Software Qa Tester Resume
- 3+ years of experience in Manual and Automation Testing in all phases of Life Cycle
- Strong base in Manual as well as Automation Testing of Web based application by preparing and executing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Reports and Documentation
- Expert knowledge and experience in Development Life Cycle like Agile, Scrum and Waterfall models
- Expertise in Analyzing Results, Bug Tracking & Reporting
- Expertise in Web - Based Applications, Functional and Regression Testing
- Writing Test Cases, Developing & Maintaining Test Suites, documenting all phases of QA Process
- Experienced in QA Docs (Test Plan, Scenarios, Test Case Design), Peer Reviews, Test Case Execution, analyzing the results of scripts, interaction with developers in fixing the errors by having Defect Triage meetings
- Expertise in testing/quality assurance. Specific testing expertise includes Manual testing techniques (Black Box Testing, System testing, Integration Testing, Functionality Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Positive, Negative Testing and Browser compatibility testing)
- Experience in Developing, Reviewing and Executing Test Cases
- Expertise in writing SQL queries for database transactions
- Good team player with Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong focus on Documentation, communication, process and constant improvements
- Responsible for presenting regular progress reports, defect reports and test execution reports
- Good experience in effort estimation and risk mitigation planning
- Self-motivated and detailed-oriented individual with high level of work ethics
Platforms: Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS X
Mobile Platforms: iOS, Android OS, Windows Phone
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, Internet, Intranet, LAN, WLAN
Test Automation: Selenium WebDriver
Virtualization: VMware, VirtualBox
Bug Tracking: Bugzilla, Mantis, JIRA
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera
Other: Firebug, aLogcat, xCode, Chrome dev. tools, MS Office
Software QA Tester
Confidential, Boulder, CO
- Tested a digital Web-based and iOS application that enables established and aspiring fashion models to reach their fitness goals
- Tested an application designed for creating short videos on mobile devices out of available video, audio files and images
- Tested an Online drugstore and pharmacy
- Followed Agile Methodology for application Implementation and Testing and participated in sprint daily scrum, planning, Review, meetings
- Developed Test Plan Document for numerous Releases
- Automate the test cases and performed Gray Box Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Usability testing.
- Participated in Requirement gathering phase with business team for Data migration test.
- Created parallel logic to validate the information recorded in reports.
- Data testing and validation of the data for executing SQL queries on test data held on a database.
- Validation of concept before implementation (Visualization and interlinking) and Validation of functionality changes.
- Identified the Automation scenarios, Designed/Setup the Hybrid framework, prepared the UI Object Info, Functions, test Data, Prepared the Test Suite, Executed the Scripts, and updated the scripts as part of maintenance.
- Execute Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari) of a Web based application.
- Create and execute End to End Use Cases for User Acceptance Testing and responsible for centralizing the testing approaches in various projects.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed Test Cases also involved in weekly status and task review meeting.
- Involved in reviewing Business and Functional Specification documents.
- Actively participated in various meetings including Business Analysts, Development, Scrum and QA Meetings.
- Involved in Iteration/Sprint planning meeting to plan the stories that needs to be developed and tested in the upcoming sprint based on the priority and estimated effort.
- Extensively used SQL for Back End testing to validate data in the database and documented test results and sent email communications with test results.
- Used various available features of Manual Testing to develop efficient and error free Test Scripts.
- Understanding table structure and database testing to fetch necessary records.
- Tested the application for browser compatibility on various browsers like IE, Firefox and Chrome.
- Validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity.
- Interacted with Developers and management to identify and resolve technical issues and presented regular progress reports, defect reports and test execution reports.