Qa Lead Engineer Resume
- Over 15 years of experience in testing of web based applications & 8 plus years of experience in test automation under limited supervision.
- Initiated automated regression testing on several engagements, resulting in significant cost savings wif reduced manual testing effort. Worked wif DevOps team to install and provide test automation environment
- As a QA Lead, was responsible for end to end testing and managed multiple projects and programs simultaneously wif three off shore resource teams for manual testing and test automation. Responsible to communicate teh testing status daily. Completed assignments on time wif high quality.
- Mentored newer members of teh team about testing details and test tools (QTP). Helped wif scripting & debugging errors during test run, create and assign defects, analyze teh results and send out test result reports on time.
- Strong background in working wif multiple teams (e.g. DevOps, DBAs, Project Architect, Development and QA teams) in arriving Confidential automated test strategy, creating/maintaining test scripts, conducting tests, analyzing results (application and server side) for various size and complex projects in various industry domains.
- As a part of application testing, performed load test, stress test, endurance test, disaster recovery test and monitored teh application stability, performance under stress and during disaster and ensured teh application software meets teh end user requirements.
- Maintained, updated wif latest version of Load Runner, Silk Performer and QTP on 23 physical and 9 virtual test servers. These servers were always available for test.
- Has worked in Agile and waterfall methodologies for testing. Agile certification by Confidential
- Strong technical and methodical aptitude wif an innate ability to analyze, coordinate, and synthesize data.
- Resourceful and creative; enjoy challenges and overcoming obstacles. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Systems: Vax, HP, Tandem, Sun, Stratus, Compaq PCs
Operating Systems: Unix, NT, Windows - XP, Windows 2007, Linux, Solaris, HP/UX
Databases: Oracle, Access, SQL Server
Architecture: Client-Server, ASP.NET, Web-GUI
Networks and related: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, SNMP, Network Management Tools
Test Automation Tools: WinRunner, LoadRunner (HTTP and TruClient protocols}, Test Director, QTP, QARun, Silk Performer, Quality Center, Selenium
Configuration Management: Sablime, CCMS (based on ClearCase)
Mainframe: CICS V6 & V7
Network monitoring: Bluestripe & Dynatrace
Confidential, Columbus, OH
QA lead Engineer
- Created detailed test plan to include resources, testing coverage, risks, timelines and regression testing. Worked wif business, application and release management to gain agreement on test strategy and approach.
- Helped team plan and create new test cases based on requirements. Enhanced existing tests in Quality Center to include new functionality
- Monitored teh daily testing progress through teh two week Agile sprint cycle, worked through teh daily testing issues, reassigned testing resources to meet delivery date. Escalated issues as necessary to teh management team. Oversee teh defect management process.
- Represented QA in teh daily Agile project status meetings and presented teh testing progress
- Automated integration testing using SOAP UI
- Identified and automated regression tests to maintain teh functionality of teh existing applications.
- Introduced smoke tests wif test automation after every build deployed on QA server.
- Worked wif application team and infrastructure teams to plan for teh data needed to cover adequate testing.
- Worked hands on wif teh team when teh schedules were tight to meet teh delivery deadline wif high quality.
- Conducted release reviews to identify and action areas for improvement
Sr Performance Engineer
- Created detailed performance test plan to include test objectives, testing timeline, testing effort, performance test types that will be included in teh test, test strategy, performance scenarios, test data, work load profiles, test execution strategy, measured transactions, monitoring, hardware details, test schedules, entrance criteria, exit criteria, issue/defect tracking, user scenarios wif details of steps and transactions.
- Created teh Load Runner scripts, identified & created data needed for teh performance testing.
- Performance tested wif 300 users for one hour. As there were frequent updates to teh environment, had to test off hours several times due to instability of teh environment.
- Created detailed performance testing results to include teh average transaction response time, application server CPU and memory usage, defects (login issues and failed transactions) and transactions taking more than 5 seconds.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
QA Lead Engineer
- Responsible for planning, creating detailed test plan, working wif offshore team to create teh test cases, test execution strategy wif weekly assignments and lead teh team to complete teh testing on time wif high quality.
- Use Quality Center for teh first time for creating, tracking and reporting of teh testing progress. Create teh end of teh testing document and present teh status to Utica Executives and was praised for completing teh personal lines project on scheduled time and wif high quality.
- Introduce QTP/Load Runner scripts for regression and performance testing of personal lines. Teh scripts enabled creating around 100 policies for testing per day.
- Start performance testing for personal lines using LoadRunner and got performance test metrics for personal lines applications for teh first time in Utica.
- Lead teh testing for two projects simultaneously wif production dates in first quarter of 2015. Was praised by teh CIO of teh Utica for having a big impact on teh quality and delivering on time.
- Managing off shore QA resources from Deloitte, NIIT and Mindtree to execute testing on projects.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Senior Performance & Automation Engineer
- Responsible for introducing performance testing in Confidential . Introduced HP tools: Quick Test Pro, LoadRunner into testing. Performance testing was done on small size projects, larger complex projects and main frame. Performance testing resulted in a reliable application wif a good response time and high customer satisfaction. .
- Ran performance tests and soak tests for every point release wif other applications sharing teh same resources, e.g. database & WebSphere. Documented teh test results and created defects in Quality Center. There were no performance issues in teh applications in production.
- Administrator for 23 physical and 9 virtual test machines.
- Mentored newer members of teh team about performance testing concept and test tools.
- Main frame testing on V6 and V7 for insurance policies.
- Planned teh servers for teh Disaster Recovery (DR) environment, installed teh test tools on virtual machines. Updated teh test scripts to work on teh DR network. Teh smoke tests on teh DR network found significant defects in teh applications and were fixed before teh QA testing began and saved significant down time to start QA testing.
System Test Coordinator (QA Lead)
- Responsible for quality assurance activities, including reviewing teh requirements for large complex systems (switches & data monitoring systems) for testability, creating teh testing strategy wif details of teh deliverables and testing approach, project scheduling, planning, estimating resources, detailed test case preparation based on requirements using MS office and Visio, mentoring system test engineers, planning and managing lab resources, regression and sanity testing, cross product testing (testing wif multiple enterprise systems), documentation testing, automation, lab setup including provisioning teh lab wif field data, installing and configuring test tools and third party software, defect tracking using Mercury Test Director, follow up wif development for defect fix, defect fix test strategy and representing teh team Confidential teh customer meeting and weekly status meeting for teh project.
- Managed an offshore test team for manual and regression testing of teh product and reduced teh project testing cost by 60%.
- Automated various tests - functional, regression and integration tests using WinRunner, QTP and QA Run; using Load Runner and reduced teh test cycle by 30%. Installed and configured teh test tools.
- Contributed to teh quality gates by adding unit testing Confidential teh end of teh development cycle to enforce quality of teh product coming to system test after development and this reduced teh defect rate found in system test by 20%.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes