- 9+ years of experience in Manual & Automation testing in all stages of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expertise in domain technologies like E - Commerce, Financial, Insurance, and Health Care.
- Expertise in designing and developing Hybrid Automation Framework with different patterns like data driven, Modular, UI Mapping and Page Object pattern. Also used Java design patterns like Factory pattern in framework creation.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, CodedUI, Ranorex, Katalon, HTTP Client and Appium to develop Automation test scripts.
- Experience working with REST API Automation frameworks based on Java, TestNG and Cucumber.
- Strong in Automation using DevTest/Rest Assured framework.
- Good knowledge on Maven, Jenkins and Docker for Continuous build and Integration.
- Exposure to Selenium and defect tracking tools-HP Quality Center/ALM, Bugzilla, JIRA, TFS, Rally.
- Extensive experience testing web services (SOAP and REST) using SoapUI and browser based plugins like Postman for REST APIs.
- Experience developing Test Scripts using automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG, Junit, Ranorex, Docker, Jenkins and Apache POI using patterns like Page Object, Data Driven testing, UI Mapping and Java Design patterns.
- Experience in JMeter test script recording and using different listeners and config elements.
- Expertise in Performance and Load testing with different protocols like Http, SOAP, JDBC using JMeter.
- Strong knowledge of Java, Selenium Suite, testing frameworks (TestNG and Junit).
- Experience in directly working with Customer under aggressive timelines. Adaptability to new skillsets as the resource will be utilized on cross technology.
- Experience in API testing in CA DevTest and Virtualize for API Test automation.
- Have done a POC to test Rest API’s using Node.js and Web Application Testing using Protractor (AngularJS).
- Ability to manage and track the Requirements through Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Experience working with MongoDB, Oracle SQL, SQL database and PL/SQL.
- Experience working with Git, SVN and CVS for repository management.
- Experience on Cassandra (No SQL), Hadoop and Java programming using selenium web drive.
- Knowledge in testing the process for Hadoop based application design and implementation.
- Experience in Health Care testing, FACETS product, EDI transactions.
- Experience working with shell scripting and Unix/Linux commands.
- Strong knowledge in preparing Test strategy, Test plan, Test methodology, Test scenarios, Test reporting with Defect analysis, Execution Analysis, Test cases and Test documents for both automated and manual testing based on User requirements, System requirements and Use case documents.
- Solid Knowledge about Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Software Test Lifecycle (STLC), (Waterfall Model, V model, Incremental Model) and Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- Executed Test Cases for Functional Testing, System Testing, Responsive Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing and Sanity Testing in Web based and Client/server applications.
- Experience in effectively planning, executing and monitoring the activities as per scheduled timelines.
- Attended and organized conference calls, project review meetings with essential plans and execution reports.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, Appium, Protractor, SoapUI, Postman, Ranorex, Egg Plant, Mercury QTP, HP ALM, Quality Center, JUnit, Cucumber, DBfit, Log4j, JMeter, Gatling, JIRA, Apache Kafka
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD, JBehave
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services, SoapUI, SOAtest
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, BugZilla, Visual Studio TFS, HP ALM, JIRA, Bamboo
Build/ CI Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Hudson, Travis CI, Codeship, Ant, Maven, CA DevTest
Databases: SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, DB2, Oracle Database 12c, MongoDB.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEConfidential, Bellevue, WA
- Lead the team of five QA Engineers in different remote areas. Oversee all the verification and validation activities of various Desktop, and Web Applications.
- Agile development - Organized and participated in daily scrum meetings to report daily progress of testing activities and Confidential planning for test planning activities.
- Extensively involved in full life cycle of software development process including requirements gathering, design, and coding, testing Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Develop test strategies to perform both output metrics validations to compare the data metrics calculated with the source and mapping validation to ensure the right transformations applied.
- Designed Framework for the automated testing of all builds in CI-CD Environment using Git and Jenkins.
- Experience on API test automation and Service Virtualization using DevTest and HP ALM.
- Develop and implement stress and performance test automation strategy for all applications.
- Automate tests for cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Developed and executed automation test scripts and REST Assured automation script for API Testing.
- Developed test scripts using Groovy for Data Driven Testing of SOAP Webservices using SoapUI Pro.
- Implemented in Java, backend connectivity to cloud basedMongoDBfor storage of data parcels used by Test Engine
- Experience in test case authoring, creating test plans, test suites using Microsoft Test Manager. Logging and tracking defects using Team Foundation Server.
- Familiar with data architecture including data ingestion pipeline design,HadoopInformation architecture, data modeling and data mining, machine learning and advanced data processing.
- Experience in end to end design, development, Maintenance and Analysis of various types of applications using efficientData ScienceMythologies and Hadoop ecosystem tools.
- Designed, Developed, and Documented test cases for Cloud, System, API, Web Services, Performance, Load, Database, Regression and Acceptance testing.
- Automate keytestcases for use by other teams in on-going regression / verification ofcloudenvironments.
- Used various queries to validate and populate data into a table. Developed Test cases and Test scripts to fully validate the functionality, and ensure that the application meets all the security and privacy requirements.
- Play an active role in the design, development, andtestingof application workflows in acloudenvironment
- Work withCloudOps team to tag and assess manualtestcases so they can be automated
- Prepare test data to execute the Informatica ETL jobs and load the data into target tables according to the requirements.
- Experience testing of ETL and message queue workflows and workloads, including such tools as Apache Kafka
- Performed Database Testing. Wrote Complex SQL queries to extract data from SQL Server tables, to verify the back-end data of the applications.
- Validated Web Services request and response XML using SoapUI tool
- Performed functional and regression testing using HP UFT QTP.
- Enhancing the QTP/UFT scripts by doingunit testingon the scripts before creating scenario based tests.
- Worked on execution of test cases in FUT/SIT/UAT and involved in creating test plan/strategy/summary report documents.
- Extensively used JIRA for overall Project Management, and Issue Tracking.
- Prepared Test Cases and Test procedures based on Business Requirements Document and executed them accordingly.
- Generated traceability matrix to map requirements, tests and defects.
- Coordinated actively with Technical peers, such as Developers, Project Managers, and Business/User groups.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Software QA Engineer
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing.
- Responsible for testing application front-end (user interaction modules), as well as back-end (Database and Web Services).
- Performed Black Box and Unit testing using Equivalence Partitioning analysis.
- Analyze the Business and System Requirement Document (SRS), explaining requirement to team members and review Test Cases, Test Strategy created by Team Members.
- Used Quality Center as Test Repository for Requirements, Test plans.
- Involved in providing the Testing Effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity.
- Extensively used LoadRunner, Performance Center, and Apache JMeterfor Load and Performance Testing Architecture.
- Created Automation test framework using Selenium.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (iOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Used Protractor which works in conjunction with Selenium to provide an automated test infrastructure that can simulate a user’s interaction with an Angular application running in a browser or mobile device.
- Used Firebug to identify Objects ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link Text etc., and also used Protractor to automate AngularJS.
- Expert in Finding Dynamic Web Elements using Selenium Selectors.
- Experience in Unit Testing for Java applications using TestNG.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Run tests by using Selenium remote control in different browsers.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Examine the results of test to pinpoint defects in the application.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox on different Operating Systems. (validation)
- Used JIRA for project management and bug reporting.
- SQL Queries for backend testing.
- Experience in POS testing using Egg Plant tool.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
QA Automation Engineer
- To Understand and validate how the healthcare measures - quality, utilization, cost etc. - are calculated from the healthcare data and enhance the product development.
- Reviewed user stories, prepared integration test cases and traceability matrix.
- Wrote and executed QTP/UFT scripts for functional, regression and integration testing.
- Formulated automated test scripts using QTP/UFT and VB scripting.
- Used Python to launch QTP/UFT scripts from command line for continuous integration testing.
- Prepared database test cases and traceability matrix.
- Involved in developing functional test Famework using Selenium RC and Selenium WebDriver, Java, Junit and TestNG.
- Worked with various to understand the business activities and application programs and document the understandings for internal team referencing.
- Good experienced in testing different healthcare ERP solutions such as FACETS, EPIC and other claim processing solutions used in Health Care industry.
- Maintained log of test results using Quality Center and generated reports for team discussions.
- Created test plans and test matrix, test effort sizing and walked through them with business and technical partners. Also created test cases and tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Reported bugs, prepared report, and worked with cross-functional teams.
- Tested data preparation, reviewed and executed automated scripts using QTPs.
- Handling different GUI objects like textbox, buttons, radio buttons, drop downs using Selenium RC. Worked on migration of automation from QTP to Selenium RC.
- Reported bugs through Clear Quest issue management system.
Software Test Engineer
- Determined test objectives through detailed analysis in order to automate features comprehensively.
- Developed, planned and implemented automated test cases based on software requirements and technical understanding, as well as developed and extended the current test automation infrastructure to be more efficient, both in execution and reporting.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation (Java/Junit).
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity
- Developed test scripts in Selenium for inserting records into oracle tables.
- Used SOAPUI (use of groovy script) for test data setup in Test Driven Development.
- Updated test cases and test scripts according to changed requirements as well as using QuickTestPro for regression testing.
- Identified software capability and reliability by conducting functional, system, and regression and performance tests.
- Documented and reported test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing data to development team.
- Assisted in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the development team.
- Worked with minimal supervision, whilst being responsive in a fast-paced development environment. Also, mentored others in software testing best practices.
- Designed the efficient manual test cases based on analysis of Business Requirements, Functional Specs, Technical design documents, Use Cases, Supporting documents.
- Understanding the business requirements and develop test cases to test the complete functionality of the application.
- Maintain Traceability Matrix to ensure all conditions are covered in the Test Cases.
- Executed Test cases and analyze the test results.
- Responsible for performing Ad-hoc, Sanity testing, Functional testing and Regression testing.
- Coordinating with onsite persons regarding documents, requirements and discussions about the functionality.
- Performed regression testing for each new built.
- Used Test Director to analyze and maintain test cases, which satisfy both Verification and Validation and Track bugs.
- Involved in running the scripts, modifying them if necessary and if there is some error in application then submitting a defect through Test Director.
- Involved in user acceptance testing & general site validations of web page objects such as HTML links & images.