- Around 6 years of IT industry experience in Linux/Unix administration, DevOps which includes a strong experience in the areas of Monitoring, Configuration Management, Build, Deploy, and Automating using different tools.
- Administered Linux RedHat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, CentOS 5.x, 6.x and 7 servers by testing, tuning, upgrading, patching and troubleshooting both physical & virtual server problems.
- Having experience in the design and implementation of CI/CD and DevOpsprocesses for Agile projects.
- Experienced in working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, and Docker Registry Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Good knowledge on TCP/IP, Networking Routing Protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IP services (QoS, NAT etc), Telephony, L2/L3 VPNs, Security and Firewalls.
- Setup Internet load balancing on Multiple ISP, Firewall, Port forwarding, IP routing using IPTABLES.
- Experience in working with different build automation tools like Jenkins and Maven to achieve End - to-End Automation and Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
- Administered tasks like taking backups, expanding file system disk space, creating NFS mounts.
- Experience in using build and Automation tools like Maven and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & jar from source code.
- Experienced in shell scripting using Bash, Perl, Ruby and python to automate system administration jobs.
- Experience in implementing and migrating and deploying workloads on Azure VM.
- Experience in various configuration and automation management tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Hands on experience in source code management, branch creation & repositories management using GIT, SVN.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS and projects using Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Excellent skills in Linux Shell/Python scripting and good C programming experience.
- Have wide knowledge and experience of software and deep understanding of computerarchitecture, operating system, software development full cycle, process and methodology.
- Experience in creating the company's Devops strategy in a mix environment of Linux servers along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Creating new instances in AWS environment. Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Good Knowledge on AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, S3, ELB, Cloud Watch, RDS, IAM, VPC) and managing security groups on AWS.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Experience working Data Center’s managing servers, SAN and NAS devices like HP, Cisco, EMC and HDS devices.
- Having strong problem solving, and debugging and interpersonal skills with excellent understanding of system development metrics, techniques and tools
- Highly adaptable in quickly changing technical environments with excellent organizational and analytical skills and always inclined to learn new technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with ability to workindependently as well as in a team environment.
Platforms: Linux and UNIX, iOS, Android, Solaris, Windows
OS Administration: RedHat 5.X 6.X, 7.X Linux administration, Solaris 9, 10.
Scripting Tools: Bash, Python, Power Shell
Version Control tools: Subversion, GIT
Build/Automation Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Nexus, Artifactory, Ansible.
Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP
Monitoring: Nagios, HP Monitoring Tool
Web Servers: WebLogic, Web Sphere, Tomcat, JBoss, Apache
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment frameworks from code to deploy using Jenkins.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Open Stack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, and fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company. •
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Experience in Windows Azure Microsoft's cloud-based application platform for developing, managing, and hosting applications off-site.
- Created Containers in Docker.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing Docker images to the Nexus repository.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drive status.
- Written automation scripts for Ansible and in house custom AWS framework.
- Administer CI/CD (Jenkins, Ansible) tools stack administration and maintenance.
- Setup and Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI & CD) Process stack using AWS, GITHUB/GIT, Jenkins and Ansible. Created branches, performed merges in version control systems Git.
Environment: AWS, EC2, S3, GIT, Subversion, Azure, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Nagios, CloudWatch, Shell Scripting, Python Scripting, Apache Tomcat.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Responsible for the implementation, administration and maintenance of REDHAT Enterprise Linux
- Having a knowledge on Administering Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Created various modules and manifests in Puppet.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and implemented the setup for master slave architecture.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environment
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in Automation deployment team working with Puppet.
- Deployed J2EE applications to the servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Built a new CI pipeline. Testing and deployment automation with Docker, Jenkins, and Puppet
- Good understanding of Amazon Web services(AWS) like EC2, S3, Ops Works, Cloud Formation etc
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations
- Working knowledge of IBM websphere MQ and experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Interfaced with business analysts, developers and technical support to determine the best requirement specifications
- Worked closely with other team members to plan, design and develop robust solutions in a timely manner.
Environment: Tortoise SVN, Java/J2EE, Jenkins, OpenStack, Python, Chef, Perl, Shell Script, ANT, Maven, Tomcat, Nexus, JIRA.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Linux Admin/Devops Engineer
- Worked on network implementation as in TCP/IP DHCP, SIP, NTP, IPV6, and RTCP based implementation
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File system on Linux servers.
- Performed server rack mounting and managed /retired old rack optimized servers
- Deployed Puppet agent, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Creating profiles in puppet and pushing them across all the servers in Unix and Linux environment
- Wrote Shell Scripts to check the security setting of the server and changing the server settings
- Installation and configuration of tomcat and Apache Web Server
- Supported server activities, middleware installation and deployment activities via chef.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all Build and deployments.
- Configuring IP connectivity, routing, checkpoint firewall and network interfaces. Also maintaining network connectivity of servers.
- Implemented Network File System (NFS) for file sharing and network installation
- Responsible for backup of all servers and recovery of all servers
- Managed Storage Area Networks (SAN). Managed nodes running under SAN environment through HACMP
- Creating a list of Umask permission for various users and troubleshooting, Patching, Upgrades and Back-ups when required
- Tracking the Application Work flow in the Back end which are running on Oracle DB
- Built Linux servers for creating new Dev/Test Environments for application servers
- Worked on Apache, DNS, SSH, Telnet, FTP services
- Documenting the Application Process and Procedures
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Jenkins, Apache, Shell scripting, Git, Puppet, Chef.
- Scheduled jobs, managed system routine backup, enabled system logging and network logging, Cron jobs and network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Execute performance as advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Unix/Linuxcomputing environment, including both virtualized and physical servers.
- Installed and configured Logical Volume Manager - LVM and RAID.
- Configured various services, devices as well as applications of UNIX servers and worked with application team to customize the environment. Worked with Apache and developed several UNIX scripts to automate web tasks.
- Provided technical support by troubleshooting issues with various Servers on different platforms.
- Use LDAP to authenticate users in Apache and other user applications.
- AdministeredLinuxserversforseveralfunctionsincludingApache/Tomcatserver,mailserverand MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Provided system administration support for Red Hat /CentOSLinuxand physical servers
- Worked on version control usingGithubandon automating builds using Jenkins.
- Worked on programming languages Java and python.
- Created and maintained users, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Apache, Shell scripting, Git, LVM, LDAP