- Over5 years of IT experiencewith skills in Performancetesting and using HP Load Runner, HP Performance Center, Microsoft VSTS 2008, Apache JMeter
- Experience in Functional and non - functional testing, Load testing, Stress testing, Soak testing, Volume testing, Scalability testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, GUI testing, Back-end testing, Browser Compatibility testing, Black Box Testing, and System Testing.
- Experience working in multiple Software Development Life Cycle methodologies like Waterfall,Agile with specializing in Software Quality Assurance testing, proficient in testing on Web Application.
- Extensively used HP LoadRunner, Performance Center and Apache JMeter.
- Design and execute scenarios like Stress test, Capacity test and Endurance test using Load Runner controller.
- Experience in enhancing the VuGen Scripts by Manual and Auto correlation technique, Parameterization and Synchronization.
- Well versed with all the functionalities of Virtual user Generator and correlating statements. Configuring Run time settings for HTTP, iterations, Simulated Modem speeds to bring the testing scenario to real world.
- Execution of manual test scripts and responsible to track and log the defects using Quality Center,ALM.
- Experience in monitoring Web servers and Application servers such as Microsoft IIS, Web logic,Web sphere and Database servers such as SQL server and Oracle during the Performance test with and without firewalls.
- Expertise in SQL queries to perform Back-end testing.
- Experience with the object oriented concepts and worked on Java, J2EE.
- Very good knowledge on Fiddler in manually composing the request and monitor the client network traffic.
- Experienced in using SOAP UI for testing SOA environment.
- Strong Knowledge of using single and multiple protocols in LoadRunner VuGen like Web HTTP, Web Services, Ajax Truclient, Web Click and script, Citrix ICA, ODBC and Oracle Confidential .
- Analysed the results using LoadRunner Analysis and various monitoring tools like Dyna Trace, Wily Introscope & AppDynamics, HP Sitescope.
- Experienced in monitoring CPU, Memory, Network, Web connections and throughput while running Baseline, Performance, Load, Stress and Soak testing.
- Experience in assisting the developers team in order to identify the bugs during the performance testing.
- Excellent ability to understand complex scenarios and business problems, and transfer theknowledge to other users/developers in the most comprehensible manner.
- Expertise in problem solving and bug tracking reports using Bug tracking tools like BugZilla, JIRA.
- Delivering the status reports like testing status, defect tracking status & weekly status reports to the test manager.
- Good team player with excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and technical writing skills.
Testing Tools: Test Director, HP Quality Centre, HP Quick Test Professional, LoadRunner, WinRunner, ALM/QC, Performance Centre, VUGEN, JMeter, Neoload
LoadRunner Protocols: Web(http/html), MQ Client/Server, Winsock, Web/Citrix Dual Protocol,Database Protocols, SAP GUI, Click & Script.
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, SOAP UI, Web Services
Programming Languages: C, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, Java, VB, C#,.Net
Web/App Servers: Web Logic, IIS, Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere
Databases: MS Access, Oracle 8i 9i 10i, SQL Server
Version Control: GIT, SVN
Operating System: Windows NT / XP / 2000 / 95 / 98/2000/2003/2007/8/10, LINUX and UNIX
- Worked closely with Business Analysts and Developers to gather Application Requirements and Business Processes in order to formulate the test plan.
- Developed scripts using LoadRunner by recording/playback and as well as by writing custom functions.
- Involved in test environment build and designed Load, capacity model on the basis of current volume and projected percentage increase in volume.
- Developed Vugen test scripts in LoadRunner for Oracle forms and JSP pages using Confidential and HTTP protocols.
- Interacted directly with developers, project managers for the development, execution and reporting of all testing efforts.
- Actively took ownership of defects and coordinate with different groups from initial finding of defects to final resolution.
- Analyzed Load Runner on-line graphs and reports to identify network/client delays, CPU /memory usage, I/O delays, database locking and other issues at server level.
- Performed both automatic and manual correlation using the options in LoadRunner.
- Analyzed system usage information such as task distribution diagram and load model to create effective test scenarios
- Configured Web/Application/Database server monitoring setup using LoadRunner Controller.
- Used IP spoofing to generate and associate different IP addresses to Virtual Users to emulate real-time scenarios for load balancing issues
- Activating / configuring monitors and adding desired performance counters into the Graphs
- Performed SQL querying to validate the data in the back end data base, and also to check the data flow between different modules
- Monitored the CPU, memory, and network utilization on the Unix server using Site Scope monitor,Wily.
- Analyzed results of Transactions Response time, Transaction under load, Transaction Summary by Vusers, Hit per Second and Throughput.
- Tested Custom Screens, Views and Applets in Siebel to suit the business requirements
- Responsible for complete functional and regression testing, the Siebel application used to manage and maintain the leasing data in the company.
- Determined the source of bottlenecks by correlating the performance data with end-user loads and response times.
Environment:C, Windows, Oracle forms, Siebel, Sql, JSP.
- Interact with business leads, Solution architects and application team to develop production usage models by collecting non-functional requirements.
- Conducted work group meetings across all areas of the product organization to identify, prioritize, and mitigate risks to the responsiveness and scalability of our offerings.
- FollowedAgile (Scrum) process, theperformancevalidation process goes by the 'Work Done & Ready to Go' approach from time to time, release to release and in specific sprint by sprint.
- Organized status meetings with the stakeholders forPerformance Testing in the project.
- Ensure processes and content of allPerformancetesting artifacts are documented, maintained and transitioned to the client teams as per the Client's Retention and Transition policy.
- CreatedPerformanceLoad Testdetailed plan andTestCase Design Document with the input from developers and functional testers.
- Used HP Load Runner and PerformanceCentre to do the performancetesting and to find the response time, throughput for the applicationtransactions.
- Developed robust scripts using HP Load Runner, Web (HTTP/HTML), Web Services, protocol based on the user workflows.
- Used REST protocol to testsome of the Integration services.
- Performed various customizations to the scripts by using correlation, parameterization and pass data to the VTS.
- Executed Baseline, Load, Stress, and Combined Testing using HP PerformanceCentre.
- Customized scripts for error detection and recovery.
- After testexecution collaborated with the development, solution engineering, and technical architecture and release management teams in the client organization, to analyze performanceresults and identify fixes for the findings and for effectively identifying potential bottlenecks.
- Reported variousPerformanceAnalysis Graphs and Reports collected from various Performance Tools and discuss its bottlenecks such as Memory Leaks, JVM Heap, CPU Utilization, Network time.
- Application server, Database, Network and Web Logic monitors are utilized during execution to identify bottlenecks, bandwidth problems, and infrastructure, scalability and reliability benchmarks.
- Configured and used Dyntrace, Appdynamic for Performancemonitoring for monitoring CPU and memory, JVM and thread,MIPS.
- Used VTS for testdata creation to avoid data mismatch.
- Analyzed the AWR report after each test to identify any bottlenecks in the DB.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
- Created Test Plan, which includes Testing Resources, Testing Strategy and testing of end-to-end scenarios.
- Created automated scripts by including timers for recording response times, and test checks for confirming the retrieval of the correct page.
- Involved in performance testing of server’s load and scalability by creating multiple Virtual Users by using HP Load Runner Virtual User Generator component.
- Designed multiple LoadRunner scripts (Vugen) with different protocols like Web, Siebel, RTE, Citrix, Web services and Winsock for load testing different applications.
- Created detailed test status reports, performance capacity reports, web trend analysis reports, and graphical chartsfor upper management using Load Runner analysis component.
- Created, Executed and Monitored the feasibility of various manual and goal oriented scenarios of an application with Load Runner Controller.
- Run full formal performance test including Peak, Breakpoint, Burst, Longevity and Failover.
- Effectively used all the components of Loadrunner including the controller, remote command launcherand efficient in writing Loadrunnerfunctions.
- Identify system/application bottleneckson Dynatrace and work with Bottom-line to facilitate the tuning of the application/environment in order to optimize capacity and improve performance of the J2EE based application in order to handle peak workloads generated via Mercury Interactive LoadRunner tool to simulate activity.
- Configured Web, Application, and Database server performance monitoring setup using LoadRunner Controller&Performance Center.
- Created Vusers to emulate concurrent users, inserting Rendezvous points in the Vuser scripts and executed the Vuser Scripts in various scenarios which were both goal oriented and manual using Load Runner.
- Configure the LoadRunner controller for running the tests. Verifying that the LoadRunner scripts are working as expected on different Load generator machines
- Added various monitoring parameters (CPU, Memory) to the LoadRunner controller for monitoring.
- Monitoring the various machines during load tests and informing the corresponding teams in case of issues.
- Created detailed test status reports, performance capacity reports, web trend analysis reports, and graphical charts and perl scripts for upper management using Load Runner analysis component.
Environment: Perl, Windows, J2EE, Java.
QA Automation Tester
- Involved in various meetings with development team to gather performance requirements and SLAs before the testing.
- Prepared Test Cases, Test Strategy, and Test Plan based on the non-functional business requirements to meet SLA.
- Worked with development, users and support groups to understand the application architecture, use and current production issues to simulate the best possible real time scenarios for load and stress testing.
- Developed Load Runner test scripts in Vugenaccording to the test specifications/Requirements using HTTP/HTML, Web services Protocol in Load Runner.
- Correlated and parameterized test scripts in Vugen to capture Dynamic data and input various test data as per business requirements.
- Conducted several Load tests such as one Hour peak production load,Reliabilityand Stress tests to identify the performance issues.
- Developed and implementedload, capacity and stress tests with Load Runner and Present performance statistics to application teams and provided recommendations of performance improvement.
- Captured the traffic through Fiddler manually and imported it to the Load Runner machine.
- Tested web, Client server & web service based applications, using various workloads as demanded by the application.
- Monitored the CPU, memory and network utilizations using Site Scope monitor, Appdynamics.
- Performed in-depth analysis to isolate points of failure in application.
- Worked with solution architects and DBAs to identify and resolve bottlenecks.
- Identified Memory Leaks, Protocol to Protocol Response times analyzed, Web Page break downs, Web logic log files.
- Issues relating to Indexes, Connection Pools, Thread size and Garbage collections, Memory heap size.
- Develop and implement load, capacity and stress tests with Load Runner and Present performance statistics to application teams and provided recommendations of performance improvement.
- Developed various reports and metrics to measure and track testing effort. Created Test Matrix, TraceabilityMatrix and performed Gap Analysis.
- Participate in Weekly Meetings with the management team and Walkthroughs.
- Detected defects and classified them based on the severity in Quality Center/ALM. Provided
- Screenshots/Instructions to identify & reproduce the bugs in QC/ALM. Interacted with the development team to fix the defects as per the defect report.
Environment: C, Agile, Windows, Sql server, Microsoft IIS.