- 6 years of professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with the emphasis on Software Quality Assurance Testing.
- Performed Manual and Automation Testing of Web, Client Server applications on various domains such as Financial, Banking, Telecommunications.
- Good working knowledge of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Quality Assurance Process.
- Substantial experience working with Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experienced in analyzing User Stories and Acceptance Criteria in Agile methodology and attended different ceremonies like Sprint Planning meeting, Scrum, Sprint grooming, Sprint Review and Retrospective.
- Excellent skills in understanding Business Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications and Design documentation and converting them into Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Good knowledge of Object - Oriented Programming (OOP) concept and extensively used JAVA for test automation.
- Experience in working with open source automation tools like Selenium along with the implementation of Page Object Model (POM) design framework for the web-based application.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Automating Test Cases using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA programming language.
- Hands-on experience in Junit and TestNG framework for Unit Testing.
- Experience in using Maven build tool to manage framework dependency jar files in POM.XML file.
- Firm knowledge of building projects with Maven and configuring Project Object Model file (POM.xml).
- Experience of Creating, Modifying and Maintaining Automation Framework Models (Behavior-Driven, Test-Driven, Hybrid, and Data-Driven Frameworks).
- Firm knowledge in implementing Behavior Driven Development framework using Cucumber with writing feature files in Gherkin language and Test-Driven Development framework using testing tools such as TestNG, JUnit.
- Solid experience of using Management & Defect tracking tools like JIRA and Rally.
- Performed Continuous Integration (CI) automation using Jenkins.
- Worked on databases such as Oracle, My SQL and JDBC connectors.
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL queries, SQL scripts and performed Backend Testing in different RDBMS like Oracle and MySQL.
- Maintained the JAVA and Selenium tests using GIT and GITHUB source control repository tool.
- Performed API Web Services Testing using REST Assured with JAVA Programming language. Knowledge of POSTMAN.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and time-management skills.
- Performed duties as an individual contributor or team player and can manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
Programming Languages: Java, SQL, XML, HTML
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Postman
Testing Framework: Junit, TestNG
RDMBS: Oracle, MySQL
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally
Operation System and IDEs: Windows, MacOS, Eclipse, IntelliJ
Project Building Tools: Maven
Continuous Integration: Jenkins (with Cucumber report plugin)
Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall
Repository System: GIT, GitHub
Web Services: REST Assured
Manual and Automation Testing
- Involved in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Analyzed and contributed Business and Functional Requirement Specifications, Design documentation and converted them into Test Scenarios.
- Actively engaged in Smoke, Functional, Regression, Front-end and Backend Tests.
- Performed UI Automation Testing using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA Programming language and Test Assertions using TestNG.
- Developed and maintained Maven Automation Framework using Page Object Model design along with Hybrid framework.
- Implemented Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Cucumber with JAVA programming language and executed Tests from Cucumber feature files.
- Automated Test Reports using Cucumber plugin HTML reports and JSON reports attached with failed scenario screenshots.
- Maintained Data-Driven Development (DDD)framework using Apache POI libraries and Cucumber Scenario Outlines.
- Successfully designed reusable methods with JAVA and Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Cross Browser Compatibility testing on different browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Logged defects, monitor their status and track them to closure using JIRA.
- Implemented Automated Test executions using Continuous Integration tool as Jenkins for Regression and Smoke tests and automated reports.
- Used GitHub as source version control tool and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Performed Database testing using SQL queries along with JDBC in SQL Developer tool.
- Performed manual and automated API testing using REST Assured libraries.
- Worked closely with developers to identify application related problems and get an immediate resolution of the defect.
Manual and Automation Testing
- Involved in analyzing Business and Functional Requirement Specifications, Design documentation and developed Test plan, Test cases, and Test scenarios.
- Worked in Agile Development Environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Executed Functional, Smoke, Integration, Regression, Front-end and Backend Tests.
- Developed and Designed Automation Testing framework using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA Programming Language.
- Involved in development of Hybrid Automation Framework using Page Object Model and TestNG.
- Engaged in Creating Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber and Data Driven Development using Apache POI libraries and Cucumber Scenario Outlines.
- Successfully implemented automated execution of tests using Build Management tool as Maven and Monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Performed Backend testing using SQL tools and developed complex SQL queries along with JDBC for database validation and verification.
- Executed manual and automated API testing using POSTMAN and REST Web Services using JAVA.
- Involved in tracking and logging defects using Project Management Tool as JIRA and reporting the bugs to the developers.
- Used GIT as source version control tool and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Participated in Agile meetings and discussed enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Manual and Automation Testing
- Involved in analyzing requirement specifications for application enhancement.
- Actively involved in the development of Test plan, Test cases, and Test Scripts.
- Executed Manual Test Cases and Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure the test case coverage.
- Involved in developing and maintaining Test Driven (TDD) and Data Driven (DDD) framework using Junit, Excel.
- Performed Functional, Ad-hoc, Integration, Regression and User Acceptance Testing of the web-based application during the Test Execution process.
- Completed manual positive and negative testing of the application and updated test case document with results.
- Executed automated test scripts using Selenium and analyzed the test results. Performed cross-browser and platform compatibility testing using Selenium Grid.
- Involved in tracking and logging defects using Rally and reported the bugs to the developers to get an immediate resolution.
- Engaged in Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and platforms.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to retrieve information from the Database.
- Interacted with the Development and Testing teams to improve the overall quality of the software.