- 7+ years of IT experience in Automation Testing, Manual Testing and Application
- Development of software systems in Web - based, Client Server and Data Warehouse applications under Windows and Unix environments
- Worked on Insurance, Finance and Healthcare applications.
- Automation skills in both UI and service level
- Experience in Selenium IDE, Grid and Selenium RC
- Experience in Selenium Web driver.
- Understand the application concepts and flow in order to identify the re-usable key components for automation purposes.
- XPath, CSSSelector usage in Selenium.
- Experienced with TestNG and JUnit.
- Data Driven Framework Automation testing using Selenium.
- Worked with defect tracking tools like Quality Center, Jira and Clear Quest
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC and QA Life cycle, with timely delivery against aggressive timelines.
- Create & executed automated scripts/components using Selenium that supports Java platform
- Hands on experience with Agile, Scrum and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in developing Selenium tests and Java applications using IDE’s such as Eclipse.
- Extensive experience in Black Box Testing of applications
- ANT, Maven and Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
- Expertise in problem solving and Bug Reporting using Bug Tracking Tools
- Proficient in creating Test cases, Test Scripts for the testing of various types of web applications.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Designed, maintained and executed the test cases in Quality center tool and logged the defects.
- Worked in conjunction with the Business Analysts and Development teams to analyze and solve the issues
- Experience in performing Backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player delivering under high stress environment with resource constraints.
Testing Tools: Selenium Webdriver,Selenium IDE,Manual Testing, Quality Center 9.2,10.0,SOAP UI
Defect Tracking Tool: Test Director, JIRA, Rational Clear Quest
Database Management: Sybase,DB2,SQL server, Oracle
Programming: Java 7/6,JDK 1.5/1.6, VB Script, HTML, Shell Script, SQL, XML
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX - HP, Linux .
Version Control: Subversion, Perforce
RDBMS Tools: Toad, SQL Developer, Squirrel, DB Artisian
Others: Microsoft Office, MS Visio,Weblogic,Websphere
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Worked with Business Analysts and Developers for requirements review and developing Test Scenarios
- Analyzed Business Requirements, use cases AGILE (SDLC) PROCESS and worked on automation and manual testing of the application
- Worked and helped Manager to create Test Plan and for testing life cycle of application
- Developed System Test Cases and procedures to test various application points
- Used Modular Driven Framework for creating Selenium scripts
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers various elements identifying techniques (ID, Name, Xpath, CSS) using Selenium Framework
- Involved in Design and development of SQL Programs, procedures to track status and data files on real time basis.
- Checking the regression logs for the loans and credit cards modules.
- Developed ANT Scripts to run the automation scripts and implemented POI.jar to develop Excel and HTML based test reports.
- Setup Continuous Integration system for QA using Jenkins.
- Widely used Rally for user stories, bug management and team communication
- Tested Manually Android Native app version of the application
Environment: Eclipse IDE, Java, JUnit, TestNG, Rally, Selenium WebDriver, ANT, Jenkins, Modular Driven Framework, Agile
Confidential, Springfield, IL
- Gathered specifications and requirements to develop Test Plans and to create Test Cases using Quality Center.
- Actively participated inagile testing. Completed tasks on time for each sprint to meet the deadlines.
- Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing.
- Involved in creation of Automation test framework using Selenium.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object’s id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Added annotations to the test. (Selenium).
- Developed the Automation Test Scripts using Java and execution using Selenium.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on the different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Regression test cases were automated using Selenium, Web Driver, and Web Driver Backed Selenium.
- Executing Test Cases, Test Plans and Analyzing the Test Results.
- Developed the Positive and Negative Test Cases for various modules based on the business requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing on different Modules of the Application.
- Investigated software bugs and maintained reports, tracked defects.
- Prepared detailed reports of Bugs and Defects, Pass/Fail reports and comparison analysis, and interacted with the development teams, application and data architecture team, migration and build teams and the DBA team to report and correct defects.
- Extensively used Quality Center for test planning, maintain test cases and defects.
- Categorized bugs based on the severity and interfaced with developers to resolve them.
- Execution of daily smoke tests to ensure the deployment of each environment is stable.
- Divided various functional areas of the application into various Risk Levels for effective testing of the application, also risk leveled all the Test Cases accordingly.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
Environment: AgileMethodology, Java, J2EE, Selenium, Web logic App Server, Quality center, UNIX, MS Office andSQL Server
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Selenium QA Tester
- Analyzed the Use Cases and various documents to prepare Test Plan.
- Highly experienced in designing and applying test methodologies to ensure products meet required specifications and Performance expectations.
- Developed the Test strategy for short term and long term automation.
- Prepared Manual testing scenarios and test cases for system design of advance builds of an application.
- Automation infrastructure and error free test scripts are developed using Selenium Webdriver methods and features.
- Used Eclipse IDE with selenium for supporting functional testing of client side application.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) while preparing the test cases.
- Organized the test cases in the HP ALM/Quality Center (QC) for Manual Test execution also generated reports and graph type documents for results using QC.
- Test scripts are written using Java selenium to automate the GUI test and functional test cases.
- Test scripts created with automation tools and executed automation scripts on various builds.
- Performed risk analysis to critical areas of application from customer perspective and supported multi-tier application.
- Test scripts written are enhanced for Global Execution.
- Data Driven Testing (DDT) is executed by prepared Test data.
- User stories are tracked using JIRA and HP ALM/Quality Center (QC) to track the defects.
- Experienced in working with Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Testing.
- Involved in weekly status review meeting and generated reports on summary of the test executions.
Environment: Windows, Selenium IDE, Selenium Webdriver, Java, J2EE, Scrum Master Pro, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Eclipse IDE and Firepath.
Confidential, Gallipolis, OH
- Involvement in all the stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Requirements Specifications
- Review, Test documentation, Application testing and Defect reporting.
- Participated in Requirement Specification Meetings (RSD) to understand the application's functional requirements to initialize the test scenarios, test flows and test procedures.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind the
- Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Scripted Tests and automated usingSeleniumIDE /SeleniumWebDriver at OS level for User Interface (UI).
- Used Hybrid/Data Driven Framework and extracted the data from external Excel files using Apache POI.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data
- Provider Annotation.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing on different types of browsers to run all the tests at the same using TestNG.
- Used JIRA to track bugs and maintained the flow of iterations.
- Performed Regression testing usingSeleniumWebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Executed Batch files usingSelenium.
- Performed black box testing, database testing and web-based testing on each transaction usingSelenium.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity, data validation and data design.
Environment: SeleniumIDE,SeleniumWeb Driver, TestNG, Java, Eclipse, Hybrid/Data Driven FrameworkCucumber, Linux, Oracle, SQL, JIRA, SVN, Maven, Jenkins.
- Performed Manual Black Box Testing of a Web Site
- Performed GUI functional and sanity testing manually for each new build of the application.
- Executed test cases to compare the actual result with expected results in accordance with business, technical and functional specs of the applications.
- Responsible for thorough testing of browser and platform compatibility issues
- Create test plan, test suits and test cases.
- Performed testing on Mobile for compatibility check.
- Validated applications GUI for compliance with Usability guidelines.
- Verify bugs fixed in new releases.
Environment: JIRA, XML, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2000
- Test Environment set up using octopus tool.
- Requirement gathering for testing through building test plans to execute test cases.
- Participated in design reviews and quality inspections for each release
- Writing Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Participated in System Testing, Regression Testing and Interface Testing
- Prepared Test Data and performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Created Test plans - Test cases for GUI, Regression and functional testing.
- Execution of test cases, verification the actual results against the expected results andDocumenting in the test plan.
- Analyzing specifications, Identified data and test requirements, developing QA test plan and ensuring its proper and timely execution from functional specification documents.
- Creating/executing test cases coordinate integration of applications on a multi-server
- Reviewing the database test cases.
- Executed database test cases according to release.
- Environment, and perform basic troubleshooting, conducting regression tests.
- Defect Reporting & Defect Tracking using Product Studio.