- 7+ years of IT Industry experience with DevOps\SCM\Build\Deploy Engineer and Release Management.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS and GIT/Stash on Linux, UNIX and windows environment.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in cloud provisioning using Amazon Web Service(AWS).
- Chef Automation experience including writing cookbooks, customized recipes for test driven development environments and test kitchen.
- Puppet Automation experience including Master, Agents, Manifests, Classes setup.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Nexus and Artifactory.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, MS Build, XCode.
- Installed and Configured Jazz Tools (RTC, RRC, RQM)
- Experience in installing and Configuring Atlassain Suite (Stash, JIRA, Confluence).
- Installed and Configured Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Hands - on experience creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl and XML.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment,releasemethodology and application configurations.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM)
- Proficient in setting up and configuring Baselines, Branching, Merging, and Backup through CVS and Subversion.
- SCM process automation and strategy implementation
- Extensive experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle with emphasis in Designing, Developing, Implementation, Deployment and Support of distributed enterprise scalable, secure and transactional J2EE applications.
- Release Process Implementation like Dev Ops and Continuous Delivery methodologies to existing Build & Deployment Strategies
- Extensive experience of working with the release and deployment of Java/J2EE Web applications.
- Providing end to end SCM consultation and implementation
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, NANT, XCode.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Ruby, Perl
Configuration Management: Perforce, Subversion, GIT/Stash, PVCS, ClearCase
CI Tools: Jenkins, TFS, AntHillPro, Teamcity, Bamboo
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, RHEL and Solaris.
Databases: Oracle, MySql, MSAccess
Change Management: Remedy, Service Now, and PVCS Tracker.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, HTTP Server, Weblogic, JbossBug Reporting Tools SDM-12, Bug Zilla, JIRA and Rational Clear Quest.
DevOps: Chef, Puppet, AWS
Other Tools/Applications: HP PPM, Sharepoint, Confluence, F5
DevOps/Build and Release Engineer
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Perforce and PVCS.
- Implemented Jazz tools(RTC, RRC, RQM).
- Expertise in various branching methodologies, merging and tagging to facilitate defect/change management in conjunction within projects across the organization.
- Ensured proper version control, revision labels and baseline management procedures as part of the release process.
- Experience in migrating source code repositories from between various version control systems like SVN to Git, SVN to P4.
- Worked on several build tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle etc.
- Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- Mavenized several ANT projects.
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Maintained local team repositories and Organization’s central repositories for maven.
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like Weblogic, Jboss & Apache Tomcat.
- Troubleshooting deployment, infrastructure and start up issues on various application servers product line
- Automated webserver content deployments via shell scripts
- Develop and configure of Continuous Integration (CI) scripts for releases and Enhancing/Maintaining to suite the request from teams across the organization.
- Configure the setup of every release biweekly and monthly on the regular basis for product teams to perform integration testing.
- Maintained over 200 jobs in Jenkins from 10 different Application teams for over 4-5 releases in parallel.
- Worked on several Industry best CI tools like Jenkins, Hudson, AHP & bamboo.
- Experience migrating jobs from Cruise Control to Teamcity
- Helped teams move cronjobs/scheduler to Jenkins & configure jobs
- Managed daily and nightly Integration test builds for Dev Teams sizing up to 15 and ensured the build stabilization for nightly deploys.
- Generated and Published build and deploy reports in various CI tools
- Environment Management of Dev, SIT, QA, Staging etc. for every assigned Releases
- Performing Middleware, Infrastructure and Application Backfill activities for each Release.
- Source Code Branch maintenance, Forward & Reverse Integrate activities for code merges into Release & Project branches
- SCM configuration, management, maintenance.
- Build process, QA release management, Customer Release management
- Meeting the release milestones, attending weekly release meetings.
- Handling the cutover activities, Dependencies, resource allocation, overseeing the approvals, downtime schedules for PROD releases etc.
Environment: Git, Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Confluence, Artifactory, Rally, Jira, Ruby, CentOS, Python, Shell Scripts.
Build and Release Engineer
- Monitor Automated Build & Participate In Manual Builds as Appropriate.
- Making SC/SS level depots.
- Daily build process using shell scripts and scheduled builds to execute in the night using cron jobs.
- Trouble shooting Clearcase problem pertaining to VOB, Views, Clearcase metadata
- Config-specs, importing data to and from clearcase environment.
- Monitoring backup of VOB/Views.
- Creating UCM projects, components, integration streams, development streams.
- Trouble shooting the UCM issues.
- Configuring ClearCase VOBs, Views, license and registry server.
- Patch administration.
- Setup local VOB's for replication at remote sites
- Create replicas at local site of VOB's existing at other sites
- Configuring access permissions and managing it.
- Managing the masterships of VOB replicas
- Implement appropriate multisite strategy and configure multisite sync up.
- Monitor status of multisited vobs and take corrective action for sync issues
- Software installation and trouble shooting.
- Established and implemented Change Control standards for different tasks.
- Created New schema's in Clear Quest.
- Created Schema Repository's in Clear Quest.
- Created Database's in Clear Quest and associated with a single schema.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Built and Deployed java source code into application servers in an agile continuous integration environment.
- Generated Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked on the transition project, which involves migration activities from Ant to Maven in order to standardize the build across all the applications
Environment: Rational ClearCaseV6.0, JIRA, Shell, Ant1.6.1, RHELinux and Win2kServer
Confidential, Fargo, ND
Build and Release Engineer
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Experienced in setting up Continuous Integration environment using Bamboo
- Used the continuous integration tool Bamboo to automate the daily processes
- Provided end-user for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EEweb application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for WebLogic and web application servers.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked on Confluence to share knowledge with other teams
- Performed integrating, Junit and code quality Tests as a part of build process.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Bamboo, Confluence, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, Shell Scripts, Junit, JXML, UNIX, Windows XP, Oracle
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager’s for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Source code configuration tools Subversion and GIT used for different projects.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process. Configured Bamboo for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Used Shell to automate the deployment process.
- Performed Load/Functional testing using Mercury Load runner and HP QTP.
- Designed a customized Status Reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and WebSphere Application Server with DB2 as Database.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Bamboo, Java/J2EE, JDK, ANT, MAVEN, DB2, UNIX, Windows XP, Web Sphere, HP Quality Center.