- An outstanding and experienced Quality Assurance/Software Tester with deep understanding of IT and expertise on Software Testing/QA over 8 years utilizing various leading tools and best practices throughout
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in fast - faced environments. I'm confident that my technical skills and QA/Software Testing background will allow me to perform well in varying work environments.
- Highly efficient in complex, Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Dynamic, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Worked in different Application Environments include Integration, System, User Acceptance and Regression phase.
- Test Automation Expertise through HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT/QTP) for Creating, Maintaining, and debugging complex and innovative scripts for frameworks such as Modular, Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven, and Hybrid Framework.
- Developed Automation Scripts in Selenium for Functional testing, Analytics testing and Regression Testing using JUnit and TestNG.
- Experienced in design, development and implementation of various Frameworks inSelenium.
- Worked extensively with Selenium WebDriver to automate Test Scenarios and generate reports using Jenkins for Continuous Integration
- Developed and maintained custom library, error handling, recovery scenarios, reporting methods and descriptive programming, Repository management, using QTP/UFT for Automation framework.
- Quality Assurance and Software Testing experience involving complex client/server and web based applications. Executing test cases, and test scripts using QTP and Application life cycle management (ALM).
- Proficient in System, Functional, Integration, Regression, Progression, Security, Load and Performance testing.
- Experience in Bug Tracking, Root Cause Analysis, Defect Analysis and Project Documentation.
- Deep understanding of Software development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), and Bug Life Cycle (BLC).
- Proficient in developing test artifacts such as Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Case, Test Script, Test Data and maintaining the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Proficient in designing, reviewing and documenting system test plans, defining test procedures and creating test cases on the basis of product releases features, client's requirements and related technical documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in expressing ideas clearly to individuals and groups including the ability to effectively document procedures, processes and results.
- Experienced in Design, Develop and generate Reports using Application life cycle management (ALM) and QC.
- Proficient in writing SQL Queries to test database integrity.
- Strong Technical and Analytical skills.
- Mentor and Transition new Team members in the Project.
Automation Frameworks: QTP/UFT, Selenium WebDriver,Selenium RC,SeleniumGrid andSelenium IDE.
Defect Management Tools: BugZilla, and Quality Center.
Scripting Language: VB Script. Batch Script
Platforms: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista 7, & 8, UNIX
Databases and tools: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, TOAD
Protocol/Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, HTTP, and FTP.
Environment: s: Agile, Scrum, XP, Iterative and Waterfall.
Other: Oracle, Jenkins, Maven, Test NG, WebSphere, J2EE, SOAP, TeamViewer, VMWare, MS Word, Excel, web service testing, and SharePoint.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
- Develop robust Automated Test Scripts to increase automation coverage using UFT and Selenium for Urgent Care, Pharmacy and Outpatient Clinic modules
- Create and enhance numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment usingSelenium.
- Create and execute C# automation/Performance testing in Visual Studio Ultimate.
- Assessing risks and dependencies that could impact the success of the testing effort.
- Relaying the testing scope to the team, including EDI processes.
- Experience in working with open source toolsSelenium(SeleniumIDE, Selenium Web Driver, Test NG), Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework.
- Good understanding and hands on experience with web technologies like HTML, XPATH, XML, Java.
- Test Web Services and validated XML Data
- Create Automated Hybrid Driven test scripts in UFTfor performing highly efficient regression test cycles.
- Use certain checkpoints and Synchronization points using UFT to see how the application reacts.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing on behalf of End Users at client's environment.
- Perform Manual Testing for eHealth Services Web Portals - newsletters, reminders, etc.
- Verify the functionality of integrated, multi-environment enterprise solutions using UFT.
- Involved in uploading the test cases and raising the defects in HPQC.
- Involved in defect triage calls.
- Convert Manual Test Cases to Automated Test Scripts in HP Quality Center (QC) to HP QuickTest Professional (QTP)UFT using advance VBScript for Claims, EDI validation, and Providers module.
- Develop SQL Script in TOAD and executed script for test data creation and regression and integration testingParticipate in Functional and Design Review meetings of conversion components.
- Involved in Test Design, Test plan and preparing Test Results for each executed component.
- Responsible for creating Integration, System, Regression and UAT test cases and test execution of functional features.
- Prepare Test Cases with the complete description of requirements of client Create Test Cases and executed the test cases using HP ALM.
- Execute the UNIX shell scripts that invoked SQL loader to load data into tables.
- Work with other development team members to better understand system functionality in order to improve testing quality.
- Involved in gathering specifications and requirements from development personnel prior to automating testing.
Environment: SeleniumWebDriver, Grid, JUnit,, TestNG, Java, ANT,UAT, Facets, ALM/Quality Center, UFT/QTP, VB Script, Oracle, SQL, TOAD, Web services, Java, J2EE, Java Script, HTML, XML,EDI,, MS Office and Windows XP.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
- Worked as a Test Lead coordinating onshore and off-shore team.
- Developed Functional Test Automation usingSeleniumIDE, RC, WebDriver and Grid.
- Experience of Hybrid Framework development for Automation usingSelenium and Java.Created automated test scripts for regression testing.
- Involved inUnit Testingusing C#.
- Developed custom QTPfunction libraries (like Object Oriented Functions, Database Functions, and Utilities etc)
- Worked on HP ALM to write test cases and execute them
- Involved in creation of test plan, test scenarios, test cases, Observation Summary Report and Test Execution Summary Report.
- Worked in Agile based methodology and worked in sprint to sprint.
- Attended Daily Scrum Meetings and provided with the status of each day.
- Used data-driven testing and database accessing techniques during automation scripts development
- Created and maintained automated tests using QTPby coding in VB Script.. These functions are application independent and platform independent that can be used across multiple projects.
- Developed a comprehensive Automation Regression Suite that is executed at the end of each sprint
- Involved in Sprint review meetings and backlogs meeting.
- Involved in giving demos for each sprint.
- Providing daily status report to client on day to day basis.
- Used Rally to understand the stories and track the hours spent on each task in the rally
Environment: Selenium WebDriver (TestNG), JIRA, soapUI,, JENKINS, GitHub, Quality Center ALM 11.0, Quick Test Professional 11.0, VB.Net, Web Services, XML, Rally, SqlServer
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Software QA Tester
- Responsible for automation testing usingSelenium
- Tested compatibility of applications for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium including database and Flash component testing.
- Created Test cases and Test scripts using QTPfor Descriptive Programming using VB script.
- Implemented various Checkpoints for data validation and synchronization and developed Reusable functions using QTP
- Tracking and testing connections of customers using various protocols.
- SQL quires for database validation.
- Defects were tracked and prioritized using Quality Center and analyzed the variation between expected result and actual result.
- Reviewed Business Requirement documents (BRD) and Functional Specifications Documents to prepare Test Cases and identify test scenario.
- Within Software test life cycle (STLC) I have been involved both directly and indirectly with Test Requirement Identification, Project Setup, Planning Estimation, Test Strategy and Test Outline, Test Design, Test Plan reports, Automation, Test Execution, Regression reports, Code Freeze, and Post Project Analysis.
- Involved in writing and executing script for regression and functional testing using QTPand HP ALM
- Used HP Quality Center (QC) Report bugs using the defect tracking system and verify fixes for reserving, executing test cases, defect tracking, and the complete test management in Windows and Unix Platform.
- Interacted with Software Engineers and client services to troubleshoot defects in the application.
Environment: JAVA, Selenium, SQL, UNIX, Web Logic Sever, QTP, MS Office (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint), QC, OracleSQL, XML, Git source control, HP ALM