- Comprehensive knowledge in all phases of SDLC (Software development Life Cycle) and its methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Proficient in writing and executing Test plans and Test Cases in highly structured environments and performing all types of testing.
- Solid hands - on experience in Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing and Regression Testing.
- Performed Manual and Automated testing on both Client-Server and Web-based applications.
- Experienced using Quality center to maintain the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect management and Bug Reporting.
- Reported Bugs, sent Email notifications to the developers using Quality Center, and JIRA.
- Adept in using HP Quality Center.
- Experienced in automating test case execution in HP ALM using Automation tool HP Unified Functional Testing (previous Quick Test Pro).
- Proficient in applying quality assurance on multi-platform applications including Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Have strong knowledge of SQL, developing database queries for Backend Testing, in-depth knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server, resolving database performance issues.
- Have strong analytical problem-solving, written communication, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work as part of a team and on own.
- In-depth knowledge testing Mobile applications and devices and experience in testing the application on different Mobile Handset.
Technologies/Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall.
RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQLSoftware.
Testing Tools: Quality Center/ALM, Quick Test Pro/UFT.
Bug Tracking Systems: JIRA and Quality Center/ALM.
Languages: XML, VB Script, SQL.
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, Google chrome.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX.
Software Applications: MS Office, MS SharePoint.
Software Test Engineer
- Based on the entrance criteria received from the development team, developed an integrated test plan covering the main features of the designated modules of the application; designed test methods to verify the application's functions.
- Knowledge and experienced in every phase of Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Exposure to various requirements developed and executed manual test scripts.
- Specified testing requirements, converted requirements to tests, designed test steps, generated test templates, created requirement coverage and imported test cases in the Test Lab.
- Created, executed tests and generated the test reports using Quality Center.
- Coordinated as a Quality Center support to ensure efficient services to the team members and the client.
- knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle SDLC
- Experience in manual testing as well as automated testing using HP Quick Test Pro and Quality Center.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrices and Test Analysis Report.
- Involved in Functional, Regression, Black Box, Back-end, Integration, Smoke testings.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for Backend Testing and to verify the database updates, inserts and deletions etc., of the records, and validate them.
- Involved in validating the data, which has been populated into database tables using SQL.
- Coordinated closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of tests, provided feedback, and documented test results.
- Document the results of testing using the projects defect tracking system and provides input to the Software Test Report for each release.
- Participate in Walk through and Defect report meetings periodically with client.
- Profound knowledge of web services testing using Service Oriented Architecture tools SOAP UI.
- Create SOAP project in SOAP UI, add WSDL-file, and verify the response.
Environment: UFT, ALM, UNIX, SQL, Oracle, MS Office and Windows.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analyze requirements,design documents, PDF and develop detailedtest plan,test cases, testscenarios, test scripts, and prepare necessary test datafor test executionin Agile Environment.
- Performed Functionality Testing.
- Performed Manually Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, System, Integration and Regression testing,Positive and Negative testing
- Worked on Confidential Mobile Apps such as (Appointment Maker and Find your Items in nearest store)
- Test Mobile platform (Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Symbian and iPhone OS network on off to check alert)
- Performed compatibility testing on Browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) where Platform (Windows 7,8/10 Vista/XP/Mac OS)
- Developed Data Driven Framework using UFT
- Customized test Result in UFT. Read Excel Data into Custom UFT Data table using Custom Function. File System Object (FSO).
- UsedSynchronization, Parameterization, Checkpoints, Error Handling, Recovery Scenarios, Regular Expressionsto enhance test affectivity also created reusable actions by usingUFT.
- Developed test scripts on Expert View and enhanced those scripts using Functional Libraries from scratch and performed regression testing for every new release using UFT as an automation tool with VB scripting.
- Maintained and updated the scripts for every release either by updating the object property value for a specific object or by adding new objects to Object Repository
- Parameterized the tests by entering different sets of data using UFT.
- Reported defects using APPLICATION LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT (ALM) to the development team and followed up for the defects.
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL queries of the application like checking all the tables in the Database and checking whether the data is moving in the respective tables.
- Experienced in troubleshooting various problems during design & development phase of automation scripts.
- Created test case scenarios for shipping ofplaced order, the sales tax and shipping charges. Hands on experienced in online payment processingthrough.
- Quality Center was used for tracking and bug reportinganddocumentationof the whole QA process.
- Attend in daily StandupStatus Meetingsforoutlining goals for the day and discussion of current or potential blockers,Enhancement and Modification.
Environment: UFT, Windows, Mac OS, Quality Center/ALM, Oracle, MS Office, SLQ, VB Script.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Interact with end users to obtain specific system requirements and developed test plans, test cases, and test scenarios.
- Performed Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, Smoke testing, System, Integration and Regression testing.
- Involved in end-to-end manual and automated testing of the application.
- Prepared test methodology and developed must test plan after analyzing SRS documents.
- Export requirements, test cases into the UFT and run manual and automation from test lab and log defects.
- Developed test cases, scenarios and organized them using ALM.
- Used Application Quality Center for analyzing test results and bug tracking.
- Extensively worked on handling the application response for positive and negative sets of data using data driven testing.
- Attend weekly defect review meeting to discuss the various defects with developers and BA's.
- Report and verify bugs in ALM.
- Participate in various meetings and discuss Enhancement and Modification requests.
- Involved in writing SQL queries to test data integrity of the backend database.
- Executing the test cases and creating test scripts for ad hoc bugs that are encountered.
- Coordinated with QA team members in resolving critical issues with the development team.
- Reviewed project deliverables for completeness and quality in compliance with project standards and specifications.
- Presented daily and weekly status report updates to team lead, test group and managers.
- Performed compatibility testing on Browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) where Platform (Windows 7,8/ XP/Mac OS)