- 11 years of experience in software quality assurance (QA) and software testing; specialized in Manual and Automated Testing client - server, desktop and web-based application on various platform and industries.
- Four plus years’ experience as a QA instructor. Hands on experience in 21CFR part 11, Verification, Validation, System Analysis, QA Processes, Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and software Test Methodologies.
- Extensive experience in creating and executing of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, Test data, Test log, Test Summary Report and bug documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software development methodologies and Software Test Methodologies.
- Worked on multiple Government projects and cleared Back Ground Investigation by Federal Government for Public Trust Positions.
- Gave estimates for testing Source Change Requests and Change Control Requests for the upper management before Change Control Board meetings
- Experience in analysis of system requirement specification, functional specifications and design documentation.
- Experience in testing reports built in MicroStrategy.
- Expert in Writing, Executing, and Maintaining Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Cases and Test Scenarios.
- Expertise in problem solving and bug tracking reports using Bug Tracking toolsQuality Center, and Test Director.
- Proficient knowledge of FDA regulations like 21CFRpart11 (Electronic record and Electronic Signature, Check corrupted data, human readable representation, maintenance of electronic records, restricted access, significance of Validation and consequences of falsification.)
- Solid experience in Smoke, GUI, System testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, Performance testing, Stress testing, Backend testing, Sanity testing, and Regression Testing.
- Hands on experience in Tracking and Reporting of defects using Defect Tracking Tools such as, JIRA, HP Mercury Quality Center, and ALM.
- Knowledge of Capability of Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) levels.
- Experienced in maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Increased testing coverage by encouraging and rewarding cross-training of team members on the various areas under test resulting in more “smart” testing and increasing the number of problems found prior to first customer exposure.
- Experienced in developing and implementing comprehensive SDLC and test methodologies department wide and companywide.
- Experienced in tracking and logging Defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps.
- Expert in analyzing Business Requirements, Functional specifications, Design Documents and other Test Procedural documents for UAT testing.
- Experienced in tracking and logging Defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps.
- Extensive experience writing Test Analyzing Report (TAR).
- Ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical and end clients.
- Performed structured walkthroughs, Peer Reviews meeting, and testing to carry out verification and validation process.
- Performed back-end and integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end and raw feed by developing and executed complex SQL queries.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in Test Execution and Test Result Analysis.
- Self-starter, team player working on fast-faced development environments committed to the deliverables.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
- Possess strong communication, presentation, problem solving and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized, attention to detail, multi-focused and ability to meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
Version Control Tools: Visual Source Safe
Software Testing Tools: HP Quick Test professional, Quality Center, Test Director and Load Runner, Selenium, SOAP UI, JIRA, Clear Case, Clear Quest, DOORS.
Languages: VB, SQL, XML
Defect Tacking Tools: Quality Center and Test Director, JIRA, OTM, Celoxis, ALM
Operating System: Windows XP, VISTA, UNIX
RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS-Access
Application servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere
Confidential, Fair Lakes, VA
- Coordinated tasks between government personnel and contractors, while maintaining rigid scheduling to deliver new systems and enhanced functionality in mandated timeframes
- Utilize agile software methodology (Scrumban) to integrate VA automated services with custom veteran facing applications specifically for Veterans Relationship Management (VRM) Web Self Service
- Member of corporate SDLC User Group Committee responsible for Testing & Quality Assurance.
- From the detailed use cases, Wireframes, create manual test cases for an SIID application. Develop spreadsheet-based test case execution matrix. Report, track and verify defects using JIRA.
- Manage and produce deliverable and milestone tracking and reporting, and ensure that the project plan and deliverable/milestone tracking data is maintained in line with the actual state of deliverables at least weekly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a track record of motivating and developing team leaders and team players. Experienced using on-shore, off-shore, and mixed teams.
- Works closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to ensure that environments are set up and ready for test execution
- Overall responsibility for multiple test phases.
- Under very aggressive deadlines (three months from start of development until Beta), designed, developed, and executed comprehensive test plans for functional and system testing.
- Lead daily status meetings and capture, manage, and follow-up daily action items.
- Interfaced with multiple application development groups, test groups, and project managers.
- In conjunction with the Development Manager & Account Managers, review, refine, and implement changes to the Software Development Life Cycle practices to improve quality and timeliness.
- Ensure the deliverables are completed on time and in accordance with documented processes, expectations and standards
- Presented testing status to internal and external audiences.
- Responsible for end to end project testing effort, reporting and escalation.
- Direct overall Quality Assurance test strategy and standardization of documentation to QA Testers and application release teams.
- Identify and communicate issues in a timely manner.
- Manage technical writing staff including adherence to standards, scheduling workload, and assignment of other project (non-deliverable) writing support as time is available
- Introduced and expanded the use of test management and test execution tools to improve tester efficiency, reliability, and repeatability
- Performed demos and orientation for projects.
- Prepared Integration Test Plan, Master Test plan, Regression Test Plan, User Acceptance Test Plan, Performance Test Plan, Integration Test Results, Regression Test Results, User Acceptance Test Results, Performance Test Results, RTM, Test Cases, Site Performance Test Report.
- Scheduled and prepared Integration Test Readiness Review,
- Analyze and create test strategy, test plan and test cases to perform unit and integration testing with sales force.
- Coordinate and participate in review of project deliverables prior to submission to the client, and with the client once submitted
- In conjunction with the Program Manager, designed, implemented and successfully managed a formal development and test process that has since been adopted across the organization.
- Scheduled and co-ordinate UAT kick off’s.
- Obtain signoffs for deliverables/Releases and milestones in accordance with the project schedule and provide forecasting and supporting documentation to support invoicing and project financials
- Collaborate with deliverable/artifact owners and authors on delivery schedule, expectation setting, management of client review comments, and completion of revisions
- Re-energized a team of Testers who had become demotivated due to a lack of leadership by establishing open and frequent communication with respect to goals and accountability, regular team building activities, knowledge sharing sessions, and personal attention to career objectives resulting in an increase in morale, full retention, and improved productivity
- Scheduled and coordinated IV&V testing.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Senior Software Tester
- Led a QA team of 7 persons, including mentoring, managing workload priorities, measuring staff performance and promoting professional development. Maintained the Test Lab of 9 computers. QA point of contact for the company leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Created templates for Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Case, Defect Report, Periodic and End of Project Reports. Created examples and instructions to accompany each template
- Owned test plans and documentation that communicates the standards and procedures of QA teams.
- Chaired scrum/defect review meetings with project team stakeholders to discuss issue found during testing and their current statuses.
- Strong management and leadership for direct reports with capacity to mentor and coach QA staff.
- Implement, gather, and report team and project metrics which demonstrate business value and showing continuous improvement in an agile environment.
- Accountable for the quality of test services during all stages of SDLC.
- Responsible for creation, review and signoff of project Test Strategy and Plan and Test Reports
- Managed setup and maintenance of test environments.
- Developed and implemented Test Plans adjusting test strategy to the requirements of the particular product release.
- Maintained Traceability matrix and manual tests in Test Director/QC.
- Interacted with BA for gathering requirements.
- Supported customers in troubleshooting exercises.
- Directed the employees to ensure highest standard of quality so that the organization meets both internal and external requirements.
- Managed onsite and offshore QA automation teams.
- Project lead responsible for creating test cases for all Legal and Compliance software and systems, including budgetary responsibility, hiring and staff supervision.
- Coordinated execution of GUI, functional, integration, system, usability, installation, upgrade, documentation, stress, load, performance, recovery, end-to-end, UAT, and regression tests.
- Defined automation test objectives, strategies, standards and metrics.
- Worked in coordination with other departments in implementing the quality standards and benchmarks.
- Analyzed system impact during design reviews with development and business analysts.
- Facilitated technical input and growth opportunities for further automation improvement.
- Directed set up of test environment, automated test execution, bug contribution and reporting for every product release.
- Tracked and analyzed test results, team productivity and took corrective action.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to rapidly assess a technical or business situation and recommend solutions or opinions to Senior Management.
- Acted as a focal point and leader to all quality related programs - Directed QA activities to ensure maximum quality and effectiveness.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Reviewed and Analyzed Business Requirement Document -- BRD and created detailed test scenarios to validate the application functionality.
- Drafted detailed Test Plan to drive the entire testing process and guided the entire team to meet the schedules.
- Designed detailed test cases to validate the application functionality and reviewed the same.
- Performed Validation Testing on the application in accordance with 21CFRpart11.
- Tested the entire application and performed various tests like Positive & Negative, Business Functionality, Integration, and Regression, End to End and also supported User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Used Quality Center for Defect Reporting and Tracking and also for managing the entire test documentation like Requirements Management, Test Case Designing, and Test Execution & Generation of the required reports.
- Participated in weekly status meetings and interacted with the developer team to discuss technical issues.
- Tested the remote banking functionality that includes, capturing the Images of the checks to be deposited, and validating the end to end functionality on mobiles.
- Attended and organized various meeting like, Requirement Review, Defects Triage, Go no Go meetings and effectively contributed for successful application delivery within the deadlines.
- Created automated functional regression test scripts using QTP and scheduled, organized and executed the test scripts in integrate environment and documented the test results.
- Used Quality Center extensively for writing test cases, Execution of test cases, maintenance of test results, defect reporting & Tracking and also for generating detailed test reports.
- Integrated Quality Center with Ms-Office and managed the entire test documentation like Test Cases, Test Execution Results, Defect Reports and Test Status Reports.
- Validated the online application's compatibility on mobile devices like iphone, ipad & other PDA's. Tested App downloads installation, accessibility, navigation, functionality, convenience and end-to-end functionality of the application.
- Performed Defect Tracking and Change Control Procedures usingRational Clear Questand Configuration Managementand Version Control using Rational Clear Case.
- Working with various investment products testing actively participated in stress testing of Credit Risk based on Market Events, Historical Analysis, Macroeconomic scenarios and Event Driven scenarios.
- Testing the applications integration with third party software for dynamic data was an additional responsibility.
- Actively involved in writing comprehensive test scenarios for Risk Management testing, Portfolio setup, Allocation, compliance and regulatory issues and data security.
- Created automated regression test scripts using Quick Test Professional and managed the test beds using Quick Test Professional.
- Coordinated the offshore team efforts and updated the QA manager with the progress from time to time.
Environment: QuickTest Pro, Quality Center, HTML, Oracle, Microsoft Office, SQL Server, UNIX, Clear Case, Clear Quest
Confidential, Washington, DC
Software Test Analyst
- Coordinated with source system owners, day-to-day ETL progress monitoring, Data warehouse target schema Design (Star Schema) and maintenance.
- Worked with Business Analysts and the DBA for requirements gathering, business analysis and designing of the data warehouse.
- Analyzed business process workflows and assisted in the development of ETL procedures for moving data from source to target systems.
- Performed extensive bulk loading into the target using Oracle SQL Loader.
- Assisted the team in the development of design standards and codes for effective ETL procedure development and implementation.
- Used Beyond and Compare for data mapping.
- Worked with database connections, SQL joins aggregate conditions.
- Participated in system analysis and data modeling, which included creating tables, views, indexes, synonyms, triggers, functions, procedures, cursors and packages.
- Developed PL/SQL scripts to validate and load data into interface tables (TOAD). The backend was in Oracle and database operations were handled using stored procedures.
- Extensively work on powerful capabilities of DOORS for capturing, linking, analyzing, and managing changes to requirements and their traceability
- Worked on all phases of multiple projects from initial concept through research and development, implementation, QA, to live production, by strict adherence to project timelines.
- Performed extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings and sessions.
- Created QA project plan, identify tasks and assign resources for individual project.
- Created testing documentation as needed such as Test Plan/ Test Strategy and how to setup manual or automated test cases.
- Involved in developing Project Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Participated in reviews and walkthrough.
- Performed system testing, functional testing, GUI testing, UAT testing regression testing and ADHOC testing.
- Strong experience in debugging and troubleshooting various applications running in Production and Test environment.
- Experience includes Client Interaction and 3rd party vendors to understand network or system issue. Working with the development team to resolve issues. Implement fixes delivered by development team and retest the issue to ensure the problem is resolved.
- Ensured client satisfaction meets or exceeds established goals, investigated and responded to any customer complaints regarding quality.
- Possessed understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and strong interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to work individually and with a cross functional team.
- Participated in setting up the test environment, building and pushing all the application code to the test environment Created start/stop scripts for application server.
- Updated the managers with day to day testing status.
- Used Quality center for all testing purpose.
- Designed and managed the execution of Test Cases for the multitier trading application. Involved in writing Test Cases and participated in weekly walk through meetings to discuss the status of the project
Environment: Quality Center, HTML, Oracle, Toad, Beyond and compare, DOORS, Microsoft Office, SQL Server, UNIX
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Software Test Analyst
- Involving in reviewing and analyzing the business requirements, functional requirements and software design document.
- Analyzed& Designed Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on Business requirements, technical specifications, and Use Cases.
- Analyzing test results to ensure existing functionality and recommending corrective action.
- Creating Test Scenarios with Negative and Positive Scenarios for all functionalities
- Creating Test Data and performing Functional Testing, Regression testing, End-to-End Testing.
- Participating in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Documenting procedures and guiding the users in verifying various transactions on the System.
- Creating Regression Test Suites for every Release
- Creating Traceability Matrix between Requirements and Test Cases.
- Creating Separate Test Sets for the Each Release Under Test Lab in Mercury Quality Center
- Involving in changing the Test cases for regression testing according to the new functionality of the application and executing them.
- Involving in Business Requirements, Design and Testing Review Meetings.
- Created test bed in order to accomplish testing efforts
- Mentored test team members in a multi-cultural environment.
- Executed of end-to-end testing to evaluate system testing of the application
- Coordinating testing efforts with teammates and User Acceptance Test (UAT) with business users as well.
- Developed and enhanced automated script using QuickTest Regression testing
- Organized weekly meetings to discuss the issues about the project.
- Gathered test requirements by coordinating with design and development teams
- Developed detailed test cases basing on use cases, requirements
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure that all the requirements are met for the sprints
- Used Quality Center to track and repot defects.
- Worked closely with all the business as well as technology stakeholders to analyze complex business processes
- Mentored test junior test engineers.
- Involved in preparation of the test data required for executing test cases.
- Performed Data Driven Testing using QTP
- Managed the testing process, logged and tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Attended the weekly status meetings and create notes for meeting-minutes.
Environment: VB, Test Director, Oracle, SQL Server, UNIX, Windows 98/NT
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes