- Having 12+ years of QA Experience in all phases of Software life cycle, including requirements gathering, risk analysis, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting of Web - based and Client/Server Applications.
- Around 4 years of experience in automation testing of web based applications using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Junit, Core Java.
- Strong knowledge in Software development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), QA and Development Methodologies.
- Expertise in testing the Web Applications, CRM- Siebel Applications, GUI applications, Java Applications, Client-Server Applications and Mobile Application Testing.
- Ability to understand Functional and Software Requirements Specification documents.
- Expert in the different types of testing that include System testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, Functional Testing, Compatibility Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing and Negative Testing.
- Familiar with the SDLCs: Waterfall, Spiral, Agile and/or Scrum, V-model and the effective integration of the quality assurance life-cycle(QALC)
- Domain knowledge on Telecom, Health Care, Retail and Insurance.
- Worked in automation tools QTP and Test Management tools Quality Center Familiarity with business process and ability to quickly understand the new methods and procedures.
- Strong experience in implementing Test automation framework in Page Object Model framework, Keyword driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid driven framework
- Worked with java API like Apache POI, Apache commons, TestNG, SAX parser, XML Parser & Robot API
- Performed testing on web services for the Provider Portal project which is based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using SoapUI tool & JIRA.
- Designed Test suites, that include features like GUI testing, Data Driven testing, Database testing for Client/Server, Web based Applications and Web services with SOAP Interfaces.
- Involved in testing web services and XML using ‘SOAP UI’ to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases & execute tests.
- Experience in developing, and executing test cases, test status and test result documents.
- Extensively used SQL, PL/SQL for backend testing and interfaces testing.
- Extensive experience in ETL process using Informatica Power Center.
- Tested Informatica interfaces from source to landing to stage and from staging to Target
- Extensive work experience in Designing test plans, defining test cases, generating and maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with other team members to debug the errors and etc.
- Good team player with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized weekly status meeting with the team and was responsible for meeting the project deadlines.
Automation Test Tools: Selenium Web Driver/RC/Grid, Quick Test Professional/ UFT
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, Jira, Enterprise Tester.
Software Applications: MS Office (WordPerfect, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project 2000 and Visio.
RDBMS: Oracle 7.x/8.0/8i/9i AS, DB2 7.1/7.3,MS-Access 98 and MS SQL Server 6.0/7.0
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/98/NT/95/XP/Server, UNIX, LINUX.
Confidential, Bothell WA
Sr. QA Engineer
- Involved in analysis, design and coding of different modules in test framework
- Planning, reviewing and executing test cases for new features introduced in each release.
- Developed Selenium Web driver test scripts to automate web browser testing
- Developed test scripts using Page Object Model and Data driven framework
- Running automation regression tests, analyzing the results and producing comprehensive automation test results reports
- Writing test data generation scripts for the automation and manual testing.
- Writing documentation for new automation testers training.
- Developed functional and Regression test scripts and executed for different releases
- Participating in SCRUM meeting, following Sprint cycles in Agile methodology
- Developed application in Eclipse IDE and deployed using ANT.
- Created XML, Object properties for test data
- Implemented web service clients to consume Rest based web services
- Used Log4j to generate logs during Test script execution
- Designed and created the database tables and wrote SQL queries.
- Bug/Issue reporting and tracking using Test management tool(Quality center/ALM)
- Conducting daily status meetings and Preparing MOMs.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Core Java, JIRA, JBOSS, Tomcat, HTML, CSS, XML, Log4j, ANT, Eclipse IDE, Oracle database, SQL, SVN,ALM, Agile methodology
Confidential, Jacksonville FL
- Developed software that helps to speed up quality delivery and reduces manual test effort
- Defines and documents strategies and plans for testing automation regression suite and future enhancements
- Developed Selenium scripts using keyword driven framework & Page Object Model.
- Involved in test automation framework development.
- Involved in Test data creation and Test data management
- Regular customer interaction on test Strategies, Test plans and resource utilization
- Review, audit and document feedback on work products and to ensure adequate level of quality
- Used Maven tool to build and deploy test suites
- Excellent Technical, Interpersonal and solid communication skills with the ability to interact with Business users
- Experienced in coordinating resources within Onsite-Offshore model
- Sound work experience in different software testing methodologies - Waterfall, V Model and AGILE METHODOLOGY
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared and stored in ALM.
- Worked closely with programmers and business analysts to resolve technical and functional issues.
Environment: Core Java, HTML, XML, Netbeans, JBOSS Application Server, Log4j, SOAP UI, Jenkins, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, ALM Maven.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Prepared detailed Test Plan & Test Cases by understanding the business logic & user requirements for Site Redesign project.
- Performed the web testing of the application for browser dependency applications.
- Testing of individual web pages and integration between the web pages.
- Represent QA in all phases (SDLC) of product development including requirement, design, c testing, implementation, code reviews and support.
- Active role in requirements review, functional document review, Testing review and key resource for UAT phase and production roll-out.
- Identified and Reported Defects by classifying them based on severity and priority.
- Interacted with SMEs and developers in resolving the defects.
- Involved in preparing the Test Cases.
- Performed Regression Testing on each build, to ensure that defects have not been introduced as a result of the changes made.
- Used SoapUI to test web services running on weblogic server.
- Extensively worked on SoapUI testing by placing assertions.
- Experienced in writing xpath and xquery to validate the SoapUI responses
- Responsible to test web services using SoapUI.
- Experience with testing SOA WSDL Services, Soap UI
- Working knowledge of Web Sphere Message Broker in SOA environment
- Performing negative testing for user administration features for different levels of users with different policies.
- Used SQL extensively for database queries.
- Used ALM for Tracking Defects in the system
- Coordinate client expectations to the offshore team and mentor offshore team to provide best testing solution for client needs.
Environment: Java, ALM/Quality Center, Enterprise Tester, Oracle, Toad, Windows XP.
Confidential, Rahway, NJ
- Extensive experience in System Testing, GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Database Testing and Performance Testing.
- Experienced in writing SQL Queries for backend testing to check the Data Integrity and Data Validity.
- Worked closely with Testing team and helped in testing the Informatica mappings, workflows and Teradata scripts
- Also worked on system requirements as well as business requirements interface and prepare test cases for integration testing and system testing.
- Involved in Integration, Regression, and User Acceptance Testing of Mappings
- Involved in fixing invalid Mappings, testing of Stored Procedures and Functions, Unit and Integration Testing of Informatica Sessions, Batches and the Target Data.
- Developed test cases to test the backend database by retrieving the data from the tables by using SQL.
- Developed SQL queries for Back-end testing/Database testing.
- Tested the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology
- Participated in daily scrum to triage the defect tracking process.
- Identified and tracked the slowly changing dimensions, heterogeneous Sources and determined the hierarchies in dimensions.
- Worked with Test Director as management Tool for Test Requirements, Test Plans, Test Case and Defect Tracking
- Involved in Performance tuning for mappings and sessions.
- Testing and validation of the developed Informatica mappings and Sessions.
- Defined the program specifications for the data migration programs, as well as the necessary test plans used to ensure the successful execution of the data loading processes.
- Involved in unit testing of the system.
Environment: Mercury quality center9.0, Informatica PowerCenter 8.1, SQL, PL/SQL, Teradata, Netezza, XML, Erwin, Oracle 9i, SQL Server, Shell Script, UNIX and Windows NT, SQL Navigator, Toad
Sr. Software Engineer
- Detailed study of the Software Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Involved in gathering business and functional requirements for the project by interacting Business and System Analyst.
- Analysis of business and functional requirements and development of project plan and strategies for Test Plan, Test Cases.
- Execute test cases and report bugs/error files.
- Provide daily execution status, milestone content and ensure structure of all the testing documents are in Share Point Tool.
- Walkthrough of test plan and test cases with Business and Application Developer.
- Co-ordination between offshore and onsite and escalation on any delay/issue.
- Responsible for executing the Test Cases using Quality Centre.
- Detecting bugs & Classifying them based on the severity.
- Participate in Defect call for status reporting and coordination with Business team & other IT groups for quick resolution of QA defects-issue
- Status reporting on daily basis and upload it on common server folder.
- Used Quality Centre extensively for maintaining requirements, creating traceability matrix and defect tracking purposes.
- Prepare Test summary report, Defect report, Test Execution status report and matrix data
Environment: ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, XML,SQL Server 2000, VB script, Quality Center, Windows NT/XP.
Confidential, Liberty Mutual, UK
Sr. Software Engineer
- Participated actively in requirements and design reviews and developed test plans for the automation projects.
- Created automated scripts using QTP tool in an AGILE environment.
- Implemented user defined VBS functions for handling exceptions, creating output excel reports, performing negative testing and other utility activities.
- Created Regression tests, Smoke tests, Database tests, Negative tests and Content tests for multiple applications. Quality of the applications & return of investment were significantly improved with these different tests being performed on all the applications Confidential Nationwide Finance.
- Conducted Load testing on web applications using Performance Center & Load Runner.
- Worked in an agile development environment. Responsibilities include attending daily standup meeting, updating the daily work on task cards, keeping automation scripts up to date for each iteration, executing regression scripts on a daily basis.
- Created automated smoke tests that navigates thru all the pages the application and made sure the application build was done properly. This helped significantly in detecting and fixing build errors early in the life cycle.
- Helped manual testing team by creating and executing automation scripts before system testing, for some of the more complicated functionality.
- DB Visualizer was used to extract data and create/edit SQL queries and table entries.
- Worked closely with the Project Management, leveraged between the Business and testing teams.
- Managing / tracking / documenting defects using Mercury Quality Center.
- Conducting code and quality reviews to make sure the same standards are followed across multiple application .
Environment: QTP 8.2, Quality Center, Vb script, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, XML,SQL Server 2000.
- Involved in writing test cases using requirements specification and solution design document.
- Executed test cases to verify actual against expected results.
- Defect management.
- Chasing people for defect resolution.
- Prepared and maintained traceability matrix.
- Acted as a point of contact regarding defect status / resolution for the Development team, QA team and the user community (clients).
- In charge of the defect tracking process, attending bug resolution meetings with the development teams and defect triage meetings with all the teams on the project.
- Defects were logged and reports were generated using EXCEL for daily defect resolution meetings.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionality.
- Worked with the QA / Development team for improving the testing methodology.
- Written and executed the Oracle queries and tested database values using TOAD.
Environment: Test director, Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET, C#, PL/SQL, T-SQL,ADO.NET, CSS, DHTML, XML, Java-Script, IIS 5.0/6.0, PL/SQL,SQL Server 2000, Windows NT 2000/2003/XP.
- Worked closely with Business Users to gather Requirements and prepare Business specifications Document.
- Thorough understanding of all the different phases of the SDLC, Testing Life cycle, including Static and dynamic testing.
- Performed Smoke Testing of the application as an entrance criteria for development builds
- Validated the functionality of Web applications.
- Responsibilities include developing requirements Document, developing and executing test cases, Designing test strategies and approach
- Worked with the development team to prioritize, assign and resolve bugs through efficient bug tracking.
- Designed and Developed bug databases for various ongoing projects. Complete responsibility for maintaining Bug Database.
- Experience in testing software for Windows Based applications
- Created several Change requests on all Releases and helped build release notes.
- Providing specifications to programmers on appropriate fixes for the various problems encountered.
- Implementing processes in order to increase quality of released products and creating a standard for automation of testing procedures.
- Involved in cross browser testing using Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer.
- Conducted system, integration, regression, Beta and UAT testing.
Environment: Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET, DHTML, XML, Java-Script, Quality Center, Windows NT 2000.