- More than 10 years of experience in a broad range of Test software/Diagnostics/Firmware /Test Engineering - related positions, with extensive and varied knowledge and experience
Sr. Test Software Engineer, Software Developer
- Developed test process and provided global/high performance test solutions to bring up of the boards/systems New Product Introduction NPI and sustained products after NPI, to automate the manual test process, to meet Oracle (Test Data Management System) test data processing compliance, to deploy the test equipments /infrastructure, to perform test process audit at external manufacturing, to transfer product from one EM to other EM and to test consultancy to product groups in the external manufacturing environment for Oracle Server(X86/Sparc)/Storage Jbod product lines (Aurigi, Turgo, Waspplus, Comet, X4-4, X4-4 VLE, X5-4, X5-4 Exalystics, X6-4 Exalystics, X5-8 and RiverWalk2). Improved manufactures producing products significantly.
- Developed process for assessment of manufacturing new diagnostics/firmware/ILOM/OS/third party utilities, a manual test sequencing process and an automated test process including test plan development, implementation of test hardware instrumentation, test scripting, test execution, automation testing, problem analysis and resolving the test qualification issues with these internal/external groups to improved test efficiency, test effectiveness, product quality and reduced quality issues significantly.
- Developed tools to automate the complicating manual process, to use Java Netbeans, to create a BOM(Oracle Bills of material), which was improving the BOM creation for ATS+ test profile in the Labs and the tool to use Shell script to create a VTS(Oracle Validation Test Suite) secondary release package bundle file, which was using for running VTS in the ATS+ manufacturing environment. These tools that were increased the efficiency of the test process significantly.
Sr. Test Development Engineer, Sr. Systems Engineer
- Developed test process to bring up the boards/systems in New Product Introduction NPI, to automate the manual test process, to meet Flex (Flex Flow)/ Confidential (Test Data Management System) test data processing compliance and to deploy the test equipments in the manufacturing environment for Confidential Microsystems Infinite Band Switches Magnum product lines (M1, M24 and InfiniBand Network Express Module IBnem).
- Improved Manufactures producing products significantly.
- Developed low-level hardware drivers, auto test and offline diagnostics to verify the functions of the new switch chipset/component devices for Hardware Engineering, to bring up the new features of the boards/platforms for new products, to maintain the regression test system and to test the Linecard/Supervisor boards in the manufacturing environment for CISCO Cat6K switches and future products in chipset/board/system levels effectively.
- Developed 6513E switch chassis offline diagnostics that tested 13E chassis in Backplane, Clock, Fantray, Power Supply and SPROM areas for using the new product introduction in the manufacturing environment. This chassis became the most powerful next generation chassis in the company and would be increased the market share significantly.
Sr. Test Development Engineer, Sr. Diagnostic Engineer
- Developed test process for assessment of manufacturing deployed diagnostics, a manual process and an automated process including test plan development, implementation of diagnostic instrumentation, test scripting, test execution, automation testing, data collection, insertion/extraction MySQL database, data analyzing, results reporting and problem analysis on a GUI/web-based Confidential network system: This Interactive Diagnostic Evaluation Tool improved test efficiency, test effectiveness, product quality and reduced quality issues significantly.
- Enhanced a new revised Confidential Validation Test Suite iutest of cpu diagnostic to strengthen the test with the VTS diagnostic development environment, and ensured final testing and deployment. This code was completed and integrated into the SunVTS5.1ps6, which was released on schedule and effectively reduced major CPU failures.
- Developed Diagnostic Revision Status Report and Confidential Validation Test Suite Package Report. These automated reports allowed the extraction of the diagnostic data for SQL database from the system log files, and the subsequent correlation with the diagnostic data from the SunVTS release tree. These included the generation of a score based on predetermined criteria for problem analysis and test deployed management. Improved the use of ineffective diagnostic issues by 90%.
- Developed test systems, test software OS, and Scripts (LabWindows/CVI, Shells, Expect/Tcl and Perl) delivering a workable solution to implement the board function test from the beginning: to validate new firmware and overcome hurdles, to improve new test sequence and features, to enhance the test process, to log test results in database automatically, to handle the test equipment bring up on time for External Manufactures producing Confidential server products and to reduce board level failures by 90%. Received the Serengeti Ramp to Volume Excellence Award.