- Over 8+ years of significant experience in the software industry with expertise in Software Quality Assurance. Experienced Techno - functional Business professional focused on furthering my career in Quality assurance.
- Experienced in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA Testingstrategy for Web based and Client/Server applications using Automation testing and manual testing.
- Good Experience in every phase of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent understanding of QA methodologies.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Specialized in testing of Web application, Mainframes and Client-Server applications.
- Specialized in testing on WINDOWS, MAINFRAMES and UNIX environments.
- Key expertise includes testing & debugging GUI & Multi-Applications environment & automated testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in automation and manual testing of websites and web-based clients using Selenium, Junit, TestNG and Selenium Web Driver.
- Experienced in making Data Driven and Keyword Driven and Maven/Ant Frameworks to maintain Test Suites.
- Experience in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Ant/Maven.
- Experience with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking and reporting.
- Experience in creating Test Strategy, Test Plans and Test Cases, Test Estimation, Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Experience in Smoke Testing, backed end Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Experience inFunctional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing and Validating WSDL using SOAP UI tool.
- Proficient in Web service testing using SOAP UI tool, SOAP, XML and expert in reading WSDL.
- Expert using open source bug tracking tool JIRA, Spira and Bugzilla.
- Experienced glove with Real-Time Virtual Reality for controlling physical devices
- Experience in both Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle -SDLC) and Agile Project Environment.
- Experienced using Web-debugging tool like Fire Path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical and computation skills, enthusiastic learner, confident, sincere and committed.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver 3.0, QTP (UFT 12.5), Test Link 1.9, Cucumber.
Languages: JAVA, Java Script, HTML, XML, CSS, JSON
Test Framework: JUnit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven.
Web Debugging Tool: Xpath, Firepath, Firebug, Webdebugger
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Web services: Soap UI, Rest full.
Processes: Agile: Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC)/ ALM 12.5, Bugzilla 7.4&Spira.
Source Version Control Tool: SVN, GIT.
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8), Mac.
Confidential - Little Rock, AZ
Sr Automation tester
- Developed and executed scripts for mobile automation of Android and IOS app using Appium and Selandriod.
- Developed automated suites for web-based application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and executed scripts using Real Android devices and Emulators and IOS Simulators.
- Identify the elements using UI Automation viewer in Appium to inspect element in mobile application.
- Creating Cucumber BDD (Behaviour-Driven Development) framework and automating BDD Scenarios in Eclipse using Java.
- Testing Native APP for iOS and Android.
- Worked as QA team member works with VR devices and applications including those we showcased in Confidential application.
- Performed Manual Testing of Web & Mobile Web application and automated by using Selenium.
- Created and executed SOAP UI Scripts for the Web Services testing.
- Configure the JIRA workflow for the project for improvement processes for screens, workflow procedures and reports of applications as per business requirement.
- Wrote test automation scripts in Selenium Web Driver using Java, JUnit and Testing.
- Worked on Selenium Data-Driven Framework with Core Java programming.
- Conducted Web application GUI testing for functionality, consistency, error handling, and performance.
- Used Selenium IDE to record and playback every action for test case verification.
- Used XPath, CSS Selector, ID, Name locators are used to identify objects.
- Testing the Web Services through Rest Assured (JAVA).
- Building automation framework.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Tested the UI of the product on mobile, PC, Android and Apple platforms to ensure that language translation and currency conversions were displaying as required
- Analyzed the Crash reports on various mobile platforms and reported the defects.
- Participated in test case review sessions to ensure the 100% requirement coverage to perform various types of testing such as Functional, GUI, Interface, System and Integration, Back end, Security, Smoke/Sanity testing etc.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, SOAPUI, Maven and Jenkins.
- Used GitHub as a version control managements system for the automation scripts and also used Git to update repository.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, unexpected event handling.
- Conducted code reviews and ensured code standards were followed among Automation team
- Used Traceability Matrix to find the missing functionalities for testing and covered with automation.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model
- Involved in development of Data Driven Test Framework and Page Object Model framework using Selenium WebDriver, Maven and TestNG/JUnit.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver
Environment: Java, iOS, Android OS, BlackBerry OS, Windows OS, iPhone, iPad, XML, JIRA, SQL Server, JIRA, Java, Appium, Junit, Maven, Eclipse, XML, Agile, Quality center, GitHub.
Confidential - Madison, WI
Sr. Selenium Tester
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Procedures using Business requirements documented Functional requirements document of the system.
- Used cucumberfor the entire regression testing and functional testing with Selenium as primary tool to the Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test conditions identified.
- Using Jenkins for nightly build execution and sending status mail if build fails to QA team.
- Involved in development of Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Maven and TestNG.
- Developed Selenium scripts in TestNG for parameterization using Data Provider annotation.
- Involved in acceptance testing using Cucumber.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium WebDriver and Testing.
- Developed automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and Testing
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front-end using Selenium (IDE and Web Driver) & created Data Driven framework using TestNG.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Worked with Java to use Selenium-WebDriver API library to write automation scripting with Cucumber Feature. Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver using Java programming Language.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Responsible for implementation of Data Driven Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, Testing and Maven technologies under Java platform
- Involved in Automation of the test cases using Selenium Web Driver, Junit and Ant.
- Prepared and Execution of test scripts using Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Used ANT/TestNG to build and run the Selenium WebDriver automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed web services testing using RESTful and did lightweight data-interchange using JSON.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Extensively used LISA middleware testing tool to test JAVA middleware applications.
- Built effective test data covering all possible scenarios and added in datasheets for LISA Testing.
- Built the SQL logic in the LISA tool for automating the test efforts.
Environment: s: Selenium, IDE, RC Web Driver, Perl 5.6, Perl Debugger, Slick Edit, Maximo 7.5, My Eclipse, JIRA, MySQL, Oracle, Java, JIRA.
Confidential - Baltimore, MD
Test Automation Engineer (Selenium)
- Primary responsibilities included running through tests manually, and also leveraging automated test tools (Visual Studio with Selenium).
- Used Selenium IDE and Firebug to identify element locator.
- Developed Modular Framework for Selenium Scripts.
- Developed Selenium RC Scripts using Java and TestNG.
- Used Selenium IDE and Firebug for identifying element locators.
- Execute Test cases usingSeleniumandJava.
- Developed Selenium RC Scripts using java and Junit covering all requirements for enhancements.
- Created Selenium Test cases with Junit Test case frame work using page library.
- Developed ANT scripts to automate Build Process for running Regression Scripts.
- Used Selenium Grid to run tests on multiple platforms in parallel.
- Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing.
- Worked on Designing and executing the automation scripts using Selenium.
- Experience using Selenium WebDriver to drive web UI tests.
- Performed Build Acceptance Testing (Smoke Test) for every build release to QA using Selenium Scripts.
- Coordinated with technical support associates to fix proprietary software issues.
- Created manual test cases, reviewed with different stakeholders to validate the functionality.
- Attend the BRI (Business Requirement Identification) meeting to understand the business Requirements.
- Edited and debug tests using Selenium Participated in meeting, teleconferences walk through with the development team, QA manager and Project manager (PM).
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases, Test Scripts to perform Functionality, Integration, SystemTesting and Regression Testing.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Integration, System, End-to-End, Regression, and User Acceptance Test (UAT) Testing of Web-based and JAVA applications.
- Involved in Batch/Interface testing with interface partners like MMIS, KDOL, AVS, LIS, DDS, SSA etc. to get the accurate response regarding eligibility determination
- Extensively used Batch Job tools including JENKINS/ Control M Automation Workload Tool to run the batch jobs (Run, Hold, Schedule the Batch Jobs and Monitor batch jobs)
- Used Rational Clear quest to log and track the defect.
- Performed database/backend testing using SQL queries.
- Work as a team lead for Reviews Module as an Accenture counterpart to test the all the business functionality as per the requirement.
- Maintain execution/defect tracking sheet up-to date to have a clear picture.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, MVC, SOAP UI, Quality Center, Firebug, Firepath, XPATH, XML, DOM, SVN, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL and Windows.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, and data mapping requirement specifications interacting with client, developers and QA team.
- Created and implemented Test Plan and Test Strategy Document outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for functional, regression, user acceptance and stress testing.
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Developed Selenium test cases using Junit framework
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and Junit functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Run script as a batch file through ANT and generated testing report.
- UsedCucumberautomated testing to test new and existing functionality.
- Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting. Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Testing and Configuring EDI applications EASI 850, 810, 840.
- Tested billing systems of EDI and EPIC Resolute.
- Implemented Data-Driven test to verify the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Defect testing and exploratory testing/Ad-hoc testing was performed after each build.
- Performed UI testing, Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Used SOAP UI tool to located the WSDL file on the internet, create test cases, and execute test cases.
- Worked with source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Worked closely with development and project management teams for effective defect management and verify resolved bugs and track enhancements made to product.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using JIRA.
- Provided back end testing for data validation using SQL on Oracle.
- Extensively executed SQL Queries on database tables to verify the database.
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries.
- Worked with developer to reproduce the bugs and to resolve usability issues during UAT.
- Created Regression Document to track and report testing activities during each phase of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status, performance baselines.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Junit, Ant, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Jira, SVN, Eclipse IDE, SQL, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential - Sunnyvale, CA
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document, put input in Test Plan and prepared detailed Test Cases for new functionality.
- Associated with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Developed Test Plan, Test cases, test scenarios, expected results and prioritized tests
- Wrote test cases, test conditions and test scripts in MS-Excel and exported to Quality Center
- Tested New Features and their impact on existing functionality before each release.
- Conducted Functionality testing during various phases of the application.
- Executed the test cases and compared the expected results with actual results
- Performed various types of testing including functional, system integration, smoke and regression testing for the release.
- Documented problems found during test on the Quality Center system and communicated recorded problem to the responsible QA Manager.
- Involved in maintenance releases for third party applications.
- Tested application on Mac OS(Safari), Windows XP, Vista, Win 7.
- Prepared application workbook for the beneficial of newly joined team member.
- Involved in writing high level scripts.
- Resource Planning, Estimation, Scheduling Tasks among Team members, Review of Bug Tracking and Analysis.
- Worked closely with the Business team to fully understand the scope and functionality of each application
- Derived Test Plans and Test Cases for several applications after discussion with the Application BA’s and Manager.
- Implemented Agile/Scrum methodology on small and medium projects to fast pace the project life cycle.
- Took active role of User Stories on Daily Sprints and represented QA Team.
- Extensively worked on Quotes, Submissions and Requirements for the various Carriers.
- Tested the Application in Test, Dev and Production environments and raised the defects.
- Actively worked QA Teams and updated Project Leaders on Test Process and Evaluation of defect Reports.
- Communicated Defects and Bugs that came up during the testing of the application in each testing phase and raised an issue ticket in the SPARCS defect tracking tool.
- Ensured that the Issues listed in SPARCS were successfully resolved by communication with concerned managers
- Trained UAT Users, Stake holders on concurrent Projects and Enhancement change requests.
- Analyzed business requirements, documented business requirements specifications, wrote Test Plans, Test Cases.
- Worked with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium RC andSelenium IDE.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing, environment using Selenium RC.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Prepared traceability matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Prepared required documentation for testing signoff by various parties as required by the project plans.
- Participated in weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Worked with source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN)& Git.
- Assigned, Monitored and Tracked Tasks of Team Members.
- Trained team members regarding the application so that newly joined team members can come up to the speed and start working.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in Mercury Quality Center.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage in the Quality Center.
- Debugged the test scripts, created batch tests, verified the test results and reported the defects using Quality Center.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Performed back end testing on oracle database by writing SQL quarries.
- Interacted closely with developers regarding defects, participated in tracking, reviewing and analyzing bugs.
- Worked extensively with business users to define scope and prepared ‘Documents of Understanding’ for various change requests by analyzing the feedback from user groups.
- Actively participated in status reporting meetings and interacted with development to discuss the technical issues.
- Regularly communicated with project managers, development managers, release managers and developers to ensure comprehensive test planning and execution.
- Reviewed requirements and specifications and provided input during requirements and specification walkthroughs.
- Analyzed system requirements specifications, developed test plans, test cases, and test data for testing the functionality, GUI, usability, user acceptance tests with both Positive and Negative Scenarios, especially focused on logical scenarios of the application.
- Created and updated test cases in Excel sheets and generate Traceability Matrix.
- Created and executed SQL queries against Oracledatabase compared the results and analyzed discrepancies.
- Manually performed back end testing by writing SQL queries.
- Used Quality Center to define requirements, design test steps, run as test set, report, track and close bugs.
- Executed test cases compared with expected values and pass/fail reports updated through Quality Center.
- Involved in UAT Testing and Used Quality Center to report bugs.
- Participated in bug triage meetings with developers to validate the severity of the bug and responsible for tracking of the testing life cycle.
- Maintained close and strong working relationship with teammates and management staff.
- Worked with development teams investigated and corrected software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
- Involved in developing test methodologies, test plans and manual test cases for the application and prepared UAT test Plan.
- Communicated with Manager, Team lead daily for testing efforts and sent Status Reports as needed like Daily and Weekly.
- Performed Functional testing manually.
- Involved in performing extensive back-end testing to make sure data is properly reflected on the web Application.
- Executed the test cases manually and automation as necessary and worked on XML.
- Used Quality Center as a defect management tool.
- Performed Manual Testing and regression testing activities for new releases as an end-to-end testing on Different platforms like windows with different web browsers.
- Responsible for documenting errors, their resolution, as well as performing extensive Regression Testing.
- Involved in weekly walkthrough and inspection meetings to verify the status of testing and to discuss defect and like scenarios.
Environment: Manual Testing, QTP, Quality Center, HTML, DB2, SQL Server, Windows XP, UNIX, MS Outlook.