- Worked as an Automation Tester and Quality Analyst for last 5+ years, analyzing designing and implementing testing strategy for application build on C# and Java using Manual and Automation Testing.
- Domain knowledge in Energy, Health Insurance, Retail and Service Areas.
- Excellent working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Proficient in different forms of testing like Manual testing, Unit testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing and Non - functional testing.
- Automation experience in Selenium using C# and Visual Studio.
- Extensive experience on POS self-checkout / POS QA Testing, involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment; testing and validating POS transaction in accordance with PCI-Compliance.
- Have a good experience in Data Migration testing and Web Interface testing.
- Experience in creating test data and end to end testing for POS devices/application.
- Experience with defect tracking and analysis using different defect tracking tools such as TFS (Team Foundation Server) and Quality Center.
- Experience in designing Automation Framework using C# and Java scripts.
- Experience in using IDE like Visual Studio.
- Experience on working with XML/JSON and testing API using SOAPUI and Postman.
- Proficient in Manual Testing and Automation Testing with Tools such as Selenium, QTP, Load Runner, JIRA, Quality Center (QC)/ALM 11.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries on databases for backend testing.
- Conducted Test Strategy/Test Scenarios/Test Scripts walkthrough meetings with the SA/Developers/SMEs/Business Team to ensure full testing coverage and discuss about the Test entry criteria, Test exit criteria.
- Prepared QA LOE and managed Resource Planning.
- Strong Team Player with the ability to work collaboratively with other team members, fast learner, accountable, Proactive, flexible and adapt to new areas and technologies.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, detail-oriented, interpersonal, communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Deploy and run the Continuous Integration builds as part of the Code deployment using Jenkins.
- Strong experience in functional and UAT testing using Selenium Web Driver on both platforms as well as cross platform web testing on all major web browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and IE).
- Excellent team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
Languages: C#, HTML/XHTML, XML
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Quality Center, TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, Postman, SOAPUI
IDE: Visual Studio, SQL Developer
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Xpather
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome
Test Framework: NUnit, TestNG, JUnit
Other tools: SourceTree, Bitbucket, GIT, TFS, TFVC
Confidential, Ankeny, IA
QA Automation Engineer/ SDET
- Analyzed and reviewed Business and Functional Requirements documents and Use Case documents.
- Worked with Business Analysts and end users while developing test cases, test scenarios also while testing the application.
- Involved in design and development of keyword-driven automation framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Actively participated in Scrum meetings and involved in developing Test Plan, Test Cases and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) in TFS.
- Contributed in regular status meetings to state any bugs, problems and risks.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity and integration testing using Selenium Webdriver.
- Developed and implemented automated scripts for testing web-based applications using C#, Visual Studio, Nuget, NUnit, Specflow, and Selenium Web Driver.
- Built automation scripts using Data driven and NUnit Framework.
- Worked with the functionality and Regression testing cycles of major product releases by developing test suites using Selenium Webdriver.
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve the information from the databases to check whether the data has been updated.
- Used SQL queries to perform Select, Update, Delete, Insert and Join statements.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver and NUnit using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach like SpecFlow.
- Developed and executed several SQL queries in SQL Server as part of backend testing and involved in data validation and verifying data-integrity and also to check the data flow between different Systems.
- Used Postman to test RESTful web services and apis.
- Used Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests.
- Used browser developer tools to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Attributes and Tags.
- Used Postman to test the API/web services responses and validate the data in the UI.
- Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production
- Implemented test schedule, tracked defects and assigned them to developers based on their priority.
- Verified that the Software Quality Assurance Standards are met throughout all phases of development.
Environment: AGILE, TFS, SQL, SQL Server, Postman, Selenium Webdriver, BDD, Specflow, NUnit, Nuget, C#, Visual Studio
Confidential, Boston, MA
Quality Assurance Analyst/ Tester
- Developed and executed the test scripts with Selenium Webdriver and Java.
- Within Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), I have been involved both directly and indirectly with Test Requirement Identification, Project Setup, Planning Estimation, Test Strategy,
- Test Outline, Test Design, Test Plan reports, Automation, Test Execution, Regression reports.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and tested each SPRINT deliverable.
- Participated in Test Planning and Automation Effort estimations.
- Reviewed Business Requirement documents (BRD) and Functional Specifications Documents (FSD) to prepare Test Cases and identify Test Scenarios.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings to report daily progress of Automation activities and Sprint planning meetings.
- Involved in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Involved in creation of Automation Framework that uses Java and Selenium Webdriver.
- Executed test cases and test scripts for manual and automation testing.
- Used XPath, CSS Selector, ID, Name, Link Text locators to identify objects.
- Performed cross-browser testing and executed test cases on multiple platforms using Selenium Grid.
- Used Jira to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests and deploy applications.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of existing selenium scripts.
- Used Postman for testing RESTful web services and apis.
- Performed extensive Backend testing using SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the database and checked data integrity.
- Executed End-to- End test scenarios.
- Extensively involved in resolving bugs fixes with Development Team.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, Java, Eclipse, Web Services and RESTful api, Jira, Oracle Server.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Automation Quality Analyst
- Involved in the creation of Test plan, Test cases and Test procedures for manual testing.
- Performed Smoke, Regression, Integration, System testing and end-to-end testing of the application.
- Used JIRA as Project/Test Management Tool.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, (UAT) User Acceptance Testing, and End to End Testing
- Worked on executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like, Cucumber.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concepts and Java Language.
- Used Source tree to check in the code and get the latest code
- Used SoapUI to test the API responses and validate the data in the UI
- Providing test data for cross flow Testing Teams and coordination between onsite offshore teams.
- Used SQL Developer for querying database and performing back end validation.
- Involved in UAT testing of Large Quotes grouping logic in invoicing
- Testing UI for Large Commercial Customers Order
- Attended weekly meetings with team leaders, managers and developers to discuss the issues found during the execution of the test cases.
- Prepared testing metrics and defect reports to communicate about the status and progress of the testing efforts with the management team members.
- Prepared Test Results and Test Summary Document for Sign Off and prepared RTM
- Acted as a Coordinator between offshore and onsite teams.
Environment: AGILE, Jira, SQL, SQL Server, Postman, Selenium Webdriver, BDD, Cucumber, TestNG, Java, Eclipse
Confidential, Grapevine, Texas
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and executed test scripts and test plans to identify software problems and their causes.
- Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Assisted in supporting day-to-day operational SuccessFactors data needs, which include ensuring integrity for employee records and investigating issues/inquiries.
- Wrote test cases using MTM (Microsoft Team Manager).
- Experienced in using Team Foundation Server (TFS) for logging, tracking and reporting bugs in the application.
- Defined, developed, and executed automation test scripts using C# that leverage black box and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium Grid by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Created Selenium WebDriver automation scripts to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Performed web services testing using RESTful API and Postman.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
Environment: TFS, Visual Studio, MTM, Selenium WebDriver, SpecFlow, NUnit, TFS, RESTful, C#, .NET, XPath, SQL Server, IE, Firefox, Chrome.
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
- Worked in Agile methodology with SDLC.
- Created test cases, executing, recording results.
- Conducted integration test, platform testing.
- Created automated test scripts by modifying the existing functions.
- Conducted regression test, by using the automated scripts for QTP.
- Created test data with the help of python tool.
- Conducted benchmark testing for performance for each Sprint.
- Created performance graphs for each Sprint.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, SQL Server, Agile Methodology (Scrum/Sprint)