- Seeking a position as Senior Software QA Engineer/ SQL Data Tester/ System Analyst and Integration in the competitive information technology industry, to utilize my skills and abilities that offers professional growth while being resourceful, innovative, and flexible.
- Senior software QA Analyst with strong experience in:
- Proficient in all stages of the SDLC, STLC, Change management and Defect Life Cycle. Project Management, Software Manual and Automated Testing, Defect Management, Software Change Control, Software Configuration Management, system business analysis. Domain knowledge of multiple Software Product Domains, Healthcare, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Finance, Banking, Mortgage Insurance, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, E - Commerce, Web Publishing Consulting Services, Mobile Security, Manufacturing and Personnel Administration.
- I consider myself a self-starter, creative, and a fast learner with strong communication skills.
- Worked extensively with HP ALM to provide oversight to the requirements and test management process. Create and distribute reports for communicating testing status to business units, development, and management. Created an SOP for ALM structure and naming convention of artifacts.
- Developed strategic partnerships with business partners, IT project managers, and software development teams, to define, implement, support, and enforce IT quality assurance best practices, process improvement initiatives, standards, and procedures.
- Proactively worked with IT project managers and software developers during design and development phases to plan and implement product/project testing strategies to ensure high-quality IT deliverables.
- Reviewed SDLC project documents to ensure Quality and compliance for the transition of projects into the production environment.
- Created an IT QA Interfacing document to provide a high level overview of the interactions between IT/QA and the project/development teams, throughout the life of a project, based on the current Company’s SDLC process. Created Test Plans, Data flow and test system environment configuration diagrams.
- Served as a Quality consultant to projects and provide necessary oversight and assistance to deliver high-quality changes to production environments.
- Performed SQL statements to set up and retrieved data for tests using CA data management tools
Software Senior QA Analyst
- Managed testing requirements, testing documentation, defect tracking and traceability matrix (in Quality Center) for Wells Fargo conversion from Wachovia Customer Migration Project.
- Extensively Used SQL Queries for data validation on the backend.
- Coordinated requirements between all the related Business support functions of the Confidential applications for the Integration test including writing test cases in Quality center.
- Used Quality Center for Manual Test Tracking.
- Acted as expert in specific technical areas such as SQL script creation and Database testing methods and Automation Testing using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Coordinated the planning, implementation and reporting on the project of ‘Promoting the Colombian Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the AIDS Patients i.e., ‘As AIDS patients live longer they can experience a host of medical conditions that challenge the prevailing view of the disease as chronic and manageable. Responsibilities included Microsoft software office support.
QA Analyst Lead/Software Test Engineer
Confidential, Charlotte N.C
- Expanded Automated Test Suite by writing additional VBScript to test new functionality (in Quick Test Professional QTP), of newly integrated SQL databases, web servers, and .Net client user interfaces for a Monitoring Business Lending application.
- Acted as expert in specific technical areas such as SQL script creation and Database testing methods and Performance Testing.
- Managed the performance test environments including Test data pools.
- Developed and executed software test plans/cases/scenarios for backend processes. Conducted weekly/ Bi-weekly status meetings to discuss open issues.
- Used Test Director for Manual Testing Tracking.
- Managed testing requirements, testing documentation, defect tracking and traceability matrix (in Test Director) for Confidential conversion to Fidelity Net Benefits Project.
- Developed a Test Plan for regression testing of the bank’s business lending underwriting application and work closely with the project team to ensure application successfully completed SIT and UAT Testing.
- Coordinated the requirements between all the related Business support functions of the banks HR/Payroll applications and wrote test cases and test steps in MS Word and Excel.
- Created and executed functional and performance test scripts (Using the IBM Test automation tools) for five applications (Underwriting and Fulfillment) to identified functionality and performance issues, including: deadlock conditions, database connectivity problems, and system crashes under load.
- Coordinated the work assignments of multi-department test resources including business analyst and technical testers.
- Lead a team of twenty-five Software Test Engineers including 15 oversees in Pune India, during the validation of multiple banking applications.
- Developed a Test Plan for the functional and regression testing of the banking applications and review test cases and test steps using Test Director.
- Prepared Test Summary reports using Test Director, software defect procedures using Clear Quest and Quality Assurance documentation.
- Develop test methodologies for a non GUI Java base banking application using internally develop test tools.
- Developed and Managed Customer Acceptance Testing Process.
- Responsible for Recruitment and hiring of full-time, part-time and contractor staff including yearly reviews, on-going staff plans and development.
- Developed black box, compatibility, configuration and functional testing for POS applications.
- Reported and tracked defects using Rational ClearQuest and ensured that reported issues were understood and fixed. And extensive Regression Testing.
- Worked closely with the engineering, product support, marketing, and product management to design, implement new Test Scenarios to deliver a stable and quality product.
- Mentored and lead test engineers on test execution.
Confidential -Salem N.C
- Hands-on manager, responsible for the development, implementation, and on-going review and improvement of a corporate wide Quality Assurance program, including product development to release and shipping.
- Developed a regression test program that tests specific customer configurations using simulated production data and pre-approved procedures. I was the company representative for all regulatory customer audits. Interfaced with customers, in the areas of process improvement and quality standards.
- Fostered solid working relationships among interdisciplinary groups including development, support and product management.
- Successfully adapted SQA processes to compensate for reduced QA staffing by effective prioritization of tasks and involvement of non-QA resources.
- Documented detail Test Plans using MS Word following the Product requirements
- Created Test procedures scripts using SQA Robot to test the object properties of all the data entry screens.
- Developed the lab network infrastructure for the execution of the system test.
- Lead a team of five Software Test Analysts, during the validation of a lab-based Quality Control System. Develop a Test Plan with a 32-volume test case for validation of clinical Quality Control software according to FDA guidelines.
- Prepared Test Summary reports, SOP for tracking of software Errors and other Quality Assurance documentation.