- Highly talented, experienced and innovative hands on Manufacturing Design/Project Engineer with over 25 years experience working in a variety of industries, including aerospace, defence, capital equipment and automation, with special emphasis on economics of design, design for manufacture and new product introduction, including over 25 years project management experience.
- Senior Project Engineer Tech Lead with responsibility.
- Extensive experience with Aerospace/Space systems and related components.
- Completed journeyman apprenticeship in Machine Tool Technology in Europe.
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering design and manufacturing principles including over 20,000 hours of utilizing Solidworks,Mastercam and several other CAD, CAM, and CAE tools. Extensive expertise designing and transitioning new products to production., with over 25 years hands on involvement in machining and automated manufacturing processes, including CNC programming of complex geometries, including simultaneous multi - axis and process development.
- Over 20,000 hours hands experience designing and modelling complex components and assemblies
- Design of complex process systems and components.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering design principles, mathematics and physics.
- Hands on manufacturing engineer and accomplished machinist
- Comprehensive knowledge of materials, exotic alloys, and plastics
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple manufacturing processes, including plastic injection molding, metal injection molding, metal casting, sheet metal, machining and super finishing techniques.
- Principal Project Liaison Engineer for landing gear systems,with Northrop Grumman, Eaton Aerospace,Boeing,and Messier Dowty
- Senior Design Engineer with responsibility for designing Electroless Nickel tool for Intel.
- Designed breather system for Boeing
- Designed Patented Canvas Stretching Machine.
- Knowledge of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT),Heat Treating and Aerospace material Specifications
- Jig and Fixture design
- Extensive expertise programming components for CNC machines including 5 axis
- Metal forming and stamping including progressive die stamping.
- Value engineering and cost reduction
- Experience working with vendors both domestic and international.
- Extensive experience with Multiple Quality systems and tools including APQP Planning, PFMEA, and CSS
- Medical Device and knowledge of 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485
- Fully conversant with MS. Office, Mathcad, Solidworks, Mastercam X7,Mecsoft VisualMILL and several other cad-cam tools.
- Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Creation of profession drawings (ANSI Y14), renderings, and presentations.
Mastercam X7 Multi-Axis
UG (Version 16)
Confidential, Huntington Beach, CA
- Design and design for manufacture of components for the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence and Medical Device industry.
- Transition of multiple NPI products to production.
- Reduced cost, quality, yield and setup times.
- Elimination of scrap and process fallout through a combination of poka yoke design and FMEA, resulting in reduction of MRB dispositions up to 83%
- Setup and designed cell, tooling, and fixturing for the manufacture of complex impeller matrix, utilizing a simultaneous 5 axis manufacturing process.
- Designed and developed patented Zytel seals.
- Increased first time yield build by 98%.
- Performed design of experiments (DOE) on Nital Tech and Barkhausen process resulting in reduction of process and inspection anomalies by 67%.
- Design of complex Dies and Test fixtures.
- Successfully managed two Value Streams
- Created complex models, assemblies, and professional drawings utilising Solidworks
- Designed and setup robotic machining cell for manufacturing automotive components
- Worked with vendors to improve quality, cost and manufacturability issues.
- Implemented closed loop corrective action system, resulting in 83% reduction in MRB dispositions.
- Performed process analysis and capability studies
- Designed new process and tooling for machining lee plug geometry which had a fallout rate of 50% -this component was valued at over $15000 per piece, the resulting savings were in excess of several hundred thousand dollars.
- Reduced setup time by over 65% by designing lock and load SMED system. Eliminated scrap and reduced cycle times by designing poka-yoke fixturing, custom tuned boring bars and tooling, including honing process.