Scripting languages: Korn, bash, PL/SQL, T- SQL,DOS,awk,sed, Node.js, express,jade
Mobile Apps: iOS and android mobile device testing
Operating Systems: iOS, Android,, Linux (32/64), Windows (32/64)
Communications protocols: TCP/IP, AppleTalk, DECnet, HTTP, SOAP
Java: J2EE, XML, JMS, Servlets, JSPs, EJBs, UML, VXML 2.0, XML,SOA,Hibernate
WEB Servers: Tomcat 5.0, Apache, WAS 6.0, GlassFish
Databases: Oracle 11.0, Confidential 11.5, postgreSQL, Mysql 5.0, DB2, SQL Server, MongoDB
Performance tests: HPC (High Performance Computing) knowledge
Code management: cvs, Perforce, Git
Tools: uiautomatorviewer, Selenium, Eclipse, Visual Studio C++, JUnit, Xcode, Android Studio, Appium, XCTest
Senior Quality Engineer
- Wrote and ran tests in Swift to automate iOS Confidential Apps for Confidential Key App project. Used git as the repository and CR tool for code review.
- Wrote and ran tests in Selenium and Appium libs to automate tests for iOS and Android platforms for Confidential Key App project.
- Tested smart cars and smart locks with the Confidential Key Apps. Wrote AWS back-end tests to communicate with the smart cars and smart locks. Worked with AWS lambda functions to run some tests.
- The app state resided in Redshift database. To test the integrity of the setup, wrote tests in SQL to verify that the setup was correct. Also debugged errors this way.
- Managed a team of 10 engineers overseas to run regression tests for release of the Confidential apps and provided them the daily task list. Communicated with them daily to make them understand the task.
- Trained and managed another team of 5 engineers in Portland Oregon to run regression tests on the Confidential Key apps.
- Attended all meetings to provide feedback to the development and management teams to track quality work done on a daily basis. Provided daily bug reports and test run reports to the other teams. Also gave feedback about software and hardware issues.
- Tested voice based Alexa software with the Confidential Key Skills and made sure that the smart locks responded to voice commands.
- Worked with the Confidential Security cameras ( Confidential Pie cameras and Blink cameras) to do their sanity testing for hardware compatibility with the apps. Upgraded firmware on these hardware platforms.
- Entered bugs in Jira and tracked/updated them as required.
- Wrote training and information guides for other engineers to follow on Confidential ’s wiki pages.
- Tested REST APIs for backend testing of remote calls to smart cars and smart locks.
- Wrote test plans for feature testing and regression testing of the software releases.
Tutor for Computer Engr subjects
- Tutored students in programming languages like C/C++, Java and Front End technologies.
- Tutored engineers from software companies in programming.
- Tutored students in software test harness designs and in software testing.
Member of Technical Staff
- Wrote applications in objective-C and android (Java) to test software for mobile devices for both android and iOS applications.
- Created tcpdump files and used Wireshark to debug TCP/IP communication between handsets and servers.
- Wrote python tests to run wireshark commands on the tcpdump files to figure out TCP/IP port reuse and warm connections between client and server.
- Tested http and https downloads of images and data and measured their acceleration through our SDK.
- Wrote Python tests to start up apps on the android and iOS devices and communicate with the server software.
- Used git to push code to git repository and to clone and pull code from the git repositories.
- Used Android studio and Xcode IDEs to write code and debug code on mobile devices.
- Tested Confidential ’s website for correctness and for downloading the SDK for accelerating software on the client handsets.
- Integrated the SDK with test apps to verify SDK integration.
- Used Jira to log bugs and to update tasks assigned to me.
Senior Quality Engineer
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Test textual content in databases using Sphinx software package. Compared Sphinx based textual searches with common token based database text searches.
- Test client DVR software to evaluate end-to-end video content delivery to clients.
- Write test plans for software features, writing new tests as perl scripts, executing regression testing to evaluate software releases and entering bugs found during testing.
- Write tests for the replication within cluster servers and used the flipper package for flipping the cluster server IPs. Testing software programs for server load balancing and high availability.
- Test streaming video content via mobile devices.
- Wrote API tests in Java/JUnit and also wrote SQL scripts to very server query results.
- Wrote tests calling Confidential specific APIs for testing Confidential server functionality.
- Wrote some selenium tests in Java to verify the video assets shown on the DVR monitor screen.
- Worked with both CentOS linux and windows OS. Also used the iOS system to test mobile devices.
Saama Quality Assurance
Confidential, San Bruno, CA
- Documented and exercised tests for the Ad Server for a video on demand product. This server utilizes web based services.
- Tested the software on the Set Top Box (running stripped-down Linux variant) which is written in C/C++ and debugged the server running on the box. Also debugged networked services providing the services. Documented for the first time the procedures to setup and test the Set Top Boxes.
- Tested APIs and debugged the Ad server on a Linux server written in Java and wrote tests in XML to verify the working of this server through the SoapUI tool.
- Studied the database schema for the video on demand services and wrote complicated SQL tests to verify the data in tables populated in many databases on a MySQL database. These databases were located in various time zones.
- Used Selenium Remote Control (RC) to test the client UI in java.
- Entered bugs in the Bugzilla tool to track defects.
- Worked with Linux and Windows software.
Confidential, Menlo Park, CA
- Setup the code for the voice applications on servers before starting to test them.
- Through voice called such applications and verified the voice experience. Looked at call flow diagrams to verify call flow through VXML code.
- Tested the variables set in database backend to see that they are correct. Verified these variables through IVR and followed them in the VXML code. Database engines were MySQL and Oracle.
- Debugged errors in the application through looking at VXML code and entered bugs inbuglog.
- Spoofed phone numbers and called applications after deploying them online and looked at customer calls to gather statistics data. Used the data to point out application optimizations.
- Wrote and ran scripts in Perl to test XML data.
- Sat in architectural and schedule meetings.
- Critiqued and discussed software design and issues.
- Wrote test plans and Java/JUnit tests for the applications I was responsible for. Used cvs as code repository.
- Wrote API tests for Confidential voice server (Panda voice recognition engine).
- Worked with Linux and Windows operating systems.
Senior Software QA Engineer
Confidential, San Bruno, CA
- Wrote tests in PL/SQL, T-SQL, Perl DB, C++, JDBC, Static and Dynamic SQL to test databases
- Tested databases Oracle, MySQL, Confidential, Informix, Confidential etc.
- Enhanced automation harness (written in shell scripting, Perl and MKS Toolkit scripts).
- Wrote and tested scripts for software package generation and install testing of those packages on client platforms.
- Wrote test plans, feature documents and reviewed all engineering documents and specifications.
- Attended all architectural and design meetings for software design.
- Experienced working on Windows NT, Windows XP 32/64 bits, Linux 32/64 bits and Solaris systems.
- Wrote API tests for Confidential server.
- Tested in all flavors of Linux and Windows operating systems.
Senior QA Engineer
Confidential, San Bruno, CA
- Performed white and black box testing of the voice applications. Installed the applications on different Confidential Platforms and tested the applications for conformance and correctness.
- Wrote VXML applications for the GVP voice recognition systems and for the NVP systems.
- Wrote voice grammar for the applications and tested it by running the applications on different voice platforms.
- Used java apps and Tomcat app server to test applications.
- Wrote single threaded and multi-threaded java programs to parse XML files.
- Wrote Java/JUnit tests to test software in Linux and windows OSes.
- Wrote SQL scripts to verify MySQL database for the application setup.
- Participated in the initial feature Design of the iPlanet Message Queue (JMS) Java product and attended technical and managerial meetings. Wrote test specifications, test plans and setup QA websites.
- I wrote tests for the iPlanet Message Queue APIs in Java.
- Performance tested iMQ server with multiple connections and huge client loads on Sun Enterprise Solaris machines. Used Sun's Tonga harness to test JMS with tests written in Java language.
- Ported tests to other platforms and ran the regression cycles on Win NT, Win 2000, Linux and Solaris systems.
- Tested third-party software test tools for the QA group to use. Tested conformance of iMQ with the iPlanet products e.g. LDAP server and iWS server.
- Participated in the Design of the Transparent Persistent project. Wrote the test systems for Transparent Persistence Testing on various client/server platforms. Planned for maximum automation.
- Wrote white-box java tests to flush out concurrency errors and other problems in managed transactions.
- Managed global teams of QA engineers reporting to me. Applied various approaches to test the GUI interface of the Transparent Persistence project (a plug-in in NetBeans java IDE).
- Wrote JDBC client side tests for the product. Databases used were Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Managed a group of test engineers for testing java based products. Managed testing of f77, f90 and f95. Fortran compilers. Was QA manager for testing BART, Zephyr and TAZ software compilers and tools for the Sun workshop project. Managed testing of Solaris OS ported onto Merced chips (Intel chips). Managed performance testing of the Fortran compilers and ran all the important leading industry benchmarks.
- Tested the Sun C/C++ and Fortran compilers for Y2K compliance by writing API tests.
Project Lead/Software Engineering Manager
Confidential, Emeryville, CA
- Wrote tests in TCL/TK scripts and T-SQL to test the SQL server. Tested the backup server and the replication server engines as well. Wrote embedded and dynamic SQL tests in C.
- Wrote a graphical utility in TCL/TK as a frontend to the bug tracking system.
- Once promoted, managed the group of application programmers doing stress and load testing of the SQL Server.
- Supervised and worked hands-on with group that tested QL server 11.0, 11.1 and 11.5 with excellent quality.
- For automation purposes, Confidential had built a 10 million dollar harness based on Tcl/TK called "QUASR" and I used it to run our tests automatically. Tests were all written in Tcl at the TDS binary stream level.
- Tested SQL server APIs writing tests in C and T SQL scripts
- Managed 22 people in QA.