Web testing, Performance testing, Stress testing, Internationalization/Localization testing, System Integration testing (SIT) & User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Expertise in working with Manual and Automated testing tools: SOAP Scope, SOAP UI, IBM RIT (GreenHat (GH) Tester), Clear Quest and Quality Center HP ALM11, CALT.
- Testing experience with Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, AOL and MSN explorer browsers and good exposure with browser compatibilities and their constraints.
- Strong understanding of software QA methodologies including Develop, Execute, Maintain Test plans, Test suites, Test harness, Test final result documents and bug reports.
- Experience in performing Mobile Automation testing using Appium on both iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience in writing and executing load scripts using JMeter as well as Load Runner.
- Experience using various databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Extensive Experience in Functional Testing of Client Server, Windows & Web Applications.
- Experience in developing manual and automated Test scripts and test cases based on the client provided BRD, FRS and SRS.
- Experience with Black box testing. Experience in Web services (SOA, XML) testing.
- Exposure to Software Test Automation techniques using NUNIT and other testing methodologies.
- Worked on front end web application development that involved HTML, DHTML, XHTML, XML, and CSS.
- Quick learner of new software/tools, self-starter, can work independently and in a team.
- Proficient in different software development methodologies like Agile Methodology, Waterfall model, Iterative model, V-model and RUP.
- Experience in writing UNIX shell scripts for loading the data.
- Experience in developing and understanding of HTML, XML, CSS and Good Experience in JQuery, Java script.
- Experienced in effectively handing onsite-off shore model project implementations.
- Responsible for ensuring the thorough testing of the product against business requirements, non-functional requirements ensuring the critical business goals and requirements are met.
- Involvement in Project Planning, Coordination and implementing various QA methodologies.
- Customer focused self-motivated, team person, good analytical and problem solving skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly. Good communication skills with commitment, perseverance, detail oriented and positive attitude.
- Ability in working individually or as a part of team, Problem solving, Analytical skills, Reporting and Assisting to Manager.
Web & App Server: Apache Tomcat 3.0, Jboss 4.0, WebLogic 6.0, WebSphere, Sun Iplanet Web and Messaging Server 4.1.
Programming Languages: Java 1.3, Java 1.4, Java 1.5, C, Python, Perl5, Shell Script, PL/SQL, UML 2.1, JDK 1.4, JDK 1.5 and Java Script.
Automated Tools: Web Driver, Selenium, JBehave, Cucumber, Quick Test Professional, Win Runner, Load Runner, Appium, Robotium, Protractor.
Defect Tracking System: JIRA, Quality Center, DETS, GNATS 4.1, BugZilla 2.22, Rally and Pivotal tracker.
IDE: JBuilderX, JBuilder 2005, IntelliJ Idea 6.0.4, Eclipse 3.1, NetBeans.
UML Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Office Visio 2003, SmartDraw, UML Studio.
Testing Frameworks: Nunit, Junit.
Browsers: MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera.
Test Tools/ Others: Java Web Start, AdventNet WebNMS 4.7.0, JProfiler 4.3, JProbe 5.0, TestNG, JUnit and JMeter, Rational Integration Tester RIT/Greenhat .
Operating Systems: Windows 7/NT/XP,UNIX, Linux (Red Hat 9, CentOS 4.3), Sun Solaris 2.7.
Confidential, Glendale, CA
- Designed and automated functional, integration, system and end-to-end test scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Automated regression test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG across system to ensure that changes or fixes do not impact other modules of the system.
- Used Java as client library for Selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using TestNG.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Involved in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Tested a web based invoice/expense tracking e-commerce application using JBoss middleware.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used J2EE for the implementation of script on Eclipse. TestNG and Junit annotation are using for the implementation.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Involved in Designing& developing data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver, Testing and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Middleware WMS WebSphere mapping testing Extensive testing experience with Sterling OMS.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Used Selenium automation (TestNG) to different type of browsers to perform Cross Browser Testing.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Used Firebug and Fire path for element identification while creating Page Object Repository.
- Tested OMS System using (Demandware (SAAS, Cloud computing), Sterling, Slingshot).
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
- Created automation scripts in SOAPUI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Automated Web Application Testing using Python Selenium framework in an Agile environment.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Python.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and created selenium automation scripts in java.
- Maintained and performed deployments onTeamcity- integration tool (CI).
- Analyzed the script execution report using java framework like Cucumber, TestNG.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document (BRD),developed Test cases and Test scripts for the application under test.
- Actively participated and Interacted with product management teams in the review and analysis of functional requirements.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer Functionality, Change Process, Configuration Data Requirements, Legacy Data Requirements, and Access Permissions Requirements.
- Indepth understanding ofObject Oriented Programmingand skilled in developing automated test scripts inSelenium.
- Created automation framework and test scripts usingSeleniumWeb-Driverfor multiple platforms and browsers testing.
- Design, develop and implement Page Object Model Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizingJava, Test-NG andSeleniumWeb-Driver.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts and logged defects inJIRA/ALM.
- UsedSVN Subclipserepository for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases.
- Write test scenario's TSM using spreadsheet and QC.
- ConfiguredSeleniumWeb Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and createdSeleniumautomation scripts in java using Test-NG prior to next quarter release.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complexSQL queries from SQL Server.
- Designed data-driven testing framework in Seleniumand captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development usingSelenium.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using SeleniumWeb-Driver with Test-NG.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with using Jenkins andTeamcity.
- Analyzed the script execution report using java framework like Cucumber, TestNG.
- Used Firebug/ IE Developer Toolkit andSeleniumIDE to capture and validate CSS Locators, html ids to identify elements.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application usingSelenium.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, dynamic objects, custom object types, unexpected event handling.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers usingHTML IDs and Xpath in Selenium.
- Performed functional testing ofSOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UITool.
- Involved in testingWeb services and XMLwith tool calledSOAP UIand using this tool to locateWSDL fileon internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Involved in scope creation, script creation, configuration, execution, analysis, resolution, retesting in order to performance testingusing JMeter.
- Designed scenarios inJMeterto perform Load and Stress tests and to analyze results.
- Involved in regression testing using QTPtool prior converting QTP scripts toSeleniumweb-driver.
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots forUAT (User Acceptance testing).
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Actively Involved in Software Development Life Cycle and Test Life Cycle, Test strategies, Methodologies and processes.
- Used Quality Center to prepare Test cases, procedures, Requirements Traceability Matrix and managing the Defects as per the Business requirements.
- Performed System Testing, Functional Testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing and Usability Testing. Used manual and automated scripts for testing the Application.
- Performed gray box testingand identified different test cases for regression testing.
- Coordinated with Project Managers, Business Analysts and System Analysts to set up the pre-validation and validation environment to execute the scripts.
- UsedSeleniumRC to test web sites and their systematic updates for functionality, usability, regression,performance, browser and operating systems compatibility.
- Involved in working withJUnit test runnerandEclipse.
- Built automated test-suites usingWebDriver Java API /Seleniumtest suites, JUnitandTestNG.
- Creatingtest cases and test suits for backend testing.
- Developed and maintained release acceptance tests usingSeleniumIDE, JUnit, and Eclipse.
- Worked closely with Development as well as Requirement teams to ensure testing issues are resolved on timely manner.
- Worked in continuous integration environment. Deploy code stored in GitHub toQAenvironment via Hudson continuous integration tool. Manages QAprocess for release candidate. Reports progress to business development.
- Prioritized items with upper management to coordinate and test based on business priority. Delegatedand coordinated daily and weekly tasks to offshore resources. Provide feedback to team, report progress tomanagement.
- Designed and coded new features for internal harness application. (Java, SQL, JDBC, GitHub, JUnit).
- Expanded feature set considerably over a short period of time, significantly increasing product scope.
- Created CSS/XSLT script to parse XML results into HTML format.
- Created user defined functions in Java and implemented the functionality withSelenium.
- Performed end-to-end testing.
- Performed unit testing as well as integration testing.
- Created documentation fortesterprocedures and best practices.
Environment: JAVA, Java Script, Eclipse IDE, HP QC, QTP, HTML, Waterfall, JMeter, Selenium IDE/RC, SQL, JDBC, Maven, JUnit, CSS, XSLT, GitHub.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Responsible for Planning, analyzing Test Plan, creating Test cases and Test Scripts based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Involved with Web Application Development and testing using Selenium.
- Executed regression and data driven testing on the system using Selenium.
- Assisted in development of Proof of Concept using detailed knowledge of application features and functions assess scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications.
- Involved in development of Modular driven test automation framework for the application.
- Responsible for the testing of Business Application which includes: System Testing, Integration Testing, Functionality Testing, Transaction Testing, Negative Testing, Black Box Testing, Regression Testing.
- Created traceability matrix and mapped requirements to Test Cases.
- Responsible to verifyWeb services API request, response data validations in REST architecture.
- Experience in REST webservices validating request and response using SOAP-UI.
- Participated in requirements walkthroughs with users to better understand.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to retrieve and verify information in the database.
- Executed test cases manually to verify the expected results worked with technical designers and architects to understand the requirements for a test environment setup.
- Created automated scripts for GUI Regression and Integration testing.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium WebDriver/ IDE, Java Script, Eclipse IDE, TestNG, JIRA, SQL, Windows.
- Gathered Business Requirements and meeting different users of the application.
- Developed Web Services for saving and updating order details, including some other common services which include Protocol Services etc.
- Mapped and managed Object/table relationships in Hibernate.
- Defined and developed the User interface screens and the corresponding Java artifacts using Struts.
- Presentation tier was developed using JSP, JSTL, Java Script, and HTML.
- Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing.
- Performed Client side validations using Java script.
- Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures to interact with the DB.
- Provided management of various departments with reports, time series graphs and pie charts using PowerPlay.
- Performed Unit testing and prepared new test case documents.
- Implemented various useful design patterns including Singleton and Data Access objects etc.
- Used ESB to develop message flows for routing and transformation of the web services requests.
- Experience in Web Services like SOAP, WSDL and good Knowledge in SOA.
- Automation of REST API based product using Rest Assured Framework with JSON.
- Involved in writing DAO layer using Hibernate to access the Oracle database.
- Focused on Test Driven Development thereby creating detailed JUnit tests for every single piece of functionality before actually writing the functionality.
Environment: s: Java, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Hibernate, WebLogic application Server, Web Services, SOAP, WSDL, HTML, XML, Oracle, Windows and UNIX.
- Designed Data Model and Developed Stored Procedures using PL/SQL.
- Used JDBC API for interaction with the SQL Server Database.
- XML was used to transfer the data between different layers.
- Worked on database interaction layer for insertions, updating and retrieval operations on data.
- Guided team members on Struts Framework.
- Test plan creation, Test Case creation, Test Script writing and execution (manual testing).
- Found bugs and updated JIRA with all bug details. Assigned it to Developers. Once bug fixed tested, verified and updated JIRA Ticket with all details.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Performance tuning of the application and using spring batch for the bulk transaction processing. Also, making used of Java collections framework to re-design the application for better performance.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Used JMS for Asynchronous communication between the applications.
- Implemented Hibernate to map all the tables from different data sources to make database updating.
- Interacted with database to fix the bugs based on Business requirements.
Junior UI Developer
- Worked closely with Business, Marketing and Development teams to strategise design solutions.
- Was instrumental in drafting UI specifications and Style guides.
- Designed and developed the front end using HTML, DHTML.
- Developed CSS, DHTML to manage the style of the complete site.
- Designed animation using motion tween and shape tween in Flash.
- Used the jQuery widgets like Accordion and Date picker and interactions like Draggable, Droppable, Resizable jQuery interactions.
- Checked for browser compatibility using Adobe Browser Lab.