- Over 7 years of IT experience as a QA Analyst/Test Engineer which includes diversified experience in Manual testing of Web, Client - server & Embedded applications and 5+ years of experience in automation testing
- CCNA and VMWARE certified Engineer.
- Experience in automation of RESTful APIs using Python
- UI Automation experience wif Silk Test and Win Runner
- Proficient in performing various types of testing - Black Box, Integration, System, Web, UI, Usability, Regression, Performance, Database testing, Browser Compatibility testing
- Strong noledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Testing Methodologies and Techniques
- Extensive experience in writing test cases, test execution, reporting and Defect tracking.
- Experience in testing Network Management Software.
- Experience in VMWare virtualization concepts
- Experience in documenting and maintaining the metrics of all phases of QA process
- Experience in estimation of test effort and coordinate test schedule wif overall project schedule.
- Extensive experience in Test coordination between the Onsite & Offshore teams
- Well experienced in Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) Preparation
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good learner and excellent team player, ability to meet tight deadlines
Automation Languages: Python, Win-Runner, Silk Test, Silk Performer.
Languages: C, Perl, XML, Java
Databases: MS-SQL, Oracle
OS: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Hypervisors: Esxi, KVM
Virtualization: VMware products.
Networking: TCP/IP Protocols, L2 Concepts, IPV4, Load Balancers, Firewalls, LDAP, AD, DNSVersion Controller SVN.
Confidential, MILPITAS, CA
Software QA Engineer
- One of the key contributors to the QA team effort for Anuta’s Orchestration product - NCX.
- Participated in design discussions of new features.
- Analyzed the functional requirements and developed test cases.
- Created many Anuta validated documents for customer specification usecases.
- Responsible for automating the test cases for CRUD Create, Read, Update and Delete operations.
- Responsible for automating functional test cases for RESTful APIs using Python.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining sanity use case suite which is run on daily basis.
- Used Eclipse IDE to create automated test cases.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Upgrade, Installation and Performance Testing.
- Responsible for testing NCX Service Orchestration usecases wif Physical and as well as Virtual network elements and validate if correct VLANs, VRFs, ACLs, MPLS L3VPN, Routes and other network commands are getting generated.
- Performed Functional testing of features like IPAM, Alarms, Edge port Security and Firewall Security features.
- Test Audit Log, Inventory Jobs, Discovery Jobs, and Resource Management for multivendor devices.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and work wif Development team in getting issues resolved wif minimum time delay.
- Managed installations, upgrades of vCenter, bare metal hypervisors (Esxi, KVM) and servers.
- Train and support offshore teams on testing multivendor devices, Virtualization concepts and testing methodologies
- Reported bugs on Redmine and tracked bug reports
- Help resolve environment deployment issues
Environment: VMWare (vCenter, Esxi, vSwitch), Eclispse IDE, Redmine, Jenkins, Postgress, Oracle DB, Java, XML.
Confidential, Milpitas CA
- Worked throughout the complete lifecycle of each of the above products from design to inception.
- Analyzed Business Requirements, SRS, and Documented Functional Requirements
- Involved in developing test case inventory, Test Plan and detailed Test Cases for Manual Testing.
- Reviewed the Test documents for completeness, functionality wif Development, Applications and Marketing.
- Participate in SRS and SDD reviews to get a better understanding of the feature being implemented and the impact of the existing features coz of the new changes.
- Actively participated in creating requirements traceability matrices.
- Responsible for performing all phases of Quality Assurance software testing during development and prior to the application being launched and continuing during the product life cycle.
- After initial manual testing, developed Test Scripts for Regression Testing in Win Runner.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Factory Automation Testing for Wafer Inspection tools.
- Generated Bug Charts and the defects trends for upper management review to project the SQC opinion at each phase exit.
- Held and participate weekly Software Change Control Board meetings to list and disposition bugs for the previous week to proper assignment.
- Worked wif other groups like Applications, Characterization to identity/resolve software/program issues.
Environment: Win Runner, TSL, and Window Server, SECSIMPRO, CSS Envoy.
Confidential, Palo Alto CA
Web Developer/QA Engineer
- Coordinated wif teams like business team, brokers external customers involved in the interfacing of the application and reviewed the documents like Test Plan and Test Scripts developed by the Team.
- Conducted Functional, System, Integration, Regression, Performance and Smoke Tests of the Web Application.
- Escalated the critical problems / issues during testing and reported them.
- Conducted the performance Transaction testing for Back end.
- Performed screen Navigation Test to ensure that the links are established as per the documentation provided
- Developed the automated scripts using Silk Test for regression and Silk Performer for Performance testing.
Environment: Java, HTML, XML, JDBC, Oracle, Silk Test, Silk Performer, Window NT, Netscape, MAC
Software QA Engineer/Developer
- Designed user interface prototypes.
- Created various modules for Inserting, Updating and Deleting of the data
- Involved in Database Design & Implementation of the system.
- Responsible for creating various SQL commands to get the data as needed.
- Developed stored procedures for getting data from different sources.
- Responsible for Functional and unit testing of the application
Environment: Windows 98/NT, Java, SQL Server