- Over 6+ years of experience in both manual and automated software Quality Assurance Testing of client - server and web-based applications and Backend testing, Object oriented analysis design with in-depth understanding.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional and Junit/TestNG, Load Runner, Quality Center, JMeter, JIRA, SOAP UI and Version One.
- Specialized in user requirement analysis, documenting test plans, execution of test cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, by using Selenium RC, WebDriver.
- Expert in performing Data driven & Key word driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and RC.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing, and automated Test Execution.
- Extensive experience in GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance (UAT), Sanity, Performance, Stress, Reliability, compatibility, Cross Browser, Security and Database Testing.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing and Validating WSDL using SOAP UI tool.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Experience in web user interface automation testing with Selenium WebDriver, java, Junit, Cucumber and TestNG frame works.
- Solid knowledge in project building tool Maven, ANT. Good working experience in version control tool GIT and SVN.
- Good working experience in continuous integration tool Jenkins, Hudson, Team City.
- Experience in developing framework using Junit, TestNG and Page Object Model.
- Good knowledge in Web Service testing using SOAP UI and Rest API.
- Expert using open source bug tracking tool JIRA, Quality Center, BugZilla & IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Experienced in WebServices testing by using SOAP UI with the help of Groovy Scripting.
- Experienced using HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) and JIRA for global test management, bug tracking and reporting.
- Skilled in Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Documenting Test Results and logging/tracking defects.
- Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept. Extensively used Java and Ruby for test case automation. Experience in implementing TDD and BDD.
- Understanding of web application communications and structure including HTTP, client/server interactions, and data access models.
- Extensively worked onSeleniumWebDriver with the preferred Languages Java, C#, Python andRuby.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to understand and analyze complex issues.
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical and computation skills, enthusiastic learner, confident, sincere and committed.
- Good team player and also have ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional team building, leadership Project Management and interpersonal skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, WebDriver, Quick Test Pro(QTP), SOAP UI, Jbehave, Cucumber
Languages: JAVA, Java Script, XML, C, C++, Ruby
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework, MVC.
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), BugZilla& IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC)
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera
Application: Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, 7, 8) Linux, Mac
Confidential, Green Bay, WI
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test Metrics for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements, portal redesigned and test specs.
- Worked in Agile environment, with an ability to accommodate and test the newly proposed changes at any point of time during the release.
- Evaluate and analyze Business Requirements, Functional Specification documents.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium, Ruby and Cucumber.
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases and test matrices utilizing QA best practices and standards.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium Web Driver.
- Designed and developed User Interfaces forPythonusers as per requirements.
- Proven success in establishment of agile test practices including acceptance test automation using Cucumber (ruby scripting) during acceptance test driven development methodology.
- Used Maven for building the Web Driver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Configured Continuous Integration environment, using Jenkins to kickoff daily builds and automation suites Jenkins, Maven and GitHub.
- UsedCucumberautomated testing to test new and existing functionality.
- Gained product knowledge and attended various QA training
- Expanded knowledge of product through Regression testing of easy modules
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object’s id, Name, Xpath, link in the application. Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Working on the Android module of the project where I was responsible for automating the app using Appium withpython.
- Development ofPythonscripts on daily basis and communicating with offshore team.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed Automation for regression using Selenium Web Driver and Selenium GRID.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven, Ruby, Python, Jenkins, SOAP UI, GitHub, Agile, Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Eclipse, Quality Center, Oracle, Windows.
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and Functional specification within the team for business understanding and end-user focus.
- Worked with the Business analysis Team to prepare detailed Test plan and Test Cases for the enhancements of the Business user’s online banking application.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Performed manual tests to conduct functional, system, integration regression, usability, compliance, compatibility tests on the application.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver with Junit Framework.
- Generated Test data for various types of testing for valid data, Invalid data testing using In Excel spread Sheet.
- Involved in debugging, reporting and fixing automation RUBY script failures in Selenium WebDriver.
- The entire Ruby scripting done usingCucumberframeworkWrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Handled the exceptions using try-catch block in Junit.
- Run script as a batch file through ANT and generated testing report.
- Create scripts Python for new functionalities and update the existing scripts for upgraded functionalities.
- Created Selenium web-driverautomationscripts usingPythonto validate functionality on various browsers.
- Integrates Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML and Python.
- Analyzed the Log files to verify the processes for debugging and or test data verification purposes.
- Involved in running Test scripts on different browsers using the Selenium WebDriver.
- Firebug is used to select CSS selectors and XPath to identify UI elements.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Conducted test on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and Account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using SOAP UI.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Reviewed FSDs, BRDs and MDDs, use cases, data flow diagrams to creation of test plan, test scenarios, test cases and test data.
- Actively participated in JAD sessions with BAs and SMEs and suggested improvements to the requirements.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation (Java/JUnit).
- Extensively involved in integrating Selenium WebDriver with existing API to test framework.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for back-end testing using Selenium and executed the Junit tests.
- Prepared the traceability matrices to fill the gap between the requirements and the test cases covered.
- Participated in production implementation verification for validating system quality.
- Created, managed and executed Test Cases using Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Integration, System, GUI, Cross Browser compatibility, Ad- Hoc Testing.
- Conducted regression testing of the existing features and new enhancements of the application.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver and JUnit.
- Managed defect reporting and tracking using Quality Center.
- Managed weekly management status reports and coordinated meetings between test team and development team to review defects.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Java, HP Quality Center, XPath, Eclipse, MS-Office Suite and Windows.