- 7+ years of experience in Software Testing both in Manual and Automation testing of Web based applications.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing, GUI Testing, System & Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing.
- Proficient in Automation Test tools like Quick Test Professional (QTP) and Test Management tools like HP ALM.
- Defect reporting / tracking using QC and Initiate Defect Triage call, follow up with stake holders/ development teams for defect closure.
- Develop standardized reporting and metrics for QA processes using HP Quality Center.
- Create reports and graphs using QC to help and review the progress of test planning, runs, and defect tracking before a software release.
- Expertise in QA and software methodologies such as Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Defect Management Life Cycle, Agile methodologies
- Proficient in designing Automation Frameworks that suitable for the application and the customer requirements.
- Expertise in preparing Test Estimations, Scope and Strategy, Test Summary, Test Metrics documents.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Test methodologies
- Expert in Planning, Test Design, Performing Test, Defect Tracking and Test Reporting.
- Used Quality Center for management of test plan, test design, test execution and defect log phase.
- Expert in analyzing and reviewing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Technical Design Documents
- Excellent Knowledge in Quality Assurance Testing Procedures and have excellent skills in understanding the application and preparing test plan / test scripts for the unit, Integration and System testing.
- Experience in creating Test Data, Analyzing Defects and interacting with development team to resolves the issues.
- Experience in testing System Admin tasks like creating/administering Users, Responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical, multi - tasking, problem-solving, time-management and communication skills
Testing Tools: QTP, Win Runner, HP ALM
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS Access 2000, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000, TOAD 7.6
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere.
O/S: Windows 8/7/XP Prof/2003 Server, UNIX
Languages: C, C++, HTML, DHTML, XML, XSLT, Java Script, VB Script
Others: MS Office-2003, MS Project.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. QA Tester
- Analyzed Business Requirements and functionality specification to develop Test plan, Test cases and Test scripts.
- Worked with Business Analysts for preparing the Test cases.
- Tested web services using SaopUI.
- Performed GUI testing and web based testing.
- Personnel, ensuring that they meet the requirements specified in the enhancement specification for the change.
- Involved in each stages of test documentation with Test Policy, Test Strategy, Test Methodology, Test Planning, Test Case Specification, Test Procedures, Test Scripting, Test Logs and Defect Reports.
- UsedQTP to developautomationtest scripts for system’s core functionality and GUI’s of the application.
- Helped enhance usability of the system by suggesting changes in the front end.
- Done Extensive Testing using Manual Testing, Automation Testing and Black box testing.
- Involved in Database test by using TOAD and SQL.
- Develop manual test cases to verify intermediate releases.
- Assisted in configuring Mercury Quality Center, as a project management and Bug Tracking System to report and track all errors.
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing and running the automation suite.
- Created automation test scripts to test all end-to-end components - legacy mainframe, Web and upgrade.
- Wrote VB script for data driven testing using test data from excel sheets.
- Conducted walk through for test scripts and test cases.
- Performed Regression testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance testing and Integration testing.
- Involved in backend testing (Data Validation Testing) by writing SQL queries.
- Thoroughly tested application along with bug reporting and tracking till bug closure.
- Followed a change control process for managing changes as and when they occur during the project life cycle.
- Mapped the custom objects to the standard objects where necessary, and inserted Standard, Bitmap and Text checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Generated test execution/defects reports from Quality Center and participated in weekly/daily test execution status review meetings.
Environment: QTP 11.0/11.5, QC 11.0, HP ALM, SaopUI, Oracle 11g, UNIX, Datastage, Jira, VB Scripting, SQL, XML, Windows, JSP, Java Servlets, Stored Procedures.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Analyzed the Business requirements and System specifications to understand the Application.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases & Test Scripts as per functional requirements for Testing of Web Bases Application.
- Created and executed test plans in equity compensation part of application.
- Good knowledge of front office Equities Trading flows.
- Prepared automation test framework by exporting test case scripts from Selenium IDE to Eclipse IDE and then modifying the scripts using Java (Java-Selenium RC).
- Used Selenium RC to run tests in different browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox).
- Used Eclipse IDE to run scripts as JUnit tests.
- Performed cross browser compatibility testing between different operating systems.
- Work with the customer service team to reproduce issues reported by our customer.
- Kept a strong communication with QA manager, Product manager, and developers
Environment: Jira, Selenium, Quality Center (HP ALM), MySQL, MS Excel
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Gather requirements and document the proposed processes to the existing system. Modules included: Life insurance policy and Financial Calculator of the company.
- Tested the Enhanced web applications associated with Claim Numbers so that duplicate Claim Numbers could be allowed in the system. Processes according to Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Developed test scripts and test cases using QTP, Quality Center.
- Worked with Business Analysts for preparing the Test cases.
- Involved in Requirements analysis using Rational Requisite Pro and DOORS.
- Involved in bug tracking using Quality Center
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) - Performed UAT tests and reported by using MS snapshots.
- Developed Test Scripts using Quality Center and coordinated with developers to quickly resolve the defects associated with them.
- Involved in Designing and Analyzing of Test Scope strategies with other Test Analyst.
- Wrote Integration and System Test cases using Quality Center from Functional, Technical and other high level documents.
- Performed both manual and automated testing.
- Manually Conducted Positive and Negative testing.
- Conducted System, Integrated and Regression testing to the application.
- Conducted Functional, User Acceptance and Usability testing.
- Involved in creation and maintenance of Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix.
- Performed Back-End testing using SQL queries
- Created reports on crystal report to satisfy user requests, data sampling, project analysis, or testing verification.
- Developed associated project documentation, test plan, test scenarios, performed gap analysis, and test tracking reporting for all phases of testing including user acceptance testing.
- Performed Sanityon the application manually.
Environment: Agile, C#,.net, JAVA, Quality Center, Test Director, Windows, MS Visual Studio,QTP, SQL 2008R2, VB-script, Crystal Reports, MSOffice (MS word, excel, access, outlook, PowerPoint), MS-Visio.
Confidential, St Paul, MN
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
- Create Functional Test Cases by reviewing BRD documents for Functional & Regression testing.
- Analyze the test scenarios and manually written the test cases.
- Execute Test Plans and Test Cases from requirements and specifications documents
- Perform Smoke, Functional (Soap UI), System, Integration and Regression Testing.
- Gathering, Understanding and Documenting Requirements
- Use Quality Center for tracking and reporting defects
- Attend daily stand up meetings and discussions on defect resolution with the development team
- Manage the test scenario test data for System Testing and UAT Testing for web Based and Mobile Application
- Create test metrics on a daily basis and present them to the management
- Actively participate in the test case review sessions with Business Analysts
- Create End to End test scenarios and present to the business owners for sign off on the entry criteria.
- Cross Coordinate with Developers, Product owners and Business owners to get the issues resolved.
- Run SQL queries to fetch test data and backend (database) testing to validate the data.
- Generate process summary and defect summary report.
Environments: Windows, XML, Java, WebLogic, HTML, MS Office, QTP, HP Quality Center, MS Access.
- Created the detailed test plan and test cases from the business requirements documents and meetings.
- Involved in test script development, test execution, test analysis, defect tracking.
- Executing test cases manually and reporting the results using QC
- Performed Black Box Testing by executing test cases manually and using QTP.
- Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) with users and Customers and wrote Issues log.
- Used Quality Center as a Test Management Tool for systematic control over the testing process.
- Used Quick Test Professional for best solution for regression test execution.
- Created queries to test the backend functionality of the application.
- Performed Positive & Negative Testing for system validation.
- Found Defects and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues using Quality Center.
- Responsible for performing Regression testing on the Application for checking validity of functionality in different versions of the application using Quick Test Pro
- Provided feedback to the developers and the QA team on top priority issues.
Environment: Quick test professional 9.0, Quality Center, .Net, SQL, Windows XP, MS Office, XML, HTML.