- Five plus years of professional experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance in both Manual, Backend and Automation process on various applications Client/Server, Web based, GUI, Handheld and Mobile
- Clear concept on every level of SDLC and Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Experience in Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies and Traceability matrix (RTM)
- Attended daily Scrum meeting, Planning Sprint and Retrospective meetings
- Proficient in analyzing Stories, BRD, and FRS and writing Test Plans, Test Strategies, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases
- Hands on experience in Smoke Testing, Black box, Gray box, Integration, System, End - to-End, Regression, Backend, UAT, Cross Browser testing (TestNG), also experienced with selenium Grid
- Experience in testing the database using SQL statements in RDBMS like Oracle, and MS SQL Server
- Extensively use HP ALM/Quality Center (QC) to write Test Cases and reporting the defect, also proficient Experience in Bug Tracking System, and process using JIRA
- Expertise in working with the Automation Engineer team using Selenium Webdriver with java, developed the scripts, synchronize, validate and debugging the scripts and hands on experience on Keyword and data driven framework with Page object model and Page factory concept
- Expert in working on enhancing the Automation framework using Maven, and Run the Test suite using TestNG
- Use Jenkins for contentious integration, GitHub for version control management
- Experience in the mobile testing manually and automation (Appium) write test cases
- Use Gherkins Syntax to test the behaviors of the Application using Cucumber
- Expert Rest Assured with JAVA for REST API and also good understanding about web services using SOAPUI
- Worked in Automation team and experience in QTP/UFT and Selenium Webdriver
- Developed the script and enhance it by using checkpoint, synchronization, also expert in Data Driven Framework in QTP
- Proficiency in creating Weekly Status report and Metrics
- Energetic self-starter with excellent analytical and organizational skills. Achieves goals, objectives and milestones in an accurate and consistent manner
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills and strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills
- Capability to adapt and learn new tools, techniques, and approaches.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center (QC), ALM, JIRA, Quick Test (QTP/UFT),Selenium Web, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, SOAP UI, JDBC, Appium, SQL Developer.
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Programming Languages: Java, VB Script, SQL
Operating system: Windows, Mac, UNIX, Linux
Databases: Oracle, MYSQL, SQL-Server, MS-Excel, MS-Access.
Methodology: Waterfall, Agile(SCRUM), V-Model
Other Tools & Plugins: Eclipse,GitHub,Jenkins,Junit,TestNG,Maven
Confidential, HICKSVILLE, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Participated in release planning, sprint planning, retrospective meeting, and daily scrum for agile scrum development. Helped in creating the Test Specification
- Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid,TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Expertise in writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in JAVA
- Integrated Selenium WebDriver with existing API to test framework
- Experience in developing Hybrid Framework using Selenium WebDriver
- Design and develop Test Plan, Test Cases, and Automated Test Scripts
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Integration, System, UserAcceptance, Regression, and GUI testing. Tested Mobile version of the application
- Developed test script with Web Driver using Java, Cucumber and TestNG
- Used Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins) for automation script run in nightly basis and to provide quick feed back to the developers
- Used Maven for Project building and GitHub for version control
- Performed Cross-Browser Testing for Mobile Application Testing Using APPIUM.
- Performed query operations on JDBC to do data validation. Used standard SQL functions and commands to develop SQL queries
- Developed and executed complex SQL queries to create and modify test data
- Generated status reports and Defect reports and presented them in weekly status meetings. Conducted UAT testing. Performance testing
- Extensively work throughout defect life cycle from opening to closure using JIRA
- Communicated with different team such as development, requirement, and Schedule/Time related/Delivery relates planning Risk
- Follow up with the developers on defects status on a daily basis, and generate reports for managements.
Software QA Lead Tester Analyst
- Designed and developed Test Plan, Test cases, and Test Scripts.
- Conducted Backend testing using SQL and database concepts.
- Developed automated scripts using java in Selenium Web Driver with Java.
- Performed Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, and Cross Browser Compatibility Testing on different browsers like IE, Firefox & Chrome.
- Reviewed the Test Reports using TestNG,.Implemented Maven for Project building, and Git for code management.
- Developed Test cases using Element Locators and Selenium WebDriver methods.Creating test plan for Cross browser testing Using Sauce Lab.
- Enhanced Test cases using Java Programming features and TestNG Annotations. Testing Mobile APP and websites manually and with Android Driver. Writing test cases for Mobile Testing.
- Involved in Retesting and Regression Testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested WebServices /XML / SOAP and Restful services using SoapUI tool.
- Developed a Test plan based on testing requirements and created Test cases using test Plan module in HP Quality Center.
- Extensively developed Complex SQL Queries for Backend Testing
- Extensively worked with Database verifications and Validations
- Participated actively in team meetings with Functional/Development Team for fixing the bugs. Using VersionOne for project management.
QA Tester in Automation Team
- Worked closely with team members to understand the product/business requirements and use cases
- Review with team all necessary documents and insure that all scripts and documents are updated
- Developed Test Plans, define test Scenarios and write Test Cases according to user requirements, stories, system and business rules
- Conducted different type of testing (smoke, black box, functional, integration, UI, data, interface, performance, regression, UAT, etc.) for Web and Client Server based applications
- Performed mobile app and mobile web testing for Android and iOS devices
- Developed and executed test for usability testing, interface testing, low level resource testing, service testing, and compatibility testing for mobile devices
- Performed cross-browser testing for the web interface and mobile application
- Tested application for browser compatibility for internet explorer, Chrome, and Firefox
- Involved planning, preparing, creating, debugging and utilizing test scripts for automated testing tools where required: QTP. Analyzing test result and report defects
- Experience in Object Repository, Object Identification, set the Environment variables, Output value, Recovery scenario, Data Driven Test by using Quick Test Pro (QTP)
- Extensively performed Oracle SQL queries to retrieve/validate/update/modify data from DB tables
- UAT planning, execution, Rollout and DR testing, whenever business required after-hours/weekends
- Constantly multi-tasking, preparing test strategy and test schedule for new, upgraded application & services
- Supporting, Monitoring, troubleshooting, documenting results for cover potential risks and advising team of mitigation options
- Identified, tracked, resolved all defects and ensured resolution prior to implementation of software
- Support and worked with team to prioritize work requests and report issues/results on a daily/weekly basis
- Coordinated with management, development team, operations and clients for any outstanding issues and ensured the implementation of software in correct environment
- Extensively used Quality Center for all documentation and report/track all discrepancies
- Coordinate defect tracking meetings. Work closely with cross-functional teams to resolve project defect
- Contributed in a joint determination of the product’s deployment readiness. Coordinate the release installation on test environment, infuse new ideas and deliver solid business results
- Send daily reports, maintain and update various report RTM to measure the testing process and requirement progress. Attend all project planning and team meeting.