- About 7 Years of experience in IT industry with imperative concentration on in the Information Technology arena focused on Linux Administration, Cloud Computing, DevOpsPrinciples with maintaining Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment in multiple environments like (DEV/TEST/STAGE/PROD).Experience in handling the CI/CD with the help of Jenkins and Ansible.
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration (CI) and for End - to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools like Jenkins & Hudson for automated builds and to build and implement the end-to-end automation process.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Expertise in build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Experienced in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Worked on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) In Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies with a thorough knowledge of each phase of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Explicit knowledge of Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles. Hands-on experience in creating Ansible playbooks shared using company GitHub
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of OpenStack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Experienced with Docker container service and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Implemented puppet installation and configuration for a broad range of services.
- Automated the infrastructure using Terraform and making it auditable by storing all the infrastructure changes in a version control system like GIT.
- Hands on experience in using Terraform along with packer to create custom machine images and automation tools like Chef/Ansible to install software's after the infrastructure is provisioned.
- Experienced in monitoring tools like Nagios, C, HTML, Shell, Bash, Ruby, Python with NoSQL technologies, MongoDB, Redis.
- Maintained Performance tuning of VMware servers and management of server resources between Virtual Machines.
- Involved in the functional usage and Deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Integration, deployment automation of application servers Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Extensive experience in UNIX performance tuning and Capacity Planning.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- Expertise in Agile Testing Methodologies &Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking and security best practices.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
- Experience in building policies for access control and user profiles usingAWSIAM, S3 controls with bucket policies.
- Good understanding ofAWSproducts including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda.
- Expertise inAWSIdentity and Access Management (IAM) such as creating users, groups, organizing IAM users to groups, assigning roles to groups.
- Created Development Environments in Amazon Web Services using services like VPC, ELB, EC2 and RDS instances.
- Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data fromAWSS3 toAWSGlacier, Worked with variousAWS, EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Used Amazon S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data.
- Experience in Identity Access Management.
- Performed application server builds in EC2 environment.
- Experience in Java Programming (Java/J2EE).
- Experience working on SOAP UI.
- Experience working on writing system configurations using Ansible.
- Experience in Writing PL/SQL queries, SQL Queries.
- Hands on Experience on NoSQL databases like Dynamo DB and Cassandra.
- Experience in automating the infrastructure inAWSusing web services.
- Experience on usage of AWS kinesis, DynamoDB, Data Streams, AWS Lambda and S3 for log archiving.
- Experience on usage of ASG(Auto Scaling Groups) and ELB for scaling the applications.
- Good Understanding of Docker Swarm, Kubernetes and nginx.
- Hands on YAML scripting and python scripting.
- Build servers usingAWSwhich includes importing necessary volumes, launching the EC2 instance, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53 and SNS as per the architecture.
- Checking for the security issues including penetration testing & Vulnerabilities using Qualys.
- Hands on AWS Services like SQS, SES, S3 Object versioning, AWS Lambda etc.,
- Developed Cloud Formation template stacks to automate building new VPCs using JSON files.
- Good experience of AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), different volume types and use of various types of EBS volumes based on requirement.
- Good Communication Skills, Excellent Customer handling capabilities and a very good team player.
CI/CD Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo.
Web and Application servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic, Web sphere.
Version Control Tools: SVN, Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT, CVS.
Scripting Languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell, Power Shell.
Databases: Oracle, Dynamo DB, MYSQL, MS SQL.
Operating Systems: LINUX, UNIX, MS Windows, Mac OS.
Web Technologies: JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Servlets.
Virtualization Platforms: VirtualBox, VM Ware.
Build Tools: MAVEN, Chef, Puppet, Docker, ANT, MS Build.
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef.
Infrastructure as Service: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Testing Tools: Selenium, UFT, HP ALM
Confidential, North Chicago, Illinois
DevOps AWS Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using almost all the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto - scaling of the instances.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route53 (CNAME), VPC, RDB, DynamoDB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Enabled the Amazon CloudWatch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization, and load balancer.
- Utilized Amazon Elastic Block Storage which provides persistent block storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances in the AWS cloud.
- Enhancement of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud in the scalable environment, which provides advanced security features such as security groups and network access control lists to enable inbound and outbound filtering at the instance level and subnet level.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability.
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, SIT, and QA Environments.
- Involved in Upgrade of Jenkins & Artifactory Server and use of AWS, Azure for cloud issues.
- Setting up elastic search clusters on Microsoft Azure using Terraform scripts primarily.
- Set up Docker Host, Docker Registry, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances).
- Created and managed Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to define and create applications or services by encapsulating them in containers and for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been cored to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon, and Kubernetes.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Configured Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation.
- Wrote many Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers..
- Experience in automation and continuous integration CI processes with Ansible.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines that helped us drive all Microservice builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Team City for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Created post commits and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for the Web Sphere web application server.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Worked in implementation team to build and engineer servers on Ubuntu.
- Automated the Applications and MYSQL, NOSQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Nagios.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and DynamoDB
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Managed and architected more than 1200 virtual servers, Monitoring of Application and Servers through Nagios, Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx.
- Experienced in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Implementation of NAT gateways for web apps hosted in private subnets.
Environment: Amazon web services, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, ELK stack, Tomcat, UNIX & Perl scripts, JIRA, Splunk, MySQL, Shell scripts, Python, Remedy
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Versioning and Source control of codes using GIT concepts such as branching, merging, labelling/tagging, branches locking, access control and integration.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Recently Using Google Cloud Platform to deploy new machines for our production servers. Extensively working on Kubernetes engine and Cloud Endure migration services where cluster FS as the File system.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Leveraged Amazon Web Services like EC2, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS console and API Integration.
- Created SNS (Simple Notification Services) and triggering it by Cloud Watch monitoring to send SMS or Email to desired recipients.
- Worked on setting up CI (continuous Integration) in TFS and Jenkins. Responsible for creating work items on TFS and on Kanban board.
- Worked on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with GIT and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked on message queuing broker Rabbit MQ which is a asynchronous message queuing broker which takes requests from our apache webservers and serve them to our production servers.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Worked on kubernetes engine in Google cloud platform to create pods from docker containers, in which nginx is a reverse proxy and Load balancer.
- Implemented new build framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools. Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for Jenkins config and plugins files.
- Worked with data management tools like Splunk, ELK. Used Splunk to monitor metric collection for applications in a cloud-based environment.
- Worked with Configuration Management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds.
- Worked with Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages also to assist in building automation policies.
- Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Ansible and Mesos, which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Involved in building Object Oriented applications using Java, writing Shell Scripts, Power shell scripts and Python Scripts on UNIX. Trained staff on effective use of Jenkins, Docker, GitLab and Kubernetes and Kubernetes administration.
- Created and wrote Python and Shell scripts for automating tasks. Involved in using Tomcat Web Server, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application Servers for deployment.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, CICD (Jenkins), Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Splunk, ELK, GIT, TFS (Team Foundation Server), Cloud Watch, Python, Rabbit MQ, Shell, Power shell Scripting, JSON, JBOSS, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Helm, Jira.
- Worked as release engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple software releases
- Developed Shell/Ruby scripts for automation purpose
- Implemented multi - tier application provisioning AWS cloud, integrating with ansible.
- Responsible for designing and deploying SCM processes and procedures
- Designed and implements fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment technologies like Ansible
- Worked with software developing and operating team to debug software and system problems
- Created scripts in python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations
- Deployed Ansible dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Used Ansible to automate configuration management
- Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Conf Files, Data base, commands, user mount points and packages
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity and code conflict resolution
- Installed and configured Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines
- Coordinated developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment into Tomcat application server
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable
- Involved in research of the project application architecture to support and resolve build, compile, ad test issues/problems.
Environment: ANT, Ansible, Linux, AWS, Shell Scripts, Python, Ruby, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat
- System installation and deployment, configuration, problem determination, solutions design, implementation, maintenance, performance monitoring, disk mirroring using LVM, backup, troubleshooting, documentation and user management
- Worked on Red Hat Linux 4and Red Hat Enterprise Server9.0
- Day to day activities included handling security issues like UNIX account cleanups, 90 - day password changes, setting max and min age, creating list of unmask permissions for users
- Wrote Bash scripts to automate day to day activities
- Used command line and advanced command options in Red Hat Linux and also includes updating patches in all Linux servers
- Provided support and management for Amazon EC2 AWS infrastructure
- Worked with SCRUM & Agile development teams to deliver products & service in time
- Worked with development team on new projects to gather system requirements and support for new projects evolving, testing and rolling out new products and services to preproduction, staging and then migrating project into production
- Installed and monitored VMware servers with multiple VM's
- Monitored applications using Nagios and Splunk
Environment: Linux, VMWARE, Apache Tomcat, Web Servers, AWS, Splunk, Nagios
System Engineer (Intern)
- Generating the Test scenarios and Test cases using VB scripting in UFT
- Generation of Regression Test cases for the existing application.
- Created comprehensive JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes and used for ticketing defects as and when they occur.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration infrastructure and automated releases to DEV/TEST/STG/PROD environments.
- Involved in formulating test Summary Report.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression and System Integration.
- Conduct Internal Test Case Peer Reviews.
- Participated in Daily Scrum Meetings.
- Prepared RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix).
- Participated in weekly status meetings with the team, developers to discuss open issues and communicating with onsite team.
- Prepared UFT web driver test cases for automating the testing procedure.
- Involved in the preparation of hybrid framework for web driver test automation.
- Preparation of automation tests using the selenium JUNIT /TestNG frame work.
- Debugging the tests & fixing the error in the tests using the eclipse.
- Used WAF and Web API for Frame Work Development.
- Development of Hybrid Frame Work test case for automation testing using UFT platform.
- Performed Data driven testing with in UFT Test Tool.
Environment: Selenium, C#, Visual Studio, HTML, Java, Excel, J2EE, JIRA, ANT, AWS, Eclipse, JDBC, Agile, MySQL, Jenkins