- Strong knowledge in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), QA Methodologies (Water Fall, Spiral, V - Model, Agile, Iterative, Incremental).
- Proficient in formulating Test Procedures, Test plans, Test scripts, test result validation derived from analyzing the Business Requirements, Software Requirement Specifications.
- Very strong experience in Mobile and Manual testing. Expertise with tools like HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM), HP Quality Center, Device Anywhere.
- Experienced implementation with Agile Product Lifecycle Management(PLM) and waterfall software development methodologies Scrum, TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Expertise in mobile application testing for mobile apps including Blackberry, iOS, iPad and Android devices.
- Application validation using simulators and emulators with real time devices like iPad, iPhone and Blackberry.
- Very strong experience in implementation and maintenance of Quality Engineering Processes.
- Well experienced in testing applications for validating data integrity based on web services and REST applications using SOAP UI and Postman client.
- Expertise in User acceptance testing and regression testing in Client-Server and Web-based applications.
- Strong Skills in using Integration, Functionality, Regression, Performance, Stress Web, GUI, database testing.
- Good experience in Accessibility testing for testing application from different roles to test the access for different kinds of users for different modules/links in the application.
- Experience with manual and automated testing of client/server, web based, mobile (native apps and mobile web) and cloud based applications in different environments and platforms. Also, involved in Omniture testing along with generic functional testing like smoke and regression testing.
- Worked on Security testing in multiple banking projects which involves testing of login page for user experience to include gatekeeper check as per the security standards and per compliance.
- Proficient in analyzing business, technical requirements to design Test Strategies, Test Plan and execute Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test scripts at service level, functional, SIT, regression, automation, performance, end-to-end and UAT of complex applications in large projects and Programs.
- Verification of data using SQL queries by performing back-end testing.
- Taking lead in setting up the test environment and creating test data as per the requirement.
- Cross-project collaboration experience with developers and testers and experienced Lead Tester to coordinate and maintain collaboration with team members to ensure enhancement of software quality.
- Excellent leadership skills in managing QA team, analyzing diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail ensuring efficient test coverage
- A dedicated Team leader, Team Player and goal-oriented professional with excellent Verbal and written communication skills, organizational and interpersonal Skills.
- Functional, integration & system testing
- Mobile testing
- Test plans, cases, processes & functional requirements
- Scripting & documentation
- Performance & UAT testing
- UI & compatibility testing
- Ad Hoc & regression testing
- Performance/load/stress testing
- Testing automation
- Defect tracking tools
- Client server/Web environments
- Web services integration testing
- Develop test plans in coordination with product development and create test cases based on the requirements.
- Create use cases, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects.
- Implement testing plans and test cases and present testing results.
- Performed several types of testing like smoke, functional, system integration, black box, positive, negative and regression testing.
- Validation included creating test strategies and test plans, functional testing of site page behavior against initial wire frames and designs.
- Performed Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool by adding assertions to validate the XMLs for data integrity in Web services SOAP services.
- Collaborate with System Architect, Software Engineers and Product Management to identify and prioritize areas requiring testing as well as areas requiring design review.
- Testing is performed on different combinations of operating systems and browsers both on mobile and web based devices including link validation and required page rendering.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) manually and developed Test Matrix to give a better view of testing effort.
- Responsible for writing Test Cases, Test Plans, Test scripts and other test documents based on business requirement.
- Followed agile methodology for the project and attended daily scrum meetings to discuss on day to day activities and issues.
- Responsible for developing detailed SIT and UAT test plans, conditions, scenarios, cases and related data and participated in SIT and UAT planning and execution activities for business requirements.
- Coordinate with the offshore testing team and help resolving the issues that occurs and making the smooth execution of the testing activities at offshore.
- Test Execution is done using Firefox user agents, IOS simulators, Android emulators, some handheld devices and Device Anywhere Tool.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements to create detailed test cases and uploading test cases into Quality center. Ability to map test cases to business requirements and perform high end regression testing.
- Participated in weekly test planning, project status meetings and reviews and reported Day-to-Day Reportsand Testing Documentation in test environments.
- Participated in walkthroughs of requirements, specifications, database designs and test strategies.
- Mentoring a team of testers on several projects and working closely with the end users during UAT Testing.
- Recognize scope limitations and raise potential scope issues while designing the best system approach.
- Tested the user interface and constantly redesigned the system to increase its user friendliness for the clients.
Senior Test engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Technical and Functional Documents and prepared test cases. Importing and maintaining test procedures into DOORS.
- Develop test strategies, plans, schedules and cases utilizing product knowledge and coordination with technical analysts.
- Execute test cases and create defect reports using industry standard reporting techniques
- Developed test case suites based on project documentation, communication with clients and feedback from test groups
- Responsible for complete testing activities, test plan, test cases, test scripts, test reports, defect management.
- Coordinate project testing, often including testing between multiple test teams
- Involved in all phases of testing (Requirements gathering, Test Case Design, Test data Creation, Test Execution, Results Reporting and Status Reporting).
- Execution of System Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Performance and Load Testing and result analysis
- Responsible for the Release testing, that is the last phase of testing before pushing the changes into production
- Created high level strategy documentation and detailed test documents.
- Performed execution of test cases manually to verify expected results.
- Documented risks, impacts, replication procedures, availability, enhancements and stability concerns from root cause analysis; provided detailed solutions to resolve these issues.
- Participated in daily status call with client and coordinating on status and work.
- Responsible for overseeing the Quality procedures related to the project and preparation of MPTT (Metrics Planning and Tracking Tool).