- Over 5 Years cumulative test - specific experience in the IT industry with diversified exposure in both Manual and Automated Testing of Client/Server, Web-based and Mainframe applications with focus on System Analysis and Quality Assurance including Functional, Regression, Integration, System and Performance Testing.
- Hands on exposure to Software Development Life Cycle methodology (SDLC) and testing applications in all environments including Waterfall and Agile.
- Experienced in testing Client/Server and Web-Based Applications.
- Experience in design & implementation of QA Test plans, Test Scripts for Manual and Automation testing.
- Proficient in using Testing Methodologies, Validations and Verifications
- Experienced with Off-shore & other geographically distributed test, development, Configuration management, production support, database, change deployment and release management teams during defect finding, analysis, recording, tracking, and verification & reporting at various levels.
- Proficient in Automation skills with experience in build, modification and execution of automated tests using tools like QTP and test scripts.
- Extensive experience in analyzing the functional specifications and formulate testing methodology and write detailed test cases
- Extensive experience in creating test data, executing test scenarios and analyzing the actual results against the expected results.
- Experience with HP Quality Center and Custom Bug Tracking Tools.
- Experience with QA Methodology, Procedures and Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Experienced in understanding business requirements, specifications, developing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test procedures, Test Matrices, Test Data points and Trace-ability matrix.
- Expert in Functional/Regression/Ad-Hoc/UAT/Multi-Browser/Black Box/System, Sanity Testing and configuring QA test environments.
- Experience working with Web Services using SOAPUI tool to validate XML request and response using different methods.
- Validated Source and Target database in ETL process.
- Working experience in Mobile application testing.
- Good knowledge in SAP Testing and CRM.
- Proven ability in problem troubleshooting with test data by closely working with Developers to fix problems
- Ability to complete assignments with little or no supervision, on time with high quality by demonstrating ease in following directions
- Possess excellent analytical and verbal skills.
- Proven team player with contributions towards elegant, flexible and maintainable test solutions for complex functional requirements.
Testing Tools: Quality Center 9.0/8.2,JIRA, HP ALM 12.00, Load Runner
Programming Languages: SQL, C, VB, .Net, Java, PL/SQL
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, Java Script, VB Script
Database Technologies: Oracle8i/9i/11i, MS SQL Server 2008/2000, MS Access
Operating System: MS: DOS, Windows 95/98/2000/XP
Others: MS Excel, ServiceNow, RTS, TortoiseSVN, Github
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
IT Quality Assurance Specialist
- Extensively interacted with the client and the management teams to understand the requirements and report the status of the testing efforts on their applications.
- Document and prepared Test Plans.
- Conducted Parameterization to data tables in QTP/UFT.
- Created object repositories in QTP
- Conducted heavy data-driven testing using QTP
- Involved in heavy system performance tuning
- Conducted integration, functional and regression testing using QTP
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation Testing.
- Created and maintained Test and Traceability matrix.
- Executed test scripts, co-ordinate & conduct system & UAT testing using manual testing methodology.
- Manually tested modules for compliance with functionality requirements.
- Developed SQL queries to check the database automatically and checking the data integrity in accordance with business standards of the company.
- Used Toad to manipulate SQL queries for back-end testing
- Worked with Project Management to scope the testing effort and provide status and estimates
- Responsible for Offshore-Onsite Communication, coordination, work allocation, execution analysis and test progress monitoring.
- Worked extensively with Quality Center and JIRA for defect tracking and bug reporting.
- Collaborate with developers as needed to isolate the root cause of defects.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Write end user documentation.
- Performed UAT with the end user to clarify any application issues.
Environment: Windows, QTP/UFT, Quality Center/ ALM, JIRA, Oracle, LoadRunner, VBScript, SQL, Visual Studio, MS Office
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Reviewed the Business/ Functional/ System Requirement Specs, High Level Design Documents, Detailed Design Documents
- Worked with Quality Center Admin in customizing fields for Creating Users and their Access levels.
- UsedQuality Centerfor Tracking and Reporting also followed up with development team to verify Bug Fixes, and update Bug Status.
- Created Test Cases usingQuality Center,Monitored the Defect Tracking process, trouble shooting and generating customized Graphs and Reports for the Client.
- Implemented appropriate test coverage (Functional/Database/Security/Performance) to drive efficient Defect Discovery and ensureValidationagainst Functional/Technical Specifications.
- Developed SQL Queries for checking the Data Transaction.
- Participated in various meetings fordiscussed EnhancementandModification Requests.
- Coordinated and participated in weekly meetings with team members and submitted status report
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, WSDL, MS EXCEL, Java, MS WORD, Unix, Bugzilla, C++, .NET, VBScript.
Confidential, Lakeland, FL
- Analyzed the business requirement documents, reviewed functional design documents, developed test strategies and test plans.
- Attended the meeting with business analysts and track leads in understanding the system.
- Developed test cases, mapped test cases to the requirements, executed test cases and logged defects in Quality Center.
- Involved in manual and automated testing of the application.
- Involved in setting up the test data in Excel.
- Performed functional testing, integration testing, system testing, regression testing and user acceptance testing.
- Performed database testing by developing SQL queries for various tracks.
- Communicated the defects with the business analysts and developers through MS-Outlook
- Coordinated development change request with application support team, managed all project escalations and issues within the project scope to program lead and high-level officials.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track requirements during the QA Testing Phase using Quality Center.
- Testing experience in multiple cross platform environments such as Windows OS, Windows Servers, UNIX.
- Regression testing for interim modifications and production bug fixes.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Involved in JAD Sessions and meetings with stakeholders.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, SOA, SQL, VB Script, Oracle 10G, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, Visio 2000, IE 6.0, JSP, Unix, Windows 2000, LoadRunner