- Resourceful and proactive Quality Assurance Engineer with over 6 years of IT experience encompassing a solid understating of technology and providing business solutions that enhance the individual and team productivity, for the desired objectives and achieve viable deliverables.
- Proficient in Analyzing Business/System requirements documents and use cases.
- Extensive experience in Automation testing, Black Box Testing (Functionality testing), Front End Testing (GUI Testing), Integration testing, System Testing and Regression Testing in Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Proficient in using testing tools such as Test Director Quality Center, Quick Test Professional
- Involved in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive experience in writing and executing manual and automated test scripts using Selenium IDE and Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Experience in analyzing functional specifications and writing detailed High Level Test plans, test estimations, test procedures, execution of test scenarios, and creation of test data for testing.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and also a collaborative team player
Operating Systems: MS Windows, MAC OS, UNIX, Linux
Databases: MS Access and SQL
GUI/Tools: MS Office Suite, and Visio
Languages Tested: HTML, CSS
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center, J IRA and Salesforce
Automated Testing tools: QTP, Selenium IDE, RC, Web - Driver
Configuration Tools: Visual Source Safe, Clear Case
Software Quality Engineer Lead
- Created and executed automated software test plans, cases and scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes. Led QA testing that:
- Prevented hundreds of thousands of dollars in erroneous charges to Florida Turnpike drivers by identifying software bug in automated toll-collection system.
- Pinpointed previously undiscovered flaw in new Aldera4.0 software system prototype, resulting in formal commendation letter from the Confidential .
- Identified the root cause of intermittent interoperability glitch Provider Portal software, leading to a no-fault audit finding.
- Transitioned software development efforts to a test-driven development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing in on the front-end of the development cycle for gains in code quality, software functionality and programmer productivity.
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues. Leveraged developer background to communicate effectively with software design team, quickly gaining their respect and becoming a valued, “go-to” team member on challenging test cases.
- Reviewed Functional Requirement Specifications and created test cases based on test scenarios drawn from functional requirements
- Worked with EDI files such as 834,837,820,270/271.
- Tested software in both Waterfall and Agile Development environments In the Agile development model (Scrum/Sprint), organized regression test suite and optimized the workflow testing from 14 complex test cases to 6 test cases when keeping all business scenarios covered. Jointly with other team members, reduced regression testing cycle from 3 days to 1 day
- Performed Positive testing and Negative testing.Extensively used Functional testing, Performance testing, and Regression testing.
- Performed functional, Cross Browser, and GUI testing using Java, Selenium WebDriver
- Tested Web Services using SOAP UI
- Performed Integration, Regression, UAT, and Functional testing
- Reported defects using Salesforce and interacted with developers to resolve defects/issues.
- Performed data validation using SQL
- Worked with OffshoreQATeam using test management tools such as JIRA, Salesforce, WebEx meetings, and SharePoint
- Complete understanding of Agile & Waterfall methodologies in SDLC.
- Write test script for an application, executed them through Manual testing.
- Thoroughly used Quality Center for writing and executing the test cases.
- Used QTP to design the various scripts. I also gave demo to management about how the application tested through the automation tool, and what are the other benefits to having the automation tool
- Have worked on four different tasks / applications within timely manner.
- Experienced with Cross Browser Testing.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL server management studio for verification and validation.
- Designed and executed various SQL queries using SQL server management studio.
- Attend defect review meeting on weekly basis.
- Held meetings with management and team players to discuss any priority issue to resolve.
- Review any issue occurred during Dev/QA/UAT & Production environments and log the defect.
- Prepared and walk through the UAT test script with end user.
- Write test cases and execute them on daily basis.
- Experience managing transactional E-Commerce releases and websites
- Reviewed test cases for requirements coverage, ambiguity, and completeness
- Setting up the Test Environment & creation of Test Data.
- Performed manual testing on different modules of the application.
- Played major role in performing Functional, Integration, Smoke, System and Regression Testing.
- Developed VBScripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP) and customized them for different applications so they remained effective and efficient.
- Performed web specific testing like Link checking, Browser page testing, Application Testing, Security testing and Database testing.
- Designed and executed various SQL queries on DB2 and Oracle.