- Over 6 years of professional experience in software testing with extensive knowledge of Manual/Automation Testing Framework design & implementation using Selenium tool.
- Proficient in Manual & Automated Testing of GUI and functional aspects of Client - Server and Web based Applications on multiple levels of SDLC and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experienced in analyzing Business, Functional and Technical Specifications.
- Good Knowledge in Software Verification and Validation based on Testing Methodology.
- Experienced in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts from Requirements and Use Cases.
- Well versed with Agile as well as Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in performing different types of Testing: Unit, Integration, Black Box, Smoke, Functionality, Integration, Stress, Volume, System, Regression Testing and Full Life Cycle Testing.
- Proficient at creating and executing SQL Queries involving multiple tables using join statements and validated against Web-UI.
- Good Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts (OOPS) and Java skills.
- Good experience in creating test scripts using Selenium WebDriver for Web Applications and Appium for Mobile Applications.
- Experienced in Functional, Regression and System testing using Manual and Automated testing tools.
- Experienced in designing and implementing automation frameworks using Cucumber and JUnit for Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Data Driven Development (DDD).
- Experienced in automating test cases using TestNG Annotations and Data-driven test using Excel.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Experienced in creating test scripts using Selenium Web driver using Page Object Model.
- Experienced in designing and implementing different automation frameworks from scratch like Page Objects framework, Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework for a number of projects.
- Experienced in Web Service Testing: REST API Manual (Postman, SOAPUI) & Automation.
- Good working knowledge on cross-browser testing, browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome using WebDriver.
- Experienced with all phases of project in development, testing and deployment and management of enterprise solutions.
- Ability to learn & develop using new technologies quickly.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills with good work ethics.
IDE & Testing Tools: IntelliJ, Eclipse, HP ALM/Quality Center, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium GRIDCucumber, JIRA, Appium
Build Tool: Ant, Maven
Version Control Systems: Git, SVN
Frameworks/Open Source: JUnit, TestNG, MVC
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix
MS Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook
Web/Application servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, JBoss, Jetty
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access
Web Debugging Tools: FirePath, Xpath, Inspect
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Developed web client Test Cases based on Business Rules.
- Worked with developers and the testers to verify test cases.
- Involved in Task Estimation, Prioritization, Creation and Communication to Onsite & Offshore teams.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Positive, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Used JIRA for tracking defects and notifying developers.
- Analyzed testing results, identified issues and reported to the developers and project managed through JIRA.
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Involved in executing the SQL Queries for Data Validation, Record Counting and Non-Duplication Testing.
- Developed and executed Automation Test Scripts using Selenium and Testing framework.
- Setup Selenium GRID to run Selenium scripts on different browsers.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) with Data Driven Test Automation Framework using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Extensively tested Web Services using Postman for EID creation for the new REST clients.
- Developed test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium Web Driver for web applications.
- Identified elements on web pages and mobile apps using Firebug, Firepath and Inspect tools and Appium Inspector.
- Designed and built automation framework for different web-based software products using Page Object Model (POM) Design to reduce code and for better maintenance.
- Developed Hybrid Framework for web automation using Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Implemented Test Automation Framework based on Page Object Model, Java, and Selenium &Testing.
- Developed manual test scripts and automation test scripts using Selenium to evaluate Security of Web based user authentication apps.
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using HP ALM & reported the same in status meetings.
- Coordinated user acceptance testing with final users & prepared end user documentation for the new system.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Automation QA Analyst
- Participated in analyzing the user/business requirements, functional specifications and use case documents to create the Test Plans and Test cases for System testing.
- Involved in analyzing Requirements, System Specifications, Use-Cases and Technical specifications.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Involved in Integration, Functional, Regression, UAT, Backend and End-to-End testing.
- Performed Test Execution and defect logging and tracking using JIRA.
- Performed complex queries for Data validation in SQL statements.
- Wrote test case automation scripts in Java and Selenium.
- Used Selenium Actions class to handle mouse movements and hover-over actions on Web Elements.
- Used firebug to identify object's ids, Name, XPath, links in the application.
- Wrote Selenium script for taking screenshot and also used action class to perform mouse movement.
- Implemented Continuous Integration of automation framework using Jenkins.
- Used Log4j for logging automated steps and script errors.
- Facilitated enhancement and maintained the current Test Environment in Eclipse using Java.
- Enhanced regression test cases to implement complex testing scenarios, increased permeations of functionality testing, and increased code coverage using Selenium WebDriver
- Used Java as client library for Selenium WebDriver and developed Automation Framework using Junit.
- Identified UI changes and their potential impacts to existing tests.
- Tested compatibility of application/site with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Participated in Daily Scrum meeting, Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG, Appium, Ant, Jenkins, SharePoint, Junit, PHP, .Net, C#, CSS, SOAP UI, SQL Server, MS Word, Windows, MS Project, HP ALM, Java, J2EE, Java Script, VB Script, XML, UNIX, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Interacted with Developers and Business Analysts to perform various types of testing throughout Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle (BLC).
- Defined Business Use Cases and Activity Diagrams to represent different workflows and associations.
- Developed Test Scripts using Functional Requirement Documents.
- Test scenarios are created for Positive, Negative, Boundary cases, etc.
- Documented the successful or unsuccessful completion of each test condition and verified actual results against expected results for discrepancies
- Performed Black Box testing like End-to-End testing, Ad-Hoc testing, Integration testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in preparing Functional/regression Test Cases/Scripts in Quality Center/ALM under Test Plan and Review Test Requirements.
- Prepared Test Reports and submitted the bug findings using ALM/Quality Center defect tracking system, analyzed the defects and categorized them based on severity.
- Wrote Structure Query Language (SQL) queries to check proper data population in application table and for data verification to perform Backend Testing against SQL Server.
- Developed automated regression test scripts using Selenium.
- Involved in converting manual test cases into automated scripts using WebDriver and JUnit.
- Used Maven to run the scripts in batch mode.
- Involved on testing the new functionality based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Involved in generating Matrices Reports and Charts for Defect Analysis to analyze statistical nature of the defects.
- Supported Senior QA analyst manual tester in the development and execution of QA continuous process.
- Handled responsibilities of Regression testing to ensure efficiency in product delivery.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG, JUnit, Agile, C++, C#, MS Word, UNIX, MS Excel, MS Outlook, TOAD, Oracle, SQL Server, Quality Center/ALM, Java, Java Script, Windows, HTML, MS Visio.