- Confidential is a senior software Quality Assurance professional with extensive experience in data storage domain with focus on manual testing and automation testing of Web, Client - server, desktop applications and stand-alone application wizards.
- Good experience in test automation tools such as Test Complete, Selenium IDE, and Selenium Webdriver.
- Experience in automation testing with tools such as Selenium (IDE/RC/Web Driver API), JUnit/TestNG, Jenkins and preparation of Automation Test frameworks.
- Designing, and developing automation frameworks as well as automation test suites using DevOps tools and technologies.
- Experience working with software development life cycle models such as Waterfall, and Agile methodologies.
- Experience in Sprint planning meetings, Story point estimation, User stories creation, Sprint demo, daily stand-up/scrum meetings, tracking project status and deliverables, and providing Test Reports to higher management.
- Complete understanding and experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and Application Life cycle Management (ALM).
- Strong Experience in User Acceptance Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke testing, Exploratory testing, Unit testing, and Integration Testing
- Good experience in SAN (FC, FCoE, iSCSI) and NAS (CIFS, NFS) technologies.
- Strong expertise and experience in testing data storage features of EMC products (EMC CLARiiON, VNX, VNXe, VNX2, and VNX2e).
- Experience of UNIX/Linux servers - full awareness of OS and variety of commands, ability to write UNIX shell scripts.
- Good knowledge and hands on experience in web services (REST) testing and backend testing (SQL queries on MS SQL server).
- Extensive experience in writing Test strategy, test plans, test cases and test scripts based on functional requirements documents (FRD).
- Experience in performing test management and test configuration management using HP QC/ALM tool.
- Experience in smoke testing of Continuous Integration (CI) builds from Jenkins.
- Performing Defect life cycle activities (opening, following up to fix, verifying and closing bugs) using BMC Remedy and JIRA tool.
- Good experience in Onsite-Offshore delivery model.
- Professional attitude, with strong attention to detail, process oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Windows XP/7/8, UNIX, Linux, Red Hat, SUSE, ESX Server 4.0/5.0, Andriod
Tools: HP QC/ALM, Test Complete, Selenium IDE, Selenium Webdriver, BMC Remedy, JIRA, Rally, Review board, and Jenkins, SOAP, REST API, TestNG, Web services
Test Methodologies: Waterfall & Agile
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access
Testing types: Functional, Integration, System, Sanity, Regression, End to End, User Interface, Smoke, Unit, Database Testing, Compatibility Testing and Back-end testing
Microsoft Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, MS Outlook
Data Storage features: EMC CLARiiON, Celerra, Navisphere, CX series, VNX, VNXe, VNX2, VNX2e, Unisphere, Array Configuration, FAST VP, Pool/Thin provisioning, FAST Cache, Compression, Deduplication, IO meter, URC/CRC, Domains, SAN, NAS, Unified, NeoB, RAID groups, LUNs.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Feature Test Lead/QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for preparing test strategy, test plans, test cases and managing the QA activities for the features assigned.
- Estimate the effort required to complete testing required for User stories and participate in test case reviews.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration Testing, Sanity and Smoke Testing of Unisphere web application and NaviCLI/UEMCLI.
- Developed and maintained the Test Automation Frameworks based on Java, WebDriver,TestNG, Maven, Jenkins CI.
- Responsible for developing Perl automation scripts using EMC Automatos.framework to test NaviCLI and UEMCLI commands.
- Experience in using Selenium Webdriver API (org. openqa.selenium.*), Junit API (org.junit.*) and TestNGAPI (org.testng.*, org.testng.annotations.*) to automate test cases.
- Responsible for test management activities of the project (different features of EMC products) assigned.
- Analyze and review the Test Cases and Test Scenarios suitability for Automation Testing/Regression test suite.
- Play the role of team member in a Scrum team, join daily stand up/scum meetings and participate in Release and Sprint planning meetings.
- Use Rally tool to create/update/split/close user stories, to update daily progress, to update velocity, to track feature/product burn-down chart, and to attend daily scrum meetings as part of adhering to Agile methodology processes.
- UsedAccurevas the build tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration and JIRA as a defect tracking tool.
- As part of retrospective meeting, identify and share lessons learned and best practices.
- Perform smoke testing on Continuous Integration (CI) builds from Jenkins server.
- Managing test cases and test execution results using HP ALM and team forge tools.
- Perform defect life cycle activities (opening, following up to fix, verifying and closing bugs) using BMC Remedy tool in HP ALM/Quality center.
- UsedTestNGAnnotations inSeleniumWeb Driver and executed a batch of tests asTestNGsuite.
- Interact with project stakeholders, and report weekly and monthly status to higher management.
Technologies: EMC VNX2e, VNX2, Test Complete, DevOps, Junit, TestNG, Unisphere, Java, Flex, BMC Remedy, Accurev, Perl, Agile, Rally, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web driver, Java Script, XML, CI builds, Jenkins, UNIX/LINUX, Thin Provisioning, FAST VP, REST API.
- Develop infrastructure for Automatos using Perl and for Test Complete using Java Script.
- Working in Agile environment and organizing tasks using Rally tool.
- Perl scripting to aid the automation suite in running as desired.
- Analyzing the Results after each sanity test suite run and reporting thereafter.
- Developing assertions using Automatos framework and Test Complete tool.
- Modifying the Test Complete and Perl scripts (maintenance) from time to time in order to adhere to the change in the overall functionality as well as to help running the automation suite effectively.
- Estimating the effort required based on the scope identified from Feature Functional specification document.
- Developing Test plan Document in order to organize and prioritize the tests to be carried out during execution.
- Developing assertions, based upon the test plan document, listing the steps in detail to be carried out during execution.
- Reviewing the Test Plans to ensure maximum functional coverage and add/remove test cases as required.
- Manage the application testing process using HP ALM, a web based test management tool.
- Plan, execute tests, analyze results and track defects using HP ALM.
- Reporting and escalating issues to the concerned person, resource allocation, self-check reviews etc through Issue Tracking System Tool, which is the central tool used to track a defect as soon as it is detected till it is fixed.
- Reporting overall feature status to Program management team accurately & efficiently by coordinating various test and development groups involved in a feature testing across the EMC organization.
- Using Virtual Test Suite to trigger the execution of regression tests from a remote client machine.
- This avoids the tests being getting aborted due to network congestion between the client sites and offshore.
- Co-ordinating with the Onsite and Offshore team in order to achieve better workflow.
Technologies: EMC VNX, VNXe, NeoB, BMC Remedy, eZAutomate, Unisphere, Navipshere, Unisphere CLI, NaviCLI, IO meter, Java, CLI Automation framework, HP QC, Perl, Windows, Unix, Linux, Java Script, XML, RAID Groups, LUNs, Pool Provisioning, FAST VP, FAST Cache, Compression, REST API, Junit, TestNG
Systems Test Engineer
- Understand the functionality from Feature specification documents.
- Estimate the effort required to develop test strategy document, and test plan.
- Come up with test strategy document based on functional specification.
- Develop the test cases with ensuring maximum functionality coverage.
- Send the test plan for internal review (peer), and for external review (development).
- Estimate the effort required for test execution.
- Prepare the test environment with the help of onsite coordinates and Lab man.
- Execute the test cases, and report status to the higher management on regular basis.
- Log defects using BMC Remedy tool, follow up with development team in getting the defects fixed, and re execute failed test cases.
- Identify the suitable test cases that can be automated using Perl based ‘CLI Automation’ framework.
- Estimate the effort to develop automation design document and for automating test cases.
- Develop automation design document, and develop test scripts with proper documentation.
- Unit test and debug the test scripts.
- Send test scripts for review and incorporate any comments.
- Deliver the scripts with in estimated time.
- Run the scripts as part of regression when required.
- Log defects using BMC Remedy tool, and rerun the scripts once defects are fixed.
- Interacting with the clients, reporting weekly and monthly status.
Technologies: EMC CX series, CLARiiON, BMC Remedy, eZAutomate, CLI Automation framework, HP QC, Perl, Windows, Unisphere, Navipshere, Unisphere CLI, NaviCLI, UNIX, LINUX, Pool Provisioning, Mirror View, FAST VP, FAST Cache, Domains, RAID, LUN