- Information Technology Professional with over 7 years of experience specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing (Manual &Automation), proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Bug Life Cycle and methodologies like Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Analyze Business/Functional requirements, User Stories to create Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Execution and Test Summary Reports.
- Participated in Walk through meetings and interacted with BAs and end clients for better understanding of the requirements.
- Experience in participating requirement analysis and code reviews.
- Creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing bugs, coordinating with development team and track the bug fixes till closure.
- Working closely with the Development Team, Business Analysts, Client and Project Managers during all phases of the Product Life Cycle.
- Implementation through Agile Methodology. Part of an active SCRUM team - regularly participating in Sprint Planning, Daily Stand up, Backlog refinement, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Extensive experience in testing User stories. Have been involved in estimation, identifying interface impact and discussing the risks with cross functional teams.
- Experience in Core Java and Object-Oriented concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections).
- Built Automation CI frameworks using (JUnit, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber and Jenkins) for web applications.
- Experienced in reading the test data from Excel spread sheets using JXL API and TEST NG Data provider.
- Working experience xPath, Firebug, FirePath, Log4j, Maven and TEST NG annotations.
- Experience in using Locators specific to XPATH, CSS, Selenium File upload process, Parameterization.
- Work with Junit libraries, TestNG, Handling Wait times, exceptions handling using Try --catch - block.
- Experience in handling Synchronizations, AJAX calls, Extend Classes, Handling different UI Objects.
- Develop Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis Test Results using Hybrid, Keyword Driven Framework and Data Driven Framework in Selenium.
- Use JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit and Functional testing, GitHub, Maven and Ant for project building, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Worked on Cross Browser and Cross Platform testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Providing required input data to request XML and get the required data from response XML and use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & GIT.
- Perform functional testing, unit testing, sanity testing, integration testing, smoke testing, system testing, regression testing, GUI testing, back-end testing, browser compatibility testing.
- Familiarity with basic UNIX, Linux operating systems.
- Skilled in performing load, stress and performance testing using Apache JMeter.
- Involve in test automation by using open source tools such as Junit, JMeter.
- Experience in testing database applications of RDBMS in Oracle, My-SQL and SQL Server by executing SQL Queries.
- Experience in database query manipulation, SQL, PL/SQL statements, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Perform full automation suite for every Release and analyzed the root cause of failed scripts.
- Organize and facilitated team member training sessions in each new application to implement process.
- Experience in planning, designing, developing and deploying testing strategies for Web based and Client Server Applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team.
Systems Engineer/ Quality Assurance Engineer
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in daily/weekly Scrum processes like Daily Stand up, Sprint Planning, Release Planning meeting, Sprint Backlog Refinement, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Bug Life Cycle and methodologies like Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Designed and developed test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Interacting with Business Analysts/Product Owner and Developers to understand the application architecture and recommend testing strategy.
- Discussed with team and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- prepared test strategies for client-side verifications and validations.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Performed manual testing for User Stories as per the Acceptance Criteria and creating Automation Test Scripts for User Stories.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suit.
- Implemented page object model (POM) using Selenium WebDriver, MAVEN, TestNG.
- Used Apache POI framework to read/write the data from/to excel sheets.
- Implemented Automation Framework with Data Driven, Keyword Driven & Selenium WebDriver (TDD & BDD) approach to develop automation scripts, develop Reusable Functions to be maintainable.
- Build a detailed, reusable, Script - free Keyword + Data - Driven framework for over 45% Test cases using Selenium WebDriver + TestNG.
- Used MAVEN to build and run the Selenium automation framework.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Maintained Automation scripts and responsible for code check-ins into GitHub.
- Configured Jenkins build jobs for Continuous Integration of source code from Repository and launch of Regression and Smoke Testing and sends automation build status mails to the team.
- Used TestNG Parameter, TestNG.xml and Data Provider for parameterization.
- Integrated Selenium automation regression test suite in Jenkins build pipeline.
- Used Log4J to implement logging feature in all the application modules.
- Mapped all the Requirements with the Test Cases using Requirement traceability matrix.
- Performed Database testing, wrote complex SQL queries, for Data Profiling, Data validation.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Jira and tracked them for closure.
- Prepared SOP Documents/User Manuals with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Used Unix Commands to access and trouble shoot Errors by accessing the Error Log files
- Performed debugging the failing tests, re-running the tests manually to re-produce the issue and filing a bug report.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users
- Trained new hired to speed up in assign project by sharing project level information.
Senior QA Analyst
- Analyzed business requirements and focused user experience of the existing web application and performed gap analysis to base the QA Test Strategy upon. Created Test Plan/Test cases, Use Case and Test Scenario by maintaining E2E flow of application.
- Applied various testing methodologies in test cases to cover all business scenarios for quality coverage.
- Manage life cycle of automation project involving in hosting the automation meetings, coordinating, gathering the automation requirements, defining the scope of automation testing.
- Developed the automated test script for regression test suite in an application by using Selenium tool.
- Created automation framework using Hybrid model framework and Data Driven framework to test web application. Thorough understanding of POM using page factory.
- Worked on Selenium WebDriver automation script in Java for cross browser testing. User testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross browser.
- Developed Selenium scripts to find, verify, select, edit and perform various operations on web elements. Used Select class to perform operations on the dropdown list.
- Developed scripts to navigate to various iframes and to handle multiple windows and performed operations on the web elements.
- Dealt with Accessing Links & Tables using Selenium WebDriver.
- Dealt with Ajax call in Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed operations on the database using JDBC APIs.
- Performed Structural Testing, Functional Testing and Non-functional Testing Database Testing
- Used Selenium WebDriver API with TestNG to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Setting the priority to the test cases using the TestNG framework.
- Performed browser (IE, FIREFOX, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/8/XP) compatibility testing in a virtual machine environment.
- Wrote Selenium script for taking a screenshot and used Actions class to perform mouse and keyboard events.
- Baseline QA test plan, communicate with SDLC team, developed testing strategy, establish LOE of project.
- Interact with development team to understand design flow, code review, discuss unit test plan.
- Created traceability matrix between requirements and test cases using Quality Center. Provide impact test analysis on application-function changes due to revisions in requirements and/or user requests.
- Set up testing environment, maintain release note, set up test data and plan for acceptance testing of code delivery by sanity testing.
- Defect root cause analysis, track defect in Quality Center, manage defect by follow up open items, and retest defects with regression testing.
- Proactively managed/troubleshoot problems and often make decisions independently that impact overall system and projects.
- Set up training environment, data for in house Ambler Bank User for each release training based on user guide. Participated in release Demo with training user. Collected technical and business feedback with team.
- Interact with clients to provide testing for integrated product and operated ad-hoc and day to day business requests.
- Standardized QA process by establishing standard QA documents, procedure to enhance daily operation.
- Contributed to QA team to improve QA process by technical feedback in key learning session after each major release notes.
- Support QA upper management by maintaining Test execution & defect report and communicate critical blocking issue.
- Trained new hired to speed up in assign project by sharing project level information.
Senior QA Software Tester
ConfidentialPa, rsippany, NJ
- Interacted with System Analysts to analyze Business Requirements, Gap Analysis, E2E Flow of application and involved in impact analysis for changes business rules.
- Designed and developed QA Test Plan/Test Cases using Testing methodology with all possible Use Case to cover all testable function in Positive & Negative Testing.
- Provided Test Metrics On the results of system testing activities; coordinated and collaborated with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure system development and implementation plans meet customer needs and expectations.
- Confirmed and prioritized project plans and deliverables per customer requirements and deadlines; and stayed current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies related to software testing.
- Helped drive automation innovation (participated in testing tool analysis and /or reviews, assisted and/or trained other manual testers in automation, implemented recommendation to improve test automation).
- Developed SQL Script to validate data, automated UNIX based process Using UNIX Utilities with Shell Scripting and executed all test scenarios in minimal time.
- Set up Test Environment including refresh database from production, maintained test environment with upcoming release.
- Involved in key learning process after each release to implement process in future as a part of QA process Management Kick off Meeting and Release Management, Key learning Session.
- Assisted in continually improving our Software Development Process and the development environment.
- Interacted with team to resolve daily issues in installation, code delivery, documentation, and defects.
- Involved in testing of multiple applications with QA, SIT and UAT testing by documenting, reviewing, resolving defects, follow up with interface sign-off.
- Supported Change Control by reviewing impact of all modules planned all release schedules, back out plan.
- Supported production support team in Production Trouble Ticket to analyze root cause of problems and resolved with team.
- Involved in production support testing assisted team in staging testing, support in change control request.
- Involved in different major and minor release testing by updating test plan with testing methodology, reviewed test results and analyzed defects and resolved with team.
QA Software Tester
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
- Analyzed Business Requirements and understood customer and developed UAT/SIT Test Plan using Testing Methodology.
- Demonstrated UAT/SIT/System Test Plan with cross-functional team to approve business logic and baseline documents.
- Participated in unit testing and verified entrance criteria of QA and set up configuration data with developer and updated release notes.
- Performed sanity testing using post installation check using release notes and identified installation or code initial problems.
- Communicated with Project Management to establish LOE of each phase of SDLC and prioritized QA task.
- Ensured seamless transition for new and converted funds from implementation to production mode.
- Developed SQL Script to validate Data Transaction in Front End Testing. Developed complicated and execute via Toad and saved Test Result.
- Worked with peers in development and other organizations to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature.
- Performed functional testing by deployment request, sanity testing, prioritized QA Test Cases within project plan.
- Performed Defect Root Cause Analysis, interacted with related Team, and tracked defects in a Test Director.
- Performed impact analysis and executed test scenario with Regression Testing.
- Involved in System Integration testing with external & internal interface team and performed E2E Testing.
- Assisted business & marketing team in execution of UAT by providing data.
- Involved in System Integration Testing with external/Internal interface and understood overall customer business functionalities.
- Shared technical information with team and involved in production testing with critical production problem.
- Interacted with upper management to provide daily QA status, discussed outstanding issue and upcoming project functionalities.
Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, HP Quality Center (ALM), Bugzilla, JIRA, Rational Clear Quest, Jenkins, SharePoint, SOAPUI, Postman, BDT Tools, TOAD, TestRail, JMeter, Putty, Bitbucket
Operating Systems: Windows, HP/SUN/AIX/Linux, UNIX
Data Management: MS-Access, SQL Server, Oracle, SQL Developer, TOAD, SSRS Report, MY-SQL
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, HTML, XML, JAVA, Java Script, VB, VB Script, Shell Script
SDLC Methodology: Agile, Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM
Web Server: IBM Web sphere, Web logic
Tools and Utilities: Microsoft Office, MS Excel, Visual Studio, HTML, Microsoft Exchange, Notepad++, AES, CVENT, TA(Team Approach), Cyber Source, Workday