- Over 8+ years of IT experience in Software Testing of web based and Client - Server applications.
- Strong Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Life Cycle which includes Designing, Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process and Documentation of Test plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance using Manual and automation tools which includes Selenium RC/IDE/ QTP, Test Complete.
- Expert in developing automation testing framework usingSelenium, Test Complete.
- Extensive experience in Hadoop Architecture Design, development and writing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Hadoop cluster setup, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, Test Exit Reports and Defect Metrics in JIRA.
- Experience in developing framework for Functional Test Automation usingSelenium, Test Complete.
- Strong Experience inVB Scripting(QTP) and Descriptive Programming (QTP).
- Experience in creating the Test Scripts using QTP 11.0.
- Experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Execution.
- Proficient in black box testing, performance testing, Graphical User Interface testing (GUI), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing, Integration Testing and white box testing.
- Experience working with Eclipse IDE and Force.com Plug-in environment.
- Experience in QA & Testing tasks like bug reporting and tracking, unit testing, GUI testing, and integration testing.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest,BugZillaetc.
- Experience in database query manipulation, SQL, PL/SQL statements, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Strong expertise in lifecycle methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Spiral, Agile Models and TDD (Test Driven Development) methodology.
- Strong experience in using Java, JUnit and Test-NG test framework to write functional tests.
- Expert in performing different tests types of QA Methodologies like White Box, Black Box, Front-End and Back-End, Stress & Load, Regression, Configuration, Functional, Installation & Integration, Smoke, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using SeleniumWebDriverandJenkins.
- Hands on Experience on testing web services (SOAP, REST) using SOAP UI Tools.
- Working experience on Xpath, Firebug, Fire Path, Log4j, Maven and TEST NG annotations.
- Good experience in Requirements gathering, Business Analysis, QA, Documentation, FSD, BRD, Test Plans, Test Cases.
- Sound hands on knowledge of healthcare insurance (HIPPA) with testing EDI transactions.
- Extensively worked on Back-end testing and has very good knowledge of writing and executing SQL queries to validate the data integrity.
- Writing and executing SQL - DDL, DML statements for checking the validity and integrity of the data in various databases such as Oracle, My SQL, and Microsoft SQL Server etc. to perform back-end-Testing.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/RC/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Pro(QTP), Load Runner, JIRA, Quality Center, ALM, Clear Quest, SOAP UI.Languages C, C++, C#, Java, J2EE, J2ME, Perl, SQL, PL/SQL, JSP, VB, ASP, Web Logic,Java Script, Python, VB Script, WebSphere Application Server.
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH
Packages: MS Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access), MS Project, MS Visual Studio, Eclipse
Servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere, JBoss 4/5, Apache, Tomcat
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Hudson, Jenkins
Database: MS Access, Oracle 10g/11g
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7 and UNIX
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Creating, maintaining and improving manual and automated test plans, test cases and test suites to support various levels of testing using various types of testing tools and software languages (Test Complete 8, Visual Studio Test Tools, .NET Framework objects, T-SQL/SQL, etc.).
- Participating in regular review meetings with various project team members to ensure that quality is being maintain throughout the software development life-cycle.
- Performing regularly planned manual and automated tests that focus on; functional, performance, scalability, regression and reliability product testing that will certify the quality of clinical functionality, technical designs and product architecture.
- Tracking and analyzing defect test results that can be tracked against specific test cases and code paths in order to find failures and inconsistencies of product code prior to release.
- Participating in designing, developing and implementing automated builds and continuous integration processes during the product development and release process.
- Writing code (using C#, SQL/T-SQL, etc.) to establish and maintain test data that supports manual and automated test suites.
- Working proactively with members of teams to find and fix product defects using both manual and automated test methods.
- Producing and maintaining test coverage reports that are delivered on regular basis to management.
- Providing feedback to teams to improve product solutions, tools and technical approaches.
- Working with the management and implementation teams on the sign-off and release cycles to certify final software and documents prior to production releases.
- Design, develop and implement Page Object Model Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA/ALM.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using Test-NG prior to next quarter release.
- Used Firebug/ IE Developer Toolkit and Selenium IDE to capture and validate CSS Locators, html ids to identify elements.
- Involved in regression testing using QTP tool prior converting QTP scripts to selenium web-driver.
- Used the snooping tool to capture images and update them in the JIRA.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Implement completeQAcycle for Agile projects at all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC). andProjectManagementLife Cycle (PMLC).
- The entire scripting done usingCucumberframeworkWrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Recorded JMeter user scripts implementing parameterization both manually and by data driven wizards in JMeter.
- Used Firebug, Selenium IDE to capture and validate CSS Locators, html ids to identify Web elements.
Environment: QC/ALM, Selenium IDE, Webdriver,.Net, QTP, Java, Java Scripts, AGILE, XML Spy, SQL Server, Windows 7, MS Word, MS Excel..
Confidential, New Jersey
Sr. Quality Analyst
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases inSeleniumWebDriver using Java programming language and TestNG Framework.
- Ran the manual and automated test cases on the application, written in C# and run on the ASP.Net framework.
- Performed Data driven testing usingSeleniumWebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting.
- Used ClearCase, Subversion for code repositories and Maven for the dependencies.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Seleniumand WebDriver.
- Extensively usedSelenium(data-driven, Xpath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop theseleniumserver and to execute the tests in browser.
- Created Reusable Functions using VBScript, Implemented Regular Expression as Required in QTP.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for the application under test.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- Involved in UNIX Shell Scripts, Python, and Perl scripts.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Overall QA and release activity of WCM, an internal Web Content Management application for management of Confidential and sister websites.
- Develop and execute application software testing such as functional, integration, and regression testing to ensure the quality of WSI websites and related systems.
- Lead the local and remote QA team in Coordinating QA activities and procedures.
- Created test cases scripts and plans to support specific software testing objectives, and assist team in creation, review, and finalization of agile stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Defined and tracked quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status using JIRA defect tracking system.
- Enhanced and maintainedQTP scripts, ConfiguredShared Object Repositoriesand developedReusable Function LibrariesusingVBScript.
- Designed and automated the Web Content Management application using Selenium RC and Selenium IDE.
- Maintained the Selenium scripts for automation.
- Involved in Web Services Automation Testing.
- Performed Integration testing and End to End testing of the entire application.
- Participated in quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures, and Agile methodologies are being followed.
- Checked for Data integrity while migrating Spectra data into XML.
- Acted as an internal quality consultant to advice or influence business or technical partners.
- Developed numerousVBScriptbasedQTPscripts based off the framework for regression testing of BA Direct application. Used VBScripterror handlingmechanism and capture screen shots during run time error.
- Added new regression and functional test scripts to an existingmodularanddata drivenQTPbased test automation framework for testing the .NET based web interface of the system using.NET add-in.
- Generated Bug Reports and Test case coverage reports for status meeting and also involved in resource planning for test cases coverage.
- Executed automation test scripts developed inQTP/ UFT validated results.
- Manually tested, verified and validated that the product meets user requirements.
Confidential, Dover, NH
- Enhanced and maintainedQTP scripts, ConfiguredShared Object Repositoriesand developedReusable Function LibrariesusingVBScript.
- Developed scripts in VB to test validity of data across databases.
- Used Agile Software Development methodologies to enable efficient and effective high-quality software development.
- Performed cross browser functional testing usingSelenium Web Driver.
- Execute VB scripts using QTP to POC QTP’s ability to do backend testing directly. writing the test cases in QC &involved in preparing the test plans & test scenarios & raise the defect and entered into the defects tab and send it to the developer.
- Used share point to save test results.
- Involved in testing application on different mobile Platform such as iOS and Android devices.
- Tested embedded application software on various mobile devices, including smart phones and tablets.
- Logged in to UNIX servers to access the log files to attach the error information in the defect for the developers to better understand the defect.
- Performed themobiletesting in different platform like Android and iOS.
- Create VB functions for generic functionalities like comparing data from baseline to target line, getting two tables value same, expected value of tables same.
- Performed automation of test cases for Regression Testing using JUnit andSelenium, testing Functional, Acceptance and Limit validations.
- Test Mobile app s behavior under various interruptions: battery strength (full/medium/low), incoming calls, SMS, video calls.
- Great experience in testing web services via SOAP, using the open source testing tool Soap UI.
- Developed Test Cases using WSDL, Schema files which defines Web Service Request, Response, methods/operations, End Point of web service to be tested.
- Created module in VB to automatically generate HTML reports in a specific directory.
- Compared database extracts using excel. Program module was written in VB.
- Participated in User Acceptance testing (UAT) and involved in UA test cases, Executed test cases, Documenting Defects, Resolved defects and Signed Off from Application.
Environment: UNIX, QC 10.0, QTP 10.0, SOAPUI, HTML, XML, Java, Selenium, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2012, TOAD, SQL, PL/SQL, Clear Case, Clear Quest, UML, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Visio, MS Project.
Software Tester/ Technical Expert
- Involved in the team who drove launch of this application across the Confidential site, this includes requirement gathering from technicians which all features they want in the tool.
- Understanding the Business Requirements and analysis of the application.
- Used Web Based Change Request System for defect tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify defect fixes and updated defect status.
- Worked closely with Developers in resolving the issues and understanding the functionality.
- Re-running of the Test Scripts after deployment of each new build in the application for identification of errors, and manipulation of the script for Customization of Testing Process.
- Performed GUI Test, Smoke test, System test, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Performance test.
- Feasibility check with the resources available.
- Interacting with Developers and Business Analyst regarding requirements, test scenarios and defects.
- Performed Functional, Data Validation, Regression and Compatibility test.
- Majority of testing was done using Manual Testing. Build Test cases, input combinations and use case scenarios.
- Successfully implemented Defect Reporting and Defect Tracking using BugZilla.
- Queried the database to retrieve data on the trade details and ensured by testing that all static data existed for the trade to be correctly processed.
- Started career there as technical support technician, responsible for interacting with US based customers. Resolve their hardware and software issues over the phone.
Environment: Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005, BugZilla, Windows.
- Designed, documented operational problems by following standards and procedures using a software reporting tool JIRA.
- Review and analyze the design and implementation of software components/applications and outline the development process strategies.
- Understanding business needs, analyzing functional specifications and map those to develop and designing MapReduce programs and algorithms.
- Understanding the Scope of the project and requirement gathering.
- Used Struts JDBC to write some DAO classes to interact with the database and access account information.
- Used Tomcat web server for development purpose.
- Involved in creation of Test Cases for JUnit Testing.
- Used MySQL as Database and used Toad for queries execution.
- Involved in writing SQL scripts, PL/SQL code for procedures and functions.
- Used SVN as configuration management tool for code versioning and release.
- Developed application using Eclipse.
- Developed Controllers, Service Classes and DAO based on MVC architecture.
- Performed unit testing for all developed modules.
- Generated XMLs using DOM XML parser for data input and retrieval.
- Worked with Liquid XML and AL3 tools to validate the generated XML files data.
- Analyzed the existing SQL queries in Informatica and desigend queries to optimize the performance in the backend.
- Implemented spring modules Dependency Injection and Aspect Oriented Programming.
- Extensively used DBViz, Liquid XML and SOAP UI for testing the web services.
- Extensively used core JAVA concepts like Collections Framework.
- Used Log4J to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
Environment: Java1.5, J2EE, Struts1.x, Spring2.5 (core, MVC, JDBC), Websphere7.0, DB2, DB Visualizer, Liquid XML, Beyond Compare, Clear Case, AL3 Vertafore, Power Center Informatica, Windows XP.