- Over 8 years of Experience in Software Testing using Manual and Automation Testing of Web - based and Client/Server applications.
- Involved and provided input in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Well versed with V Model, Agile Scrum and Waterfall models.
- Experienced in using HP UFT, QTP, ALM, Selenium, Java, Jenkins and Jira.
- Experienced in Ad-Hoc Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experienced in using HP Testing Tools; like Quality Center QTP (Unified Functional), ALM and UFT.
- Experienced in Test Automation framework design and development and expert in developing Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid Driven automation framework in Quick Test Professional /UFT/QTP and Unified Functional Testing (QTP and UFT).
- Developed and executed test automation scripts using Quick Test Professional and Unified Functional Testing(UFT) with Parallel Execution in VM (Virtual Machine).
- Experienced in developing VB Script Functions and maintaining in Function Libraries in QTP/UFT.
- Expertise on regression tests for creating data transformation and also proficient in loading and analyzing the quality of the data using UFT/QTP.
- Strongly experienced in developing Descriptive programming with VB Script and working with Shared Object Repositories (SOR) in UFT/QTP.
- Experienced in Black Box testing with a complete QA Life cycle- through Development, Analysis, testing, Defect logging, and verification of fixed bugs.
- Well experienced in Test Cases Preparation, Execution, Traceability matrix, Bug analysis and Reporting using HP Quality Center.
- Strong skills in backend testing using SQL Queries on Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server.
- Experienced in creating tests for API’s and automate them.
- Involved in test strategy planning, scheduling, and risk analysis, reporting and tracking.
- Possessed high technical aptitude and high level of analytical ability.
- Strong written & verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience using Windows and UNIX-based operating systems.
- ISTQB Certificate.
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Involved in analyzing Requirement Specifications and development of Test Scenarious.
- Developed Test Cases by analyzing Business requirements, functional specs and use case documents.
- Record the deviations found during the development cycle and communicated to the client counterparts.
- Maintain Traceability Matrix for requirements to the test cases and created a data load.
- Create and manage test plan to assist overall test assignment, test cases and test scripts for the testing effort used ALM.
- Created all the framework from the scratch.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries.
- Created tests for API’s and automate them.
- Created test Data for functional testing purpose using QTP.
- Developed, maintained and executed Automation test scripts using QTP UFT.
- Analyzed the QTP run result after execution and logged defect in ALM.
- Developed custom functions for error handling in QTP\UFT.
- Use HTML report to improve the readability for QTP run result.
- Support regression by executing automation scripts on multiple Virtual machines.
- Supported production releases by executing read-only Automation Scripts in production environment.
- Created Test Data for functional testing purpose using QTP UFT.
- Used HTML DOM and XPath to identify dynamic objects from web application for UFT.
- Performed Keyword Driven Testing with Quick Test Professional (QTP UFT) to the test application.
- Developed custom functions for error handling in QTP/UFT.
- Developed driver script for scheduled automation test run and that will trigger shakeout script by receiving email via outlook.
- Developed reusable functions with Descriptive Programming and maintained in the function libraries in VB Script
- Actively participated in test case automation using a structured, keyword driven framework with QTP.
- Documented the automation best practices and lessons learnt.
- Monitored project plan execution and project metrics reporting.
- Effectively communicated difficult\sensitive information.
- Participated in design sessions and provide feedback on requirements and design specifications.
- Encrypted and decrypted secure data by using UFT/QTP.
Environment: Windows, UNIX, MS Office(Word, PowerPoint, Excel), QTP UFT, Selenium, Java, Python, ALM, Rally, VBScript,API, XML, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, Amazon Glacier, Virtual Private Cloud, DNS Routing, Cloudwatch .
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Involved in regression test planning, automated test executions and test result analysis.
- Develop custom functions to handle dynamic object using VB Script and QTP.
- Responsible for Executing and Maintenance of Automated and Manual Test scripts
- Performed Keyword Driven Testing with QTP\UFT to test the application.
- Developed Master Scripts with VB Script and kicked off test script executions on demand.
- Designed Batch Testing Plan for Hot Fixes and Production Releases with UFT batch executions.
- Used HTML DOM and XPath to identified dynamic objects from web application for UFT.
- Stored Environment Variables for URLs, username and passwords in XML files for UFT test data.
- Analyzed the Regression Suite, Identified and prioritized test cases for test automation development in QTP/UFT using VB Script.
- Attended Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Review meeting in dynamic Agile Scrum
- Maintained high customer satisfaction through the delivery of high quality, timely, and through solutions to customer problems.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the oracle database and validate the data integrity.
- Involved in performing data validation using QTP/UFT.
- Worked with Technical Team and Production Team in Isolating Defects and helping to resolve code/data issues using Defect tracking tool ALM.
- Developed test scripts for Functional testing&Regression testing procedure using QTP/UFT.
- Developed Function libraries, shared repository, descriptive Programming, custom error handling scripts using QTP.
- Extensive experience in Error Handling by developing custom error handling functions with VB Script.
- Developed Environmental Variables, Driver Scripts, and Utility Functions using VB Script in QTP/UFT.
- Modified exisiting QTP Scripts for regular release screen changes and to support regular functional changes.
- Performed Cross browser testing on Internet explorer, Firefox and Chrome for browser compatibility.
- Coordinated User Acceptance Test(UAT) processes and documented and addresses all the issues during the process.
- Identified the high risk points and priorities of the application.
- Worked with development teams to investigate and correct software bugs and deficiencies based on testing results and involved in defect tracking and resolving production logs.
- Conducted Walkthroughs and involved in Software inspection.
Environment: Windows, UNIX, ALM, RALLY, MS Office(Word, PowerPoint, Excel), QTP UFT, Selenium, Java, Jenkins, Oracle Database, XML, MS SharePoint.