- Having 9+ years IT experience in different phases of software development cycle including Agile methodology/SCRUM and Waterfall model.
- Extensive experience in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirements and writing detailed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Execution and defect tracking.
- Experienced in developing selenium Web driver/RC/IDEtest scripts using Java.
- Well versed with SDLC, STLC, logging and Tracking Defects in all phases with major responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of UAT testing methodologies and practice.
- Experienced with build management tools like Maven/Ant build tools.
- Worked on web service like SOAP and REST using SOAPUI.
- Proficient in database query manipulation, SQL statements, stored procedures and triggers
- Excellent experience in Functional Testing, Unit Testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, UAT Testing, GUI Testing, back - end Testing.
- Experience with Black-Box testing.
- Good Knowledge on Appium for mobile app testing Android and IOS.
- Performed Acceptance, Usability, Cross-Platform and Regression Testing during different stages of the application development.
- Expertise in Java and OOPS concepts for Selenium framework and knowledge on python.
- Performed using different spying tools like Firebug and Firepath elements as Firefox add-on for addressing web elements using locators ID, Class name, CSS Selector.
- Experienced with source control tools such as SVN and GIT.
- Performed Continuous integration automation using Jenkins and scheduled the tests to run at specific time.
- Expertise in manual testing includes Requirements Analysis, writing Test plans, Test Cases, and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Experienced in Data Driven, Key Driven, Hybrid Driven Testing, TestNG/Junit.
- Experienced with developing scripts in BDD format using cucumber and proficient in writing cucumber scenarios with Gherkin language. Hands on experience in implementing POM using Page Factory.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel test execution using Selenium Web driver.
- Checked the performance of application, used few assertions to validate the response time using JMeter.
- Performed load test and stress test of the application using JMeter.
- Good with using JMeter listeners such as spline visualizer, aggregate report, View Result Tree, Monitor Results, Distribution Graph and analyzing performance reports generated by JMeter.
- Participated in strategy and status meetings to report issues and also in Build release meetings and QA status meetings.Communicated with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution.
- Proficient in documenting defects with high level of details, accuracy and informative recreation steps using HP ALM/Quality Center, and Bugzilla.
- Worked with project management tool like JIRA
- Good, analytical and communication skills and able to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of team.
Frameworks: Key Driver, Data Driven, Page Object Model (POM), Hybrid.
Test approaches: Waterfall, agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug life cycle
Testing tools: Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, Selenium IDE, CucumberTesting/XSLT, JUnit, APPIUM, SOAPUI, Log4j, Auto IT, HP Quality Center, JMeter
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Integration Tools: Jenkins
Operating systems: Windows 2000/XP/7/Vista, UNIX
Programming languages: C, C++, Java, python, Gherkin
API Testing: REST, SOAP, SOAPUI
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle 8i / 9i &10g, MySQL, SQL
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, QC, TFS. postman
Other: Eclipses, Git, SVN, JSON, XML, HTML, Java ScriptJQuery, Apache POI, Phantom JS, Html Unit Driver.
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, Safari
Sr. QA Test Engineer
- Used Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
- As a part of TCOE worked on multiple projects which includes estimations for various projects.
- Extensively used HP ALM OTA for integrating ALM .
- Responsible to Maintenance and Updates to resolve environment and/or data issues, Resolve the script related problems, modify schedules, Update test data, Update script libraries, Rework/Update test case scripts.
- Perform Regression testing on new builds and every modification in the application usingSelenium WebDriver.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviour and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework
- Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Followed Page Object Pattern and Loadable Component in Test Automation Framework created by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG/Junit.
- Created test reports for TestNG and captured the error screenshots.
- UsedSelenium WebDriver APIsfor writingJunittest suites and test cases for functional testing.
- Implemented Selenium WebDriver Synchronization features such as Implicit Wait, Explicit Wait to interact with third party interfaces.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the drop down menu using Selenium Actions builder, mouse hover and synchronization.
- Involved in Cross browser testing with multiple browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer.
- Analyze software defects, conduct weekly bug triage meetings with development and product management.
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stake holders of the project.
- Creating and updating (add new objects, delete objects that were not being used, gave logical names to the objects) the Object Repositories as needed for the Framework.
- Used GitHub repository to maintain the code.
- Coordinating with Onshore/Offshore with various testing activities.
- Involved in development of new scripts and maintenance of the scripts.
- Created and maintained Test Cases, Test Plans in Microsoft TFS 2013.
- Worked closely with the Developers, Analysts, and Architects for knowledge sharing and to resolve issues.
- Involved in the testing of Big Data (Hadoop).
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium and Web Driver.
Environment: Selenium, Web Driver, Junit, TestNG, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, Gherkins, Firebug, Fire Path, HP ALM 11.53, Microsoft TFS 2013, GitHub, HDFS, Hue, Impala, Oozie, Hive, Pig, Java, WinSCP, MS SharePoint 2010, Windows 7, Unix, MS Office.
Confidential, Paramus, NJ
- Involved in Business Requirements and Functional Specifications and develop Test Plan detailed Test Scenarios and Test cases.
- Implemented Data Driven Framework using WebDriver, JUnit, ANT, Java
- Used Several Java collection classes, wrote code to handle textbox, dropdown, checkbox controls using XPath, selenium WebDriver classes
- Automated Functional and Regression Testing using Selenium IDE, WebDriver, JUnit, ANT, Java
- Used JUnit as driver to launch selenium scripts
- Preparation and execution of test scripts using JMeter and SOAP UI tool to perform Web Services testing.
- Experience in preparation of automated tests in the keyboard driven framework
- Experience in writing Perl Scripts, Python Scripts and UNIX Shell-Scripts
- Experienced in White Box Testing by authoring Java Codes in Selenium WebDriver
- Involved in documenting test cases and packaging test suites and making them available to all of engineering and QA using Quality Center.
- Tested Mobile App version on different smart devices
- Tested for Globalization and localization on Mobile Apple Store.
- App Store Location based testing and iOS simulator testing.
- Written SQL scripts (PL/SQL) to query and validate the functionality in Oracle databases.
- Extensive involvement in Black Box Testing
- Involved in UAT (User Acceptance testing)
- Used maven to define project structure, dependencies, build, andtest management .
Environment: HP ALM, Selenium IDE, WebDriver, ANT, Java, Ruby, Perl, Eclipse, Oracle 10g, HTML, XPath, Maven, JMeter.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
QA/ Selenium Engineer
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, TDD methodologies, SDLC using Waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Designed, developed and implemented POM based automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented simulator for mobile app testing in IOS using Appium Tool.
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities.
- Implemented Appium Scripts to test iOS and Android platforms.
- Involved in automation scripts for mobile native applications using Appium, Java and Selenium.
- Responsible in Developing Web Applications on Selenium WebDriver, TestNG Framework and Appium Automation Framework for mobile application.
- Performed the mobile testing in different platforms like IOS and Android using Appium.
- Testing push notifications in IOS and Android devices.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG).
- Used Appium for mobile app testing Android and iOS.
- Used IOS simulator (on xCode) to make sure the app works on all devices and there no UI issues.
- Used Android SDK and set up mobile device Emulator to test application and to get log files.
- Tested application and filed defects using Quality Center/ALM and TFS.
- Involved inMobile TestingincludesApp Testing.
- Tested automation for web application using Cucumber.
- Very good experience in API Testing both SOAP and RESTAPI using open source tools like Rest Assured or Java coding.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API, rest assured frameworks.
- Develop Restful Web Service testing framework with open source REST Assured and TestNG to build robust and scalable web service testing.
- Worked on Rest assured and http client for automated Java API testing.
- Worked with Source version control tool such as Git.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Worked on developing scripts to automate Rest API using PowerShell.
- Designed REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver in Python and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Agile/Scrum, IOS ANDROID Applications, TestNG, Jenkins, XPath, Eclipse, SOAP UI, JIRA, Git, Firebug, HTML, XML, CSS, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Windows, POI, IOS Simulator, Emulator.
QA Manual Tester
- Analyzed the System Requirements and developed detailed test plans, test cases and provided Documentation.
- Used Quality Center in Test Planning, Test Execution and Tracking Defects.
- Performed Black Box testing, White box testing of the application.
- Manually tested the Functionality, User Interfaces and Security of the web application.
- Worked closely with Project team to meet the dead lines.
- Participated in Test Planning, Test Case Review and Production Deployment meetings.
- Conducted Functional, System and Regression Testing of the application during various phases of Development,
- Enhanced existing and developed new Manual test scripts for the new change request.
- Performed Smoke tests for Production Validation.
- Responsible for testing hot fixes and Main Releases in Production.
- Worked closely with Developers and BA’s to meet the requirements.
- Performed Backend Testing using TOAD.
- Developed and executed SQL queries for backend testing and validation.
- Performed Validation Testing on the application navigation for various scenarios and reported the errors.
- Deployed application code changes and db changes Using TFS in test environments.
- Tested Web services using SOAP UI.
- Parameterized web services using SOAP UI
- Worked closely with Business group and prepared UAT documentation for UAT.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing.
- Interacted with developers in fixing unknown exceptions.
- Compared and analyzed the expected results to the actual results and documented the reports accordingly.
Environment: Quality Center, SOAP UI, HTML, TFS, Oracle 10g, UNIX, Windows, MS excel, Access.
- Involved in White Box, Black Box, Functionality, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Generation of Data for execution of Test cases.
- Responsible for analysis, reports and defect tracking.
- Generate test records, modify scripts to do regression test.
- Developed and submitted viable test plans to test accuracy of data conversion.
- Developed SQL scripts and stored procedures using PL/SQL.
- Actively attend meetings with fellow testers and other groups to evaluate the progress and Performance of the application.
- Well versed with complete life cycle of Manual Testing process with bothAgile and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in leading a Manual Testing assignment and successfully tracked progress of Manual testing effort.
- Used Quality Centre for preparing theTest Plans and manual Test scripts.
- Created data driven script to be used with various data / test cases for positive and negative testing of the application.
- Used Test Director for defect Tracking and defect reporting.
Environment: Windows Server 2000, Oracle 9i, JBOSS, JMS, MVC, Struts, Servlets, JSP, EJB 2.0, CSS, HTML, XML, XSLT, AJAX, DHTML, CVS, UML, Rational Rose EE 2002.