- Over 7+ years of experience in IT, specialized in Performance Testing of client servers and web and mobile applications in various domains like Telecom, Finance, Banking, and Insurance.
- Proficient Testing Tools such as HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) HP Load Runner, HP Performance Center, SOAP UI, HP Quality Center (QC).
- Solid understanding of requirements and creation of test cases out of Business Requirement Documents and Functional Requirement Documents.
- Experience working with Windows Server Performance Testing using JMeter, LoadRunner.
- Expertise in LoadRunner, PerformanceCenter and JMETER.
- Experienced in conducting Smoke, System, Functional, Regression, Stress and Load testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Expertise in Virtual User Generator (VUGen) scripting for performance/load testing, Multiple protocols (Web HTTP/HTML, web service, Ajax TruClient, Mobile, Citrix).
- Well versed with various types Software Development methodologies - Waterfall, Agile, SDLC.
- Experience working with Network and Java Application Performance Testing using JMeter, LoadRunner.
- Expertise in developing LoadRunner scripts with different protocols and enhancing the scripts using LR functions and C language.
- Expertise in developing PerformanceCenter scripts with different protocols.
- Strong experience in preparing Performance test plan, developing Performance test strategies, test cases and test scripts based on the requirements.
- Experience in performance monitoring tools like BAC, NMon, PerfMon, SiteScope, Wily Introscope, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, SPLUNK, Foglight, HP Performance Manager and other tools.
- Experience in Creating the Scripts to meet load-testing requirements according to the SLA (Service Level Agreement) agreed upon.
- Knowledge ofPerformancetrouble shooting (heap dump & Transaction traceability).
- Worked on creating small Web services such as SOAP AND REST API scripts using requests like web service call and web custom request.
- Have good experience in concepts of JVM, Heap Utilization, and Web Server Settings and also in tuning.
- Experience working with service virtualization, stubs and mock services to conduct end-to-end testing.
- Expertise in performing Base line and Load testing with NEOLOAD.
- Hands on experience in multiple platforms like Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/10.
- Hands on working knowledge on back-end testing using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Strong working knowledge in usage of Unix/Linux commands and ability to write shell scripts.
- Skilled in Troubleshooting and debugging of scripts and execution issues.
- Highly motivated, dedicated, love to work in fast-paced challenging endeavors as strong team player with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance.
- Expertise in Problem solving & defect Tracking Reports using Defect Tracking Tools (JIRA, Quality Center).
- Solid presentation skills including experience with Power Point, Word, Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills with ability to work in a team as well as individually in fast paced, dynamic team environment.
Automated Testing Tool: HP Suite (LoadRunner 12/11/9.5/9.1 , HP Performance Center, Quick Test Pro, HP ALM 11, Quality Center, Test Director and Win Runner)
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center/Test Director, Bugzilla and Clear Quest
Monitoring Tool: Wily Introscope, HP Site Scope and Windows Resources
Documentation Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook
Web Server: Web Sphere, Web Logic, Tomcat
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, DB2, MS SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/10/Server 2003, UNIX, LINUX, SOLARIS
Browsers: MS Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, Chrome
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, V Model
Sr. Performance Test Engineer
- Involved in different meetings to gather specifications and requirements (Load Metrics, Performance Requirements, SLA, Workflows, etc.) prior to testing.
- Participated and implemented agile testing practices for widely distributed teams and executed Performance Test Plan and Test Cases with a standard format.
- Generated LoadRunner automation scripts and prepared the test data accurately with the help of additional sub-scripts.
- Concrete Load Model was prepared to make the exact load as per production metrics.
- Tested SOA Based Applications using Web Services protocol.
- Develop performance test suites, creating threads and setting up sampler using JMeter Testing tools.
- Worked closely with the other engineers to determine if the proposed architecture can handle current and anticipated production volume.
- Executed different performance tests (Smoke Test, Baseline Test, Load Test, Stress Test, Capacity Test, and Endurance Test).
- Involved in Localization testing and Performance testing of web-based modules; handled Load testing using JMeter.
- Extensively used Wily Introscope to analyze the system resources bottlenecks like Memory Leaks, CPU utilization, Response time, TPS as well as problematic application and DB components.
- Analyzed the report and validate that the forecasted load levels can be reached with acceptable response times of Open Pages for given functionalities.
- Used AppDynamics to Monitor End User Experience, Overall Application Performance, Business Transaction Performance & Application Infrastructure Performance.
- Identifying the breakpoint for the Product by the increasing number of users using the application support without degrading the performance using Stress test.
- Determined the stability of the application by identifying memory leaks using the Endurance test.
- Used rendezvous concept of LoadRunner to generate peak load onto the server thereby stressing it and measuring its Performance.
- Identified the specific system component response times in order to troubleshoot performance bottlenecks.
- Monitor window server performance like CPU speed, number of CPU chores, RAM, Memory using monitoring tools like Dynatrace
- Used SPLUNK tool to check whether the messages are triggering at back end.
- Used Wily Introscope and HP SiteScope for identifying response time and memory leaks during load tests and also configured JVM heap size using Wily Introscope.
- Worked on performance testing report and made recommendation for system/application performance improvement.
- Identifying the problems, prioritizing them and communicated the bugs to the developers using Bug Tracking Tool Quality Center.
Environment: - HP Load Runner 12.5, JMeter, HP Quality Center, Performance Center, QTP, Web services, AppDynamics, SOAP UI, ASP.net, IIS, SQL server, XML, XML Spy, Oracle, TOAD, Splunk, Linux, Fitness, Site scope and Wily Introscope.
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Actively involved in gathering and analyzing of business requirements along with developing testing strategy in various clients.
- Developed Performance Testing Plan, Performance Testing Strategy based on the business specifications requirements and user requirements and prepared Close out Document and Executive level summary.
- Manual tested the requirements using Fiddler to verify Response Time of the single user on the system.
- Created LoadRunner scripts with Web (HTTP/HTML) and Web Services protocols based on the user workflow.
- Used embed XML files in JMeter and executed for performance load test.
- Created the load test scenarios using LoadRunner Controller from scratch, which includes Creating the VuGen Scripts and Assigning Vuser for each script.
- Defined transactions to measure server Performance under load by creating rendezvous points to simulate heavy load on the server.
- Deployed dashboards in Dynatrace for both operations and various lines of business.
- Analyzed the Transaction Summary Report and graphs generated in a LoadRunner Analysis session.
- Monitored different graphs like transaction response time and analyzed server performance status, hits per second, throughput, windows resources, database server resources.
- Expert in finding performance bottlenecks both in client side and server side and making recommendations for Performance Profiling or Tuning.
- Identified Performance issues using Load test results using LoadRunner Analysis and online monitors.
- Tested the application using various protocols in Load Runner (VUGen) for creating VUser scripts for client, server and web applications.
- Experience in Monitoring server Performance using Wily Introscope.
- Used Splunk to monitor long running transactions.
- Validated data by writing SQL Queries on different Environments.
- Maintained defects in Rally and participated in defect triage meetings.
- Interacted with developers during testing for identifying memory leaks, fixing bugs and for optimizing server settings at web, application and database levels.
- Working with the various development teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Conducted Knowledge sharing sessions to the team and acted as a functional consultant for the project team.
- Scheduled Test results review meetings with project teams to walk through Test reports and discuss about Performance Bottlenecks Identified.
- Logging the defects immediately when found and updating them in the Quality Center.
- Co-ordinated meeting for determining production readiness of applications and Involved in Project meetings and interacted to other team members in order to resolve the problems.
- Generating test reports to document all test results.
Environment: - HP Quality Center, HP LoadRunner 12, JMeter, Wily Introscope, Web services, Soap, UI, C, C#, .Net, MS Office Tools, Microsoft SQL 2012/2014, Splunk.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Responsible for developing and modifying automated test scripts using Load Runner.
- Involved in developing and executing performance test scripts for load and stress of UI, Mobile and Web services testing using HP LoadRunner & HP Performance Center.
- Involved in working with Developers and Vendor teams to understand project requirements (PTR) and create real-world test cases and use cases.
- Involved in reporting defects found in testing diligently, promptly, and accurately, using JIRA, standard defect tracking tools and Project Management tool HP ALM.
- Maintained WebSphere Infrastructure of HA Applications by keep monitoring Cells, node groups, nodes and allowing applications into HA Infrastructure, assigning JVMs in Test and Production to Application teams to deploy HA applications.
- Configuring CPU and Memory for WAS servers, IBM HTTP Web Server accordingly by monitoring Performance Tools.
- Created the load test scenarios and run the scenarios in order to monitor the performance using LoadRunner Controller.
- Established test data for testing the application, and performed scripting using VUGen.
- Trouble shooting errors both Application & JVM also analyzed heap/core plus error logs - configured JVM for optimum performance.
- Performed routine management of Web Sphere Environment like monitoring Disk Space, CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization.
- Automate the process of performance metrics collection using Performance Monitor (PerfMon) and Windows Task Scheduler.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the management team and walkthroughs.
- Extensively used HP Diagnostics to diagnose and troubleshoot Web/App server performance issues.
Environment: - HP LoadRunner, Splunk, Soap and Rest Web services, SoapUI, Java, Websphere, Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, Windows and Linux OS.
- Gathering and understanding the requirements.
- Developed Performance test plan and test scripts for web-based applications.
- Constructed benchmarks for the applications that include J2EE, and Oracle 11i products.
- Captured data from Vugen scripts by using ANSI- C functions, correlation, transaction timings, verification checkpoints and parameterization.
- Creating Performance scenarios and scripts for doing multiple iterations.
- Identified functionality and performance issues, including: deadlock conditions, database connectivity problems, and system crashes under load.
- Responsible for editing, updating, and maintaining load testing of existing scripts.
- Configured and used SiteScope Performance Monitor to monitor and analyze the performance of the server by generating various reports from CPU utilization, Memory Usage to load average etc.
- Analyzed LoadRunner Metrics and other performance monitoring tools results during and after performance testing on Application server database and generated various Graphs and Reports.
- Responsible for analyzing results, reports and charts to see response times of individual transactions with respect to whole applications.
- Monitored diagnostics on multi-tiered architecture using Foglight and Grid Control
- Monitored system resources and analyzed the results for identifying bottlenecks responsible for the poor performance.
- Involved in ServerSide Monitoring during performance test execution
- Identified gaps in the performance testing capability, capacity planning, and production monitoring and developed a plan to fill gaps.
- Analyzing the Performance Test Execution Report and preparing Final Testing Report
- Presented test results to stake holders from time to time.
Environment: - HP LoadRunner, WinRunner, HP BAC, HP J2EE Diagnostics, QC, Clear Quest, Oracle, Linux, Grid Control, J2EE, .Net, Windows, IIS.
Software Test Engineer
- Involved in gathering requirements from business analysts, users and responsible in 0preparing test plans.
- Created test cases and test scripts for testing the application to meet the requirements.
- Developed scripts using Web (HTTP/HTML), Web services. Used HTML and URL based recording to capture the communication between the client and the server using LoadRunner
- Involved in generating scripts and handling Correlation, Parameterization, Transaction points, Pacing, Debugging and various other functions using HP LoadRunner Vugen.
- Created LoadRunner test scenarios and scheduled the Virtual Users to generate realistic load on the server. Preparation of sufficient test data for all the performance tests.
- Design scenarios for Smoke Test, Load Test, Stress Tests, and Endurance Tests in Controller using 200 virtual users.
- Analyzing the test results and circulating initial report to the Stake holders.
- Preparation of detailed Performance Analysis Report with all observations and recommendations to the application and development teams.
- Executing the Performance tests and monitoring the results using Sitescope by involving Application team and DB teams for capturing the logs.
- Setting up environment for new joiners for all the required tools used in the project.
- Logging defects for the failed web service in Quality Center, performing Quality Center cleanup activities.
- Preparing the Analysis Reports and circulating them to the corresponding Service Managers and Development teams.
- Scheduled Test results review meetings with project teams to walk through Test reports and discuss about Performance Bottlenecks Identified.
- Preparing the Weekly Efforts sheet for the team and circulating them to the stake holders.
Environment: - HP LoadRunner 9.10, SiteScope, UNIX, HTML, MS Excel, C, IIS, Oracle 9i, Java, JVM, PL/SQL, Quality Center 8.2, Windows 2003/XP.