- Over 8+ years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Devops, Software Configuration and Build/Release Management.
- Implemented Microservices on RedHat OpenShift based on Kubernetes, Etcd, and Docker to achieve Continuous Delivery.
- Wrote ansible scripts to ensure Openshift container platform works in sync with Bank system of records.
- Worked onRedhat OpenShift to improve application security by putting admin consoles on different Docker containers accessible only from unusual port numbers.
- Worked on OpenShift for container management and to enhance container platform multi - tenancy.
- Wrote Automated shell scripts to ensure Openshift -Environment is monitored end to end so that we can monitor in Bank's internal script based Monitoring tool.
- Designed a patch process and wrote ansible playbooks for patching openshift -RHEL, atomic OS and also for bug fix for Openshift.
- Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from prototyping to Post-Production support.
- Experience in Automating, Configuring, and deploying instances on AWS, Open stackand Microsoft Azure cloud environments and Data centers.
- Strong knowledge in AWS which includes EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, EBS, Route 53, RedShift, EMR, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Cloud Trail, Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Hands on experience on Automation/Build such as Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Nexus, Artifactory and Bamboo.
- Expert in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT and used Source code management client tools like Git Bash, GitHub, Bit bucket, Git GUI, and other command line applications etc.
- Extensive working experience using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Strong in creating CI/CD pipeline using various tools such as Ant, Maven, GIT, Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, Artifactory and Apache.
- Built multiple cookbooks in Chef. Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Good in the related Open Source projects (Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker Container)
- Experience in Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services oriented environments for scalable applications
- Experience in web/application servers like Apache, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Experience in installation, configuration, management and deployment of Big Data solutions and the underlying infrastructure of Hadoop Cluster.
- Knowledge on migrating MongoDB collections to new DynamoDB tables.
- Knowledge of databases like MySQL,Oracle 10g/11g, MSSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware, KVM, Vagrant.
- Experience in working with Tracking Tools like JIRA, Red Mine, and Bugzilla.
- Experience in working on Monitoring tools like Nagios (NRPE), Zabbix and Diamond.
- Experience in setting up LDAP, SSL certificates on WebLogic using the key stores.
- Strong in scripting languages like Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Shell.
- Experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Experience in programming languages such as Java, .net, C, C++.
- Experience in J2EE Application Development using Web/Application Server IBM Web Sphere Application Server, JBOSS Server and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Experience in Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Linux.
- Experience in deploying Applications, managing infrastructure using tools like Ansible, Chef, Udeploy, and Puppet.
- Ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Performed Capacity planning for the Cloud and Experience on Compute, Networking &Storage infrastructure.
- Experience in methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall models and TDD.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
- Good analytical, communication skills and ability to work with a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
Versioning Tools: Github/GitLab, SVN, GIT, Bitbucket, Git Stash, Subversion, Perforce
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle Sonar, Nexus, Ant
Scripting: Python, Ruby, Java Script, Powershell, Perl
Cloud: AWS, (EC2, EMR, S3, EBS, ELB, Cloud Formation, Code Deploy, VMware Code Pipeline Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, OPSWORK, RDS, DynamoDB, Cloud Front, Route 53, VPC, IAM, SQS, SWF, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and Redshift) Azure, Rackspace
Hadoop: HDFS, Pig Hive, Sqoop, HBase. Kafka and MapReduce.
Analytics & Monitoring: Logstash, Elastic search, Kibana, Splunk, Nagios, Graphite
Management/Bug Tracking Tools: Code Commit, JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Mingle
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, Anthill Pro, TeamCity
CD Tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible
App/Web servers: Apache Tomcat 7/8/9.x, JBoss 7.x, IBM Web sphere, Apache Web Server, Oracle Web logic, Ngnix
RDBMS: Oracle 11g, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, RDS, DYNAMODB, Cassandra
Networking/ Protocols: DNS, Telnet, LDAP, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, SCP, SSL, ARP, DHCP and POP3
Operating Systems: Mac OSX, Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat, SUSE, Windows, Solaris10, IBM-AIX
QA tools: JUnit, MUnit, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver
Languages: C, C++, JAVA/J2EE, SPRING, PYTHON, RUBY, HTML. MapReduce
Virtualization: Virtual Box, Vagrant, VMware, VSphere, VCenter, VMware ESX
Containers: Docker, EC2 Container service.
Sr.DevOps Engineer/AWS Engineer
- Configured and maintained user accounts for Shared, R&D, Staging and Application team and created roles for EC2, RDS, S3, Cloud Watch, EBS resources to communicate with each other using IAM. Worked on AWS services EC2, IAM, S3, Lambda, Cloud Watch, Dynamo DB, SNS, Elastic Bean stalk, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Route 53, ECS, Auto scaling.
- Created and maintained technical documentation for launching Hadoop clusters and for executing Hive queries and Pig Scripts.
- Used Cloud Watch, VPN as the monitoring tool for monitoring the servers.
- Creating Ansible Playbooks, to Deploy VM and install the Components as per requirements.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Created S3 cloud formation template to create s3 bucket with cross account access by creating the IAM roles for Slave and Master Account.
- Provisioned EC2, EMR, S3 templates in cloud formation and also created Portfolios and Products in Service catalog.
- Used the JIRA, Confluence for bug tracking, creating the dashboard for issues.
- Worked on deployment of complex infrastructure using AWS CLI and AWS Console.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 bucket for storage and backup on AWS.
- Responsible for co-ordination with Development group and Application team.
- Created NLB, End Point Services(Private link) is setup for 3rd party VPC.
- Worked closely with Development teams and performance test engineers for EC2 size optimization and Docker build containers.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Built on-premise data pipelines using Kafka and Spark streaming using the feed from API streaming Gateway REST service.
- Created Cloud Formation template stacks to automate for building new VPCs using JSON files.
- Developed multiple AWS services that have API's available for use. Implemented the functionality of EC2 API' sindepth through AWS CLI.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, Auto-scaling, and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed Cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers in AWS ECS.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker.
- Utilized Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Created AMI's to implement automatic deployments of application components and bootstrapping AWS EC2 Instances by passing User Data to download files from S3.
- Setup Spark EMR to process huge data which is stored in Amazon S3.
- Wrote SQL queries and worked on administration for optimizing and increasing the performance of database.
- Used the JIRA, Confluence for bug tracking, creating the dashboard for issues.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management, Work Management and SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Jenkins, Linux,VMware,RHEL, Satellite, GitHub, SVN,, Nagios, Ruby, Python, LAMP, PowerShell, Ubuntu, Apache, Terraform, Nginx.Red hat Linux 7.x, Ruby, Shell, Python, Load Balancers, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, Splunk.
DevOps Automation Engineer
- Worked with Windows,Linuxand AWS teams to resolve issues and plan for infrastructure changes.
- Provided documentation of solutions for VMWare, Windows,Linuxand AWS teams.
- Set up preconfigured RHEL5.x and 6.x on local and in the cloud on AWS EC2 and defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Launching EC2 instances and involved in AWS RDS, S3, Load Balancing, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Lambda, Cloud Watch.
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop Architecture and its related components such as HDFS, Job Tracker, Task Tracker, Name Node, Data Node and MapReduce programming paradigm.
- Used AWS Route53, to route the traffic between different availability zones. Deployed and supported Mem-cache/AWS Elastic-Cache and then Configured Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) for routing traffic between zones.
- Written Templates forAWSinfrastructure as a code usingTerraformto build staging and production environments.
- Operated on several prototype OpenShift projects involving clustered container orchestration and management.
- Using Hive as a data warehouse in Hadoop, HQL on the data (structured data).
- Used Agile Methodologies during software development life cycle to accelerate delivery.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB) and AMIs, Auto-scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Implemented cloud services IAAS, PAAS, and SaaS which include Openstack, Docker andOpenshift.
- Maintained Service Grid platform and SaaS environments.
- Manage the full SDLC process, many of which are offered Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Used Eclipse as Java IDE tool for creating various J2EE artifacts like Servlets, JSP's and XML.
- Created RESTful WebServices for external clients and resellers by reusing existing components.
- Worked on NoSQL database DynamoDB to process large data documents.
- Migrated the productionSQLserver schema to the newAWSRDS Aurora instance. Wrote SQL queries and worked on administration for optimizing and increasing the performance of database.
- Installed and administered Docker and worked with Docker for convenient environment setup for development and testing.
- Involved in scrum meetingsto create development community around continuous integration, and helped development teams solve their obstacles.
- Skilled in using Collections in Python for manipulating and looping through objects.
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, and ElasticSearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK & EFK) etc.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Worked on the Docker ecosystem with a bunch of open source tool like Docker machine, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Buildsdeployments on Docker containers.
- Used the JIRA, Confluence for bug tracking, creating the dashboard for issues.
- Managing and optimize the Continuous Integration using Jenkins,Bambooand troubleshoot the deployment build issues using the trigged logs.
- Carried automated Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration(CI) tool Jenkins.
- Extensively used Spark stack to develop preprocessing job which includes RDD, Datasets and Dataframes Api's to transform the data for upstream consumption.
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated withJenkinsfor CI/CDpipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Ant.
- Wrote Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Wrote multiple cookbooks in Chef and implemented environments, roles and Data Bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Implemented Chef Knife and Cookbooks by Ruby scripts for Deployment on internal Data Centre Server and reused same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into EC2 instances.
- Deployed Puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Evaluate Chef and Puppet framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Deployed Mcollective for orchestration, wrote custom mcollective plugins to deal specifically with our needs.
- Deployment automation using Puppet along with Hiera Data on Mcollective orchestration engines and writing manifests and modules for different micro services.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts. Adopted new features as they were released by Amazon, including ELB&EBS.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Template creation in JSON format forCloudFormationto create/modify multiple Stacks.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code forGIT, Subversion(SVN)/BitBucket.
- Worked on authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in maven internal repository.
- Develop and maintain web applications from conception to production using the LAMP STACK.
- Wrote new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources.
- Monitored Application and Servers through Nagios, Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx.
- Involved working with a PaaS solution such as RedHatOpenshift.
- Worked with VMWare tools like vCenter&vSphereto manage VM's running on ESX cluster nodes and experience working vMotion.
- Worked on implementation team to build and engineer servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux. Provisioning virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using vCloud.
- Managed and Architected virtual servers.
Environment: AWS,OpenStack,Docker, Jenkins, Linux,VMware, vCenter, vSphere and vMotion, RHEL, Satellite, OpenShift, Artifactory, GitHub, SVN, Chef, Puppet Mcollective, Puppet Hiera, Nagios, Ruby, Python, LAMP, PowerShell, Ubuntu, CloudFormation, Bamboo, Apache, Terraform, Nginx.
DevOps Automation Configuration Engineer/ DevOps Developer
- Experienced Cloud and DevOps engineer in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, AZURE Cloud environments and Data centers.
- Expertise in configuring the monitoring and alerting tools according to the requirement like AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, Dynatrace, Nagios, Splunk Enterprise, SNMP monitoring for the VPN connections.
- Loaded and transformed large sets of structured, semi structured and unstructured data using Big Data concepts.
- Deployed the Big Data Hadoop application using Talend on cloud AWS (Amazon Web Service).
- Implemented and maintained Ansible Configuration management spanning several environments in Vrealize and the AWS cloud.
- Created and modified GPO's in a private network pool area inside a Vrealize cloud storage platform.
- Supported and worked on vRealize, vRealize operations, vRealize log insight, vRealize Automation.
- WrittenCloudFormation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using LogStash to output data to AWS S3.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, BashScripts. Adopted new features as they were released by Amazon, including ELB&EBS.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via terraform.
- Worked on container based technologies like Docker, OPENSHIFT and Kubernetes.
- Developed automated scripts using Python, Shell Scripting for data collection and transfer to databases.
- Extensive experience developing SaaS applications with full multitenancy.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Vagrant and worked with containerizing applications like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Create automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MSSQL, MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB in AWS.
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools git/ git-Lab, Jenkins/Hudson, ANT, Maven, BuildForge, Docker-registry/daemon, Nexus and JIRA for Multi-Environment (Local/POC/NON-PROD/PROD) with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform.
- SaaS Solution implementation, customization and support.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Boot strapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in ChefSCM.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling KubernetesAWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Automated theclouddeployment using Chef, Python and AWSCloudFormation Templates. Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible) and experienced in writing Ansible scripts.
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs,AzureAD, Load Balancers,AzureSQL, Cloud Services, etc.
- Established connection fromAzureto On-premise datacenter usingAzureExpressRoute for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- Design, install, administer, and optimize hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity (i.e.AzureAD, ADFS, SSO & VPN Gateways).
- Configuring and maintaining Redhat OpenShift PaaS environment.
- DeployedAzureIaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Leveraged "AzureAutomation" and PowerShell, Chef and Ansible to automate processes in theAzureCloud
- Configured Subclipse (Subversion plugin for Eclipse) and trained developers to utilize its various features Extensively used Ant, Maven, Perl and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks.
- Integration with Splunk for API traffic monitoring and health checks.
- Played a key role in converting 600+ existing Jenkins jobs into the new pipeline process.
- Prepared document on process of migrating Jenkins jobs from development environment to production server.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and wrote recipes in Ruby Script to install and configure Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script.
- Involved in Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys.
- Created Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, ApacheSpark and other applications.
Environment: Red hat Linux 7.x, AWS, AZURE, Chef, puppet, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes, ANT, Maven, Ruby, Shell, Python, WebLogic Server 11g, Load Balancers, WLST, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Virtualization, Configured plug-ins for Apache HTTPserver 2.4, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, SVN, GitHub,Nagios, Splunk.
- Implemented Jenkins pipeline for continuous deployments. Installed and configured Jenkins CI/CD pipelines, installed plug-ins, configured security, created a master and slaves for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Assessing AWS infrastructure feasibility for a web application based entirely on Cloud. Testing End- End implementation compatibility on AWS using Chef and Ansible.
- Writing Python scripts with Cloud Formation templates to Automate installation of Auto scaling, EC2, VPC, and other services.
- Authored Chef Cookbooks and recipes to build and configure infrastructure. Authored Recipes and cookbooks to maintain system stability.
- Managed IAAS and PAAS models on cloud environments using AWS services likeEC2 instance configurations, RDS database configurations in high availability and highly scalable architecture.
- Built and configured application and Database servers using Chef Recipes. Configured Chef Master and nodes for ease of server configurations.
- Created Web Application servers on AWS EC2 instances behind a Regional Load Balancer.
- Stored data for the Web Application in S3 buckets with a Cloud Distribution Network (CDN) to reduce load times for frequently accesses objects.
- Installed and managed JIRA for bug tracking and reporting for the scrum cycles. Installed and administered plugins for JIRA.
- Gathered user requirements and authored Functional Specification and Requirements documents based on client feedback, use cases and user stories.
- Responsible for creating central repositories, branches, tagging and merging in Subversion.
- Merged Projects Streams with Release Streams after the frozen/production release and resolved the conflicts during the merging on GIT.
- Responsible for deployment of WAR, EAR files along with environment specific properties from Dev into QA, Stage and PROD environments.
- Developed build scripts using MAVEN for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Authored Ant/Maven scripts to automate entire build process. Migrated ANT projects into Maven for better build performance.
- Instructed/orchestrated Node.JS project in relation to real-time data parsing.
- Constructed restful API's in collaboration with backend Node.js server and SQL database.
- Responsible for Releases (enhancement, maintenance, Emergency and bug fixes) into QA, Stage and Prod environments.
- Configured Jenkins to pull and build changes in code on a timed cycle and integrated the build deployment with Selenium for Testing.
- Developed Bash and Python scripts to automate applications migration and monitor application health during migration.
- Participated in Sprint planning meetings to deliver incremental updates to the user and gather continuous feedback to continue the improvement cycle.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing development, build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Deployed artifacts into WebLogic/WebSphere servers. Automated Web server provisioning using Puppet. Wrote Puppet manifests to preserve system state for maintenance.
- Experienced in Certificate Management for deploying the SSL/TLS Certificates with secure communications and for identity for website.
- Experience with the network security configuration and OS management in the organization by administrating the tools Netstat, Tcpdump, Curl, keytool.
- Experience with the developer and end- user support, troubleshooting skills in production issues and in critical situations with the applications.
- Created Migration documents and deployment guides for end user so that user can easily walk through and deploy the code without any issue.
Environment: Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, AWS, GIT, Ant, Maven, JIRA, Apache Tomcat, Node.JS, Selenium, Shell, Linux, Windows Server 2008/2012, MongoDB, MYSQL server.
- As a Linux/Unix system maintained the various servers and Production Support of various applications in Red Hat EnterpriseLinux, and Windows environment.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, Patches, and performance tuning on UNIX and system software & hardware.
- Experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining the file sharing servers like Samba, NFS, FTP and also Web Sphere & Web Logic Application Servers, Nagios.
- Experienced in configuration and maintenance of commonLinuxservices such as Tomcat, Apache, MySQL, NFS, FTP, Postfix, LDAP, DHCP, DNS BIND, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, ip tables and firewall etc.
- Ability to handle load balancer implementations like bonding multiple interfaces into single bond in case of over load on LAN devices.
- Implementation of RAID 0/1/5 for creation of logical volumes using VERITAS Volume Manager and Red hat cluster servers in SAN Storage Area Environment.
- Strong understanding in writing the automation of processes using the shell script with bash and Python.
- Building servers with jumpstart using Kickstart, CD on timely basis, along with corporate wide requirements
- Creating and managing virtual memory (swap spaces) and filesystems, while also supporting data management through on-site & off-site storage and retrieval services.
- Extensive knowledge on Server administration, Kernel upgrade and Deployment of patches and applying all firewall and security policies with emphasis on maintaining best practices.
- Administering local and remote servers on daily basis, troubleshooting and correcting errors.
- Experienced with inter networking using TCP/IP and resolving network connectivity using tools like dig, nslookup, ping.
- Monitoring of web servers and other services using Nagios monitoring tool.
- Involving and partitioning formatting disks and in file system management as Software RAID, LVM and VxVM.
- Installing and configuring various servers as Apache web server, HTTP server, Samba.
- Experience in RHEL Provisioning, Upgrades, Patching, Configuration and Performance Tuning in Linux environment using satellite server.
- Production support of Apache, Apache HTTPD, JBoss, Tomcat and Oracle Web logic 10.3 application servers including installation, configuration, and management and troubleshooting.Strong experience in VM environments like XEN, KVM, Oracle Virtual Box and VM Ware 5.0.
- Database administration of MySQL, Oracle or equivalent Data Base programs.
- Installed and configured various services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, RPM, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Web Logic, NIS, SSH, Tomcat, Telnet, HTTP, HACMP, GPFS, SSL, NetApp, RPM Package Management and others.
- Performed OS installations, OS Upgrades, and Server Patching by configuring PXE and DHCP server using Kickstart Configuration and by using Red Hat Satellite server.
- Experience in creating Disk Partitions, Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and RAID.
- Debugged network connectivity issues and involved in trouble shooting activities with commands ping, trace route, tcpdump, nslookup, netstat, IOstat, top.
- Experienced in writing Shell Scripts in Bash, C-shell and Cron tab inLinuxto automate the tasks.
- Scripting done in administrative and management tasks using shell, Bash,Pythonfor automated administrative jobs and experience on Bourne, Ruby, Perl and C-shell.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x), Solaris 9/10/11, RedHat Satellite Server, Apache Tomcat, KickStart, Bonding, RAID, WebSphere, SQL, Agile, WebLogic, Subversion, Samba, NFS, FTP, LVM, Tomcat, Apache, bash, python
System Analyst/ Linux Administrator
- Install and configure CentOS and Ubuntu on remote servers and desktop servers.
- Installation of packages using YUM and RPM in Red Hat Linux.
- Created and modified users and groups using SUDO permissions.
- Set up and administer user and group accounts and also setting permissions for users.
- Creation and administration of virtual machines using VMware and Virtual Box.
- Experience in installing and configuring SSH encryption in order to access securely.
- Responsible for configuring and connecting to SSH through SSH clients like Putty.
- Provided policies to groups using policy generator and set different permissions based on requirement.
- Used LVM on Linux to create volumes with layouts like RAID.
- Administrating responsibilities which include user, group, disk and security management and File sharing Permissions.
- Performing Linux System Administration routines, swap partition and file system changes, system booting and recovery.
- Production support of Apache http, PHP, MYSQL installation, configuration, management and trouble shooting.
- Experience working with IT security team to handle responsibility of firewall administration.
Environment: Redhat 5, Redhat 6, VMware workstation, Virtual Box, CentOS 6, CentOS 6.5