- Over 6 years of experience in IT industry comprising of DevOps Engineer compromises of DevOpsBuild/Release Management, pivotal Foundry and Cloud Managementand in Design, Coding, Porting, Troubleshooting, Testing andDeployment of web based applications primarily using Java, JEE based technologies, open source frameworks onUNIX, Linux, platforms.
- Expertise in AWS Resources like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Security Groups.
- Experience in optimizing volumes, EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances and created alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Experience in working on source control management tools like GIT (GitHub), Subversion (SVN) and creating GIT repositories with specified branching strategies
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts such as war from source code.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache HTTP, SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, Security Management & Security trouble shooting skills
- Experience on working with various OS like Linux (Red hat, Ubuntu, CentOS), UNIX, Windows
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins.
- Configured and administered Jenkins for automated builds Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
- Expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Bash, Python and Shell scripts.
- Rapid provisioning and configuration management for Ubuntu using Chef on AWS platform
- Installed and Configured Chef Server, Workstation, Client servers and nodes, written several recipes, cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations
- Experience in Designing, Installing and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications
- Hands on experience in using configuration management tools Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Knowledge in Virtual servers including Docker, Vagrant environments.
- Worked on migration project of moving current applications in traditional datacenter to AWS.
- Good understanding of Open shift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters
- Experience creating pods and clusters in Kubernetes and deploy those using Open Shift.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Familiar with designing and deploying container - based production clusters using Docker.
- Experienced with Docker container service. Creating Docker files, Docker Images & Containers
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Docker for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployment.
- Experience on working with on-premises network, application, server monitoring tools and on AWS with Cloud Watch monitoring tool.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile, Waterfall Methodologies
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web end application servers like WebLogic and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with configuration and monitoring distributed and multi-platform servers using Chef in AWS Cloud Environment.
- Experience in using ticketing tools like JIRA, Service now, Remedy and Open ALM.
- Hands on experience (Knowledge) on performance monitoring tools like App-Dynamics, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation and Services Related to AWS.
- Worked with multiple teams in heterogeneous environments in implementing integration projects.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills, Good documentation skills.
- Have been part of a huge team that consisted of developers, analysts and support technicians, so can effectively communicate amongst teams and save time and prioritize projects.
Operating Systems: Windows98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LINUX.
Source Control Tools: SUBVERSION, CLEARCASE, GIT AND PERFORCE
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, AUTOSYS, MAKE, CHEF, PUPPET, GRUNT and GRADLE
CI Tools: HUDSON, JENKINS, CRUISECONTROL, ANTHILLPRO and BUILD
Repositories: NEXUS, ARTIFACTORY
Languages: C, C++, SHELLSCRIPTING, PERLSCRIPTING, PYTHON, SQL, JAVA/J2EE
Tracking Tools: JIRA, REMEDY, CLEARQUEST, BUGZILLA
Web Servers: WEB LOGIC, WEBSPHERE, APACHETOMCAT, JBOSS, DOCKER
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, IAM, SNS, RDS, EDS, CLOUD, WATCH, CLOUD, FOUNDATION, AWSCONFIG, S3, CLOUDTRIAL, VMWARE
Databases: ORACLE, SQLSERVER, HADOOP, MYSQL, DB2
Confidential, Newyork, NY
Sr. DevOps Engineer/AWS could engineer
- Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMware as required in the environment.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and also managed network security using Security Groups, and IAM. I ve being used the pivotal Foundry Cloud.
- Worked on AWS ELB and configure the auto scaling as per the application user traffic and managing the multi - tier and multi-region architecture using AWS Cloud Formation.
- Involved in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments and worked on AWS lambda with Amazon kinesis.
- Automate operations processes using lambda, CloudWatch Events, Schedules.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience with Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Developed several playbooks using Ansible and deployed the applications/services on the client hosts.
- Worked on Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using YAML linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible.
- Managed chef cookbooks to automate the system operations and installed chef role-based applications like Tomcat, Apache and Nginx.
- Setup and maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes within Azure environment. Good understanding on Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Worked with Chef to aid with deployment process and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Understanding of infrastructure automation using Docker and Chef for kitchen testing.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Server, Puppet-Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Performed Continuous Integrated Delivery (CI and CD process) using Jenkins and performed Build/Release/SCM/DevOps engineer duties
- Administration of Continuous Integration tool in Jenkins. Create and configure new jobs for each and every application in Jenkins based on technology stacks.
- Worked with build environment such as Jenkins, container management systems such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Used Ant, Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed automation scripts using bash and python.
- Managed Version Control Subversion (SVN) and GitHub Enterprise and Automated current build process with Jenkins with proposed Branching strategies to accommodate code in various testing cycles.
- Used to test the state of different services using Nagios Monitoring tool.
- Used and Administered Continuous Integration tools Jenkins, Bamboo. Built, configured and supported Application team environments. Maintained and upgraded Jira issue tracker, Crucible code review tool.
- Managed and maintained TFS server. Customize Work Items, Process Templates, Build Definition Templates and TFS Reports Experience Installing, configuring and upgrading WebLogic, Tomcat & JBoss application server.
- Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, Cent OS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
Environment: AWS, RHEL, Docker, Puppet, Apache Web Server, Tomcat, Open shift, Apache, Networking, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Lambda, Kubernetes, JFrog, Ansible, Python, Maven, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Cloud Watch, Packer, Jenkins, Linux, Jira
Confidential, San Roman, CA
- Configured various plugins to the continuous integration process which greatly helped in the project management.
- Assisted in developing Tables, Triggers, Views, stored procedures and updating the SQL server database and optimized SQL server stored procedures using joins and indexes.
- Primarily worked on IDE's like Eclipse and Net beans and have configured eclipse with Ant and Maven Scripts.
- Implemented various new functionalities in to build script which greatly supported in project management like SONAR.
- Used Jenkins for the continuous integration process and assisted in the code coverage and analysis by generating reports.
- Implemented Artifactory, SonarQube and Jenkins to support various internal projects of Cisco and automated the build process thereby making the process easy and less time consuming.
- Handle customer support issues with teams running builds, debug artifact issues with build and artifact management systems
- Responsible for driving the enhancement and automation of our continuous integration and delivery toolsets offered.
- Evangelizing DevOps best practice and facilitating adoption of DevOps methodologies across teams.
- Creation and maintenance of a DevOps monitoring and alert system
- Technical GoTo regarding all things CI/Build and Artifact management (Design, implementation, execution, evaluation)
- Integration tests, Integration trouble shooting and error debugging.
- Automated web application testing with Jenkins and Selenium.
- Tested and deployed the application on Tomcat Application Server.
Environment: XML, ANT, Maven 2, Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, Sonarqube, SVN, UNIX, Linux, Tomcat Application Server
Build and Release Engineer
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Worked on building data center with AWS. Installed SVN, GIT, Jenkins images on AWS.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Automating builds and deployments using ANT scripts and Perl/shell scripts.
- Using ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Managed build results in Udeploy and deployed using workflows in Udeploy.
- Maintain and track inventory using Udeploy and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modeled the structure for multi - tiered applications orchestrate the processes to deploy each tier.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Created Branches, and performed Merges in Source Tree & Stash
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process
- Worked on building data center with AWS. Installed SVN, GIT, Jenkins images on AWS.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments
- Very strong Project Management experience performing ITIL RM /SCM activities.
- Worked with customers, developers, testing, product management and support staff.
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
Environment: Solaris, Linux, Eclipse, C++, Java, Perl, Chef, ClearCase 6.0, ClearQuest 2003, AWS, Bash, NT Command Shell.
Build and Release Engineer
- Creation of Build &Release Plan, collection, analysis & presentation of Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Worked as a Build/Release/Deployment/Operations (DevOps) Engineer with good understanding of the principals.
- Hands on experience in setting up DevOps pipeline for solutions involving containers and orchestration.
- Installed, Configured and administered Oracle WebLogic Server 10.0 MP1,10.0 MP2, 11g and Webservers like Apache in Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Initiate automated builds using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) to successfully deploy the files.
- Experience in managing cluster in Cassandra
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile methodologies
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Code Repositories, views and the access control strategies using the available tools.
- Good Knowledge of container and cluster orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes
- Development and maintenance of Virtual Machine (VM) and Container images for cloud - based solutions
- Maintained all the versions of code using VSTS repositories
- Knowledge on Java Server pages (JSP), Java Server Faces (JSF), Java Message Service (JMS)
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on Vagrant and Chef for a wide range of server types and application tiers, including Elasticsearch and other available tools
- Developed some modules using C# and have working knowledge on some programming languages like Java, vb.net C, C++.
- Familiarity with cloud environment (vCAC, AWS, EC2, OpenStack, Rackspace, etc.).
- Experience setting up private cloud using OpenStack and using it.
- Hands on experience in using Elastic container services / Azure Container Services
- Experience designing, setting up from scratch, and scaling continuous build, integration and deployment process from dev to production multiple times a day using tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, Nexus, maven, Ant, rpm and pop
- Experience in data management tools like Splunk, ELK.
- Understanding of multiple interpreted and/or compiled programming languages for large scale analysis (Python)
- Fluency in scripting languages like ruby, python and bash
- Responsible for all Team Foundation Server related activities, creating build definitions, Branching and merging strategy.
- Helped in migration the existing MYSQL and ORACLE databases to the cloud using AWS Database Migration service and schema conversion
- Written scripts in terraform when required and Parser files of complexity when required
- Experience with provisioning configuration management, and containerization solutions such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Mesos or similar technologies
- Experience with developing and securing applications against Data pipeline/routing technologies in large scale environments.
- Experience in making the risk analysis by various monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk -etc.- Build release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Python Scripting and PERL
- Experience in building highly available platforms running in production handling no downtime rollouts
- Experience using Splunk.
- Used google cloud integrated cloud service.
- Deployed and managing many servers utilizing both traditional Microsoft Azure and with the Chef Platform configuration system.
- Setup and maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes within AWS environment. Good understanding on Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Enabled Global Security and configured Federated Repositories with Active Directory
- Experience fixing the release issues which are raised during the deployment
Environment: Chef, Splunk, Python Scripting, PERL, fixing the release issues, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, configuration management tasks, Cassandra, ELK, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, Elastic container services / Azure Container Services, Terraform, DevOps pipeline, containers and orchestration.