- Looking for an innovative and challenging software development and testing environment, which can fully utilize my capabilities and to be dynamic software professional working systematically, building good logics to be globally competitive following the perfect principles of time and quality techniques.
- 7+ years of experience inManual, Web - basedand Automation Testing.
- Experience in preparing QA process documents and Test Plan for various projects.
- Preparing Test Cases based on Requirements.
- Experience in design, modification and execution of Test Cases.
- Experience in preparing Test Data and analyzing the Test Results.
- Experience in Functional Testing, System Testing, Module Testing, Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing, Usability and End to End Testing.
- Experience in Regression Testing and Frontend Testing.
- Experience in writing Test Scripts and executing them.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries against databases.
- Experience in Defect Tracking and Defect Analysis.
- Proficient in generating and managing Defect Tracking Reports.
- Coordinating with Development and Business Teams in resolving Bugs in Applications.
- Extensive experience in full Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in working on Agile and Waterfall SDLC environments.
- Had Strong communication and interpersonal skills. And had effective writing skills to communicate to customers and internal team members.
Operating System: Windows, Unix
Data Base: DB2, MY SQL, ORACLE, MS ACCESS
Automation Tools: QTP
Defect Tracking Tools: Test Director, Quality Center
Productivity Tools: MS Office, MS Excel
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL
Web Technologies: HTML
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Sr. QA Tester
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and Rules and worked with business Analysts and Business Users in preparing Test Plans
- Developed Test cases, Test scripts from the data mapping documents, functional Specification documents and mapped the test cases with the requirements for generating the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Uploading and executing the test cases using Quality Center for various global releases.
- Log and track the defects and send reports to Development, Business, and Test and Release Management teams.
- Create and maintain Test Data for System and Functional Testing.
- Performing the UAT on multiple browsers for all the releases.
- Execute Smoke Test by coordinating with Database, Deployment and Test Teams.
- Execute and coordinate Regression testing across the system when new builds and patches are being deployed.
- Coordinate with Development team to maintain the serenity of test data during the deployment of new builds and/or patches, when a test repository is being shared between Test and Development Teams.
- Establish Traceability in Quality Center.
- Execute Back-End test scenarios using SQL queries.
- Review and provide inputs to the Change Requests.
- Conduct Test Case Review meetings.
- Participate and provide inputs in use case reviews and code reviews.
- Participate in the project development team and QA Test team status meetings
Environment: SQL, QTP, Quality Center, MS Office, HTML, DB
Confidential, Charlotte NC
Sr. QA Tester
- Understanding the Requirements and Functional Specifications of the application.
- Participated in identifying the Test scenarios and designing the Test cases.
- Prepared and Executed Test cases as per System Requirements.
- Performed various Black Box testing Methodologieslike functional testing, Database Testing, Usability Testing and, Regression testing.
- Wrote test cases in Application Management System (Quality Center) and mapped the test cases with the requirements.
- Participated in peer review meeting for created Test plan, test cases and analyzing various testing documents and process of testing life cycle.
- Executed the test cases in test lab in Quality Center.
- Involved in Bug Tracking& Prepare Bug Report Document.
- Attended daily and weekly status meetings with the users, developers and testing group.
- Scheduling live tests for the Users, Assigning tasks to DEO’s.
- Reported on testing status to the Test lead.
- Escalates testing related issues to the Test lead.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, MS Office, SQL.
- Using Agile environment to performed the VGT application
- Analyzed Functional requirements Use cases and developed Test Plan, Test Cases for the PayTable Tool, PayTable Manager and PayTable Terminals.
- Participated in Functional Walkthroughs and Reviews to validate the Application Design against the Test Cases.
- Performed extensive manual testing for Functionality, Integration and System Testing of the application.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing by creating Test data which involved a lot of numbers and tedious calculations.
- Used SQL to query the PayTable Database and to validate the correctness of all the data calculations.
- Collaboratively worked with the developers in solving bugs fixes and performed Regression testing.
- Coordinated with the User to perform User Acceptance Testing of the Application.
- Responsible for weekly status meetings showing progress and future testing efforts.
Environment: .Net Framework, C#, MS Office & Excel, SQL, PerForceTarget Corporation, MN
- Developed Test strategy&Master Test Plans for Component Integration Testing, System Testing, System Integration Testing, Certification Testing
- Provided estimates for Test design, review & Test execution
- Reviewed business requirements, UI navigation documents, Business rule documents
- Coordinated between offshore (Target India & Wipro) and onsite teams to develop, review & execute test cases & test scenarios for CIT&ST stage
- Performed extensive UI&backend testing to stabilize Confidential application
- Coordinated the Test Scenario design between Business Users and other Target internal teams: Point of sale, Finance, ADW, EDI, Inventory Tracking Application; during the SystemIntegration test stage
- Coordinated and executed SIT scenarios between the Confidential Business team and other Target internal teams
- Responsible for communicating End of day status to all Target teams involved in Test Execution
- Responsible for Test Design & execution of ProcessorCertification Test cases
- Confidential got certified to send claims with all the shortlisted Insurance processors like Relay Health, Caremark, Medco, Indiana Childrens’, Omnisys, eRx
- Performed EDI testing with claim processors and coordinated the reconciliation of EDI835 in Target environment
- Designed back-end test cases to test various external vendor data loads, for example HMS Prescriber loads, Medispan Drug File load, HMS Location load using SQL
- Used ControlMEnterpriseMonitor to schedule & executebatch jobs for above loads
- Helped Development team in defect resolution and debugging by looking into various system logs
- Involved in reviewing & reporting the daily, weekly & monthly batch jobs status
- Designed & executed test cases to verify Federal & Staterules (UT, etc)
- Business rules are maintained using RMA- tested RMA& helped in stabilizing and improving it
- Involved in development of a repeatable & reusable regression suite that has been used by System Test team after code freeze to perform their rigorous regression before going live into production
- Replicated production like steps in System Integration environment to catch early data/security/firewall issues
- Used Mercury Quality Center for Test design, execution, bug reporting & generating daily status reports
- Worked closely with development & Business teams to analyze, prioritize, triage and solve issues/defects
Environment: Windows, Quality Center, SQL, MS Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Jr. QA Analyst
- Verification/Check points have been implemented by using QTP.
- Created Test Plan, gathered test data and created Test Cases, Matrices and scripts. Coded and executed automated test script using Quick Test Pro.
- Involved in Manual Testing to check the basic functionality of the modules under test using Test Director.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Performed browser compatibility testing on different versions and data validations for all reports.
- Performed UAT
- Participated in Requirement meetings (RSD) and Detail Design meetings(DDD) to understand the functional requirements of the application so as to come up with test scenarios, test flow and test procedures.
- Created manual test cases for Functional, GUI and Database testing of the application using Test Director.
- Involved in database testing by writing and executing SQL queries to ensure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database.
- Verifying all of the fixes made by Software Engineers against the appropriate defects by retesting the affected software and/or component of the system.
- Performed backend testing of data, which is retrieved from server and viewing the data in the SQL*Plus.
- Designed and executed the System (End-to-End) Test Cases using Test Director.
- Defects were tracked using Test Director to analyze the variation between the expected and actual results.
Environment: Windows SQL, HTML MQseries, Oracle, QTP, Unix