- Seeking a role of a test automation engineer in an organization dat encourages creative problem solving, innovative thinking and facilitates as well as values employee growth and career objectives.
- Over 6 years of experience in Information Technology wif concentration onAutomation Testing of software applications across multiple technologies and platforms.
- A highly efficient, methodical, and talented Test Automation Engineer wif over 6 years of professional experience in all teh phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), developing Test Cases, Test Plan for Manual testing, Automation testing usingJava, Selenium.
- Strong knowledge in implementing Waterfall and Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, Strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Strong Knowledge of teh phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management and reporting.
- Experienced in developing wif Javaprogramming language using OOP concepts for Test Automation.
- Strong Experience wif web services API testing, including teh use of tools such as Rest API/ SOAP.
- Experience in functional testing of REST API. Validated Request and Response in XML, JSON formats.
- Good exposure in writing SQL Queries for database validation.
- Tracked bugs, reported Defects and maintained Test Reports using HP ALM.
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify teh integrity of teh data in teh database.
- Experienced in Back - End testing to ensure data consistency on Front-End by writing and executing SQL queries in multiple databases such as Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Used Page Object Model (POM), UI Mapping, Selenium WebDriver, and Data Driven using external sources such as CSV and Excel.
- Developed Seleniumtestcases inJava using TestNG framework.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel.
- Experience in executing AWS EC2 instances for automation testing and parallel testing wif different browsers.
- Proficient in developing BDD (Behavior Driven Development) scripts wif Cucumber and implementing step definitions for scenarios.
- Conducted Regression testing, Smoke testing, Cross Browser testing through automated testing tools like Selenium and Cucumber.
- Good Expertise in scheduling jobs via Jenkins (Continuous Integration) for automating teh build and deployment processes allowing significant increase in test automation.
- Experience in developing seleniumautomationframework using JUnit and TestNG and used Maven to executeautomationsuites.
- Experience in using Selenium Grid for Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether teh web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Good experience in Documentation wif MS Office Tools like MS Word, MS Excel.
- Assessed and analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- An excellent team member wif an ability to perform individually, good interpersonal relations, strong communication skills, hardworking and high level of motivation. A quick learner wif an aptitude for taking responsibilities.
Certifications: Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, Eclipse IDE, Log4j
Languages: Java, SQL, XML, JSON, HTML, Gherkin
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Defect Tracking ToOLs: JIRA, HP ALM
Browser: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome
Database: Oracle SQL Server, MySQL
Project Build Tools: Maven, Cucumber, POM (Page Object Model)
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS
CI Tools: Jenkins
Web Service: RestFUL, Swagger, Postman, RestAssured
Repository System: Git
- Associate wif teh development team to understand technical design and planning for teh test planning.
- Perform Smoke, Integration, and Regression tests based on Analysis and understanding of teh requirements, non-functional specifications and end-user needs.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and review of Test Cases.
- Using Cucumber developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development).
- Designed and developed framework using Page Object Model (POM) framework for creating Object repository using Java, TestNG, and Selenium WebDriver.
- Use XPath and CSS to work wif dynamic and static objects inSelenium.
- Perform teh automated regression test cases during every release and execute teh daily smoke test suite.
- Actively involved in scrum and sprint meetings, manage product backlog, remove obstacles to progress, re-allocate resources when necessary, prioritize and review milestones and accomplishments.
- Use automation scripts to generate test data.
- Write SQL queries and perform Back-End Testing for data validation on teh Oracle database.
- Utilize JIRA to prepare Test reports, Defect Summary reports.
- Work wif REST API using Swagger tool and chrome extension of Postman to validate request and response of teh JSON.
- Work wif Git as a source repository system to share code wifin my team and as well as other teams.
- Strong interactive skills wif teh ability to work in a collaborative environment as well as independently wif minimal supervision.
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed Test Scripts using Cucumber Framework wif Feature files, Step Definitions and Pages.
- Used Gherkin language for Behavior Driven Development (BDD) wif Page Object Model (POM) and JUnit.
- Executed automation scripts in parallel on different browser combinations using SeleniumGrid and EC2 instance in AWS.
- Used Jenkinsas a Continuous Integration server to configure wif Git and Maven.
- Assessed and analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Performed back-end testing to validate teh data using SQL queries to teh required Test cases.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source & configured SQL queries to fetch data from teh Oracle database.
- Configured JIRA workflow for teh project for improvement processes for screens, workflow procedures and reports of applications as per business requirement
- Identified, analyzed and documented all teh bugs observed during testing and opened tickets using JIRA.
- Performed compatibility testing of teh applications for dynamic and static content of browsers using different types of locators such as ID, Name, Tag Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, Xpath and CSS in Selenium.
- Created and executed teh End-to-End scenarios totestthe feature of teh applications which included both positive and negative scenarios.
- Used Maven to define project structure, dependencies, build, and test management.
- Used Eclipse IDE for teh creation of automation scripts.
- Attended Bug Review meetings and discussed issues wif teh Developers and Business Owners.
- Participated in preparing Test cases, Test plans, Test scenarios, and manually tested software applications wif positive and negative testing requirements.
- Executed functional and systemtestsmanually.
- Developed and maintained detail Test cases, expected results and traced teh Test cases to teh requirements using HP ALM.
- Implemented themanualTest Cases and reviewed, tested, tracked bugs and issued reports using HP ALM.
- Participated in daily stand-up meeting, sprint grooming, sprint planning and sprint retro meetings.
- Worked closely wif business team, designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow.
- Performed Smoke and Regression Testing to certify dat system functionalities are working as expected.
- Provided daily work status to teh Test Lead.
- Performed Cross browser testing on Internet explorer, Firefox and Chrome for browser compatibility.