- Results oriented leader seeking opportunities as a leader or individual contributor in Manufacturing Operations.
- 20+ years world - class manufacturing experience
- 18+ years operational management experience
- 20+ years Lean Six Sigma experience
- 18+ years project management experience
- 20+ years ISO 9001 experience
- 15+ years quality engineering experience
- 20+ years manufacturing industry training
- 10+ years ISO 9001 lead auditor experience
Manufacturing & Quality Management Consultant
- Strategic operations coach and facilitator for small to medium size client companies in the development and implementation of Lean Six Sigma practices including: Yellow Belt, 5-S Workplace, Quality @ Source, Value Stream Map, OEE/SMED, Single Piece Flow, Green Belt Project, Black Belt Project, Kanban JIT, and Master Black Belt Instruction.
- Operated in extended roles as a Plant Manager, Quality Manager, and Quality Engineer with direct organizational management of 500+ employees.
- Responsibilities included Hoshin Management (Financial, Operations, Growth, and Customer responsibility), Quality Management System (QMS) development and Safety Management System (SMS) development and implementation.
- Results included the implementation of world-class tools and techniques including: ISO 9001, Six Sigma DPMO, Dantotsu Quality, Metrology/FAI, PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, Ford 8-D, Lean A3, Ishikawa Fishbone, 5-Why Analysis, Affinity Diagram, DOE/ANOVA, CpK, Histograms, and Gauge R&R.
Quality Engineer / Manager
- Quality Manager responsible for Japan Customer Region Quality & Reliability with performance achievement related to the following Key Performance Indicators: Reliability (DPU), On-Time Delivery (OTD), Warranty Cost ($), Supplier Quality (PPAP), Metrology (FAI), Manufacturing Quality (MRB), Defect Prevention (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Quality Control Plans (QCP), New Product Introduction (NPI), Voice of the Customer (VOC), and ISO 9001 Certification.
- Lead quality outreach deployment and management of 10 Quality Engineers to Oita, Nogoya, Hiroshima, Tokyo, and other strategic customers in Japan.
- Lead ISO 9001 certification sustainment and implemented Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement initiatives including: Standard Operating Procedures, ISO Process Audits, OJT Certifications, Kaizen Projects, Processing Mapping, Control Charts, Supplier Audits, Design of Experiments, Potential Defect Opportunity, New Product Assessments, Source Inspections, and Ford 8-D Problem Solving.
- Milestone achievements included: ~75% reduction in DPU, ~98%+ OTD, ~50% reduction in warranty cost, and ~30% reduction in manufacturing defects.
- Direct responsibility for manufacturing operation of ~180 production associates, technicians, trainers, exempt supervisors, and temporary workforce.
- Operational objectives managed through the following Key Performance Indicators: Safety (Always1st), Quality (Always 2nd), Manufacturing Volume, On-Time Delivery,
- Strategically recruited, hired, and developed personnel to achieve organizational goals utilizing “pay for performance” structure of appraisal, OJT Certification, industry training, and daily metric attainment through visual factory management.
- Milestone achievement included: ~12% revenue increase of over $2.7 million while reducing cost by ~25% across (5) manufacturing lines.
- Hands-on responsibility for developing and implementing the following Quality initiatives: Standard Operating Procedures, Troubleshooting Procedures, On the Job Training Certification, ISO Process Audits, Source Inspections, Ford 8-D, Statistical Process Control, First Pass Yield Measurement, PFMEA, DPMU/DPMO, CpK, Histograms, and Failure Analysis.
- Promoted to Production Supervisor in 1995 with responsibility for ~30 production associates in a high volume semiconductor manufacturing operation.
- Supported and participated in ISO 9001 and QS 9000 certification performing cross-functional process audits as a lead auditor.