- 5+ years of IT experience in Software Development Life cycle (SDLC and STLC) which includes Requirement gathering, analysis, design, build, testing and deploying application.
- Expertise in testing Data Warehouse ETL and Reporting tools with extensive knowledge in ETL and OLAP/OLTP processes.
- Extensive Experience in testing End to End Data Warehousing/ Business Intelligence solutions for Healthcare, Retail, Financial domains.
- Expertise in testing with relational data bases such as Oracle, Teradata and SQL server, DB2 and Netezza.
- Strong experience in ETL Testing using Informatica and BI Testing using MSTR, Cognos and Cognos TM1.
- Good exposure to Testing, Debugging, Implementation, Documentation and Production support.
- Well versed in GUI application testing, Database testing, smoke testing, system testing and Front - end testing.
- Experience in testing the Historical and Incremental data.
- Expert in using the Agile/Scrum and Waterfall testing lifecycle Methodologies
- Expert in analyzing the root cause of the failed test case and provide the related data samples to the developers.
- Experienced in developing and Executing Test Scenarios, and Test Cases/Script.
- Expert in reviewing/reporting, tracking, & maintaining Defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps using TFS, ALM/Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA, and RALLY.
- Hands on experience in Report building (Crosstab, List) using Report Studio and Analysis Studio.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills with clear understanding of business processes and ability to work as part of team or individually.
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.1,9.5
BI/Reporting Tools: Cognos10.1, TM1, MSTR
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/2000, UNIX/LINUX
Programming Languages: SQL, PL SQL
RDBMS/ Database: Oracle 12c/11g, Teradata 15.0(Teradata SQL Assistant), SQL Server 2008/2005, DB2, Netezza
Bug Tracking Tools: BugZilla, Rally, Jira
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM, IBM Clear Quest 9.0, TFS and Mantis
SDLC: Agile/Scrum, Water Fall
Sr. Test Engineer
- Involved in BA walkthroughs and ETL Specification Document.
- Worked with the Dev team to gather information for some ambiguous requirements.
- Tested cognos reports (Graph, table, and chart) with the data.
- Understanding of Functional Requirement Specifications and System Requirement Specifications.
- Preparation of test scenario’s and test cases based on requirement.
- Wrote complex SQL scripts for individual tables by following the transformation rules in S2T documents, which includes writing identity rule and for all the other columns of the table.
- Used EXCEPT statement to find difference in records between source table and target tables.
- Regression testing of the extract files and tables.
- Analysis of the mismatched records and further proceeded with either raising a defect using ALM and check whether the ambiguity still exists or not.
- Follow up with existing defects and new defects in TFS
- Worked with UAT defects, enhancement defects, production defects.
- Developed reports by using Application Life Cycle Management metrics for daily status reports.
- Status update on daily basis to the upper management by providing the daily metrics based on the defects opened, closed or retested and on the number of the test cases executed.
- Responsible for executing the System Test Cases and reporting defects Application Life Cycle Management
- Participated in frequently held Defect Meetings which included Project Management, QA, Development, and Business Line teams and submitted weekly defect and test status updates during the Defect Management meetings.
Sr. Test Engineer
- Migrated data from DB2 to Netezza.
- Tested various reusable ETL Transformations, which facilitate Daily, Weekly & Monthly Loading of Data.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Document to understand the process and write Test Cases.
- Formulate methods to perform Positive and Negative testing against requirements.
- Conducted Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation testing.
- Participated in User Acceptance testing (UAT) and involved in UA test cases, Executed test cases.
- Used Agile testing methodology for achieving deadlines in UAT.
- Executed and managed test cases and reported bugs in Quality Center 9.2.
- Performed Verification, Validation, and Transformations on the Input data (Text files, XML files) before loading into target database.
- Responsible for validation of Target data in Data Warehouse and Data Marts which are Transformed and Loaded using Informatica Power Center.
- Validated data in between source and target after running Mappings by the Informatica developer team.
- Experience working with onsite team and coordinate my own efforts with team members in the on- site team.
Sr. Test Engineer
- Tested stored procedures & views in Toad using SQL/PLSQL.
- Worked with Data Completeness, Data Transformation, Data Quality and Integration Testing for different line of feeds
- Worked with SCD1, SCD2 testing while dimension data validations.
- Prepared test cases for data validations between Data Mart to data cubes.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Worked with developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfil data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted.
- Worked with UNIX scripts in executing and validating logs for the issues.
- Involved in KT sessions for new joiners to ramp up them.
- Validated all the jobs and successfully system tested the jobs
- Submitted weekly bug or issue report updates to the Project Manager in the form of the QA Error Log.
- Involving in Functional testing, End to End testing and Regression Testing.
- Preparing and supporting the QA and UAT test environments.