- 7+ years of manual and automation testing experienced seeking a QA Tester/Analyst position where I can add quality to innovative global solutions.
- My goal is to find innovative ways to apply existing skills, while learning new skills. Enjoy both team and independent work environments.
- Experience in analysis of Software Requirement Specifications and development of Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test Cases, also Experienced in developing software test procedures, plans and test results documents.
- Have a solid understanding of all software development life cycle (SDLC) stages followed by various test methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile test methodology.
- Expert in Black Box, Smoke, Functional, Positive, Negative, Integration, Regression, End to End, System, Regression, UAT, and Automation Testing.
- Possess excellent skills in Manual Testing along with skills in Automation Testing using HP Quick Test Professional (QTP)/ UFT, HP ALM/Quality Center (QC).
- Experienced with defect tracking tools such as JIRA, and TestRail.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) experience required must be able to manage tasks within Microsoft Test Manager.
- Expertise in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), and working experience in writing complex SQL queries.
- Have strong knowledge of SQL, updating database queries for Backend Testing, in - depth Knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server, resolved Database Performance issues. Also Performed SOA and Web Service Testing using SOAP-UI.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and interacted with client/ end-users to support UAT sessions.
- Experienced in Data Analysis, Developing Source to Target Mappings and ensure data integrity.
- Good understanding of application builds in .NET Technology, C++, Java, AJAX, Web Services, HTML, XML.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts to understand the business processes & developed various Test documents.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with clear understanding of team building.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Microsoft Windows (98, 2003, XP, Vista, and 7)
AUTOMATION TOOLS: HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) | HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
TEST MANAGEMENT TOOLS: HP Quality Center (QC/ALM) | Jira | Test Rail
INTERNET BROWSERS: Google Chrome | Internet Explorer | Mozilla Firefox
DATABASE TOOLS: Oracle | DB2 | MS SQL Server
OOTHERS SOFTWARE: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) SQL Developer
Confidential, Allentown, PA
- Interact with the project team to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical analysis to identify, collect and organize detailed information relating to testing requirements.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and materials.
- Developed and implemented all kinds of documents (Test plan, test scenarios, test cases, test scripts, defect analysis report, RTM).
- Perform Back-End Tests, Regression Tests, Ad-Hoc Tests, End to End Tests, Boundary Tests, GUI Tests, Functional testing with Positive and Negative Tests for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Create and execute Test Cases for some of the modules of the application under test (AUT) using TestRail.
- Responsible for defect tracking and management metrics, defects are logged and change requests are submitted using Jira also Generate Test Analysis Reports and Graphs using Dashboard.
- Work simultaneously in multiple project as per team demand and work on ALM for test management and bug tracking purpose.
- Responsible for automation testing and create automation script using Descriptive programming using UFT/QTP tool followed by various automated framework such as Modular, Data Driven, Hybrid Frameworks.
- Develop test scripts for Functional testing, System testing, Regression testing and Integration testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP)/ UFT.
- Enhance the scripts by creating Actions, Checkpoints, Synchronization points, and data driven test and modular test in QTP.
- Involve developing VB Scripts User-defined function to perform the Data Driven Testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Expert In writing complex SQL queries using various joining and operators for Backend testing purpose using Oracle database and SQL Server.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and provide to the end users about the new application.
- Involve in the team meetings with representatives from Development, Database Management, Configuration Management, and Requirements gathering to identify and correct defects.
Confidential, Charlette, NC
Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
- Analyzed the requirements and designed and implementation plan, involved in test automation strategies, creating test scenarios, test plans and performed inspection of the test script.
- Involved in developing test cases based on requirement specification and Design Specifications (use-cases).
- Translated requirements, designs and functional specs into Test plans for each Confidential and Test cases for functionality in the modules specified in the requirements documents.
- Verified the correctness of the software calculations and created test data files to thoroughly test program logic and system flow.
- Command the design and development of a comprehensive Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Requirements using conventional QA methodology and HP automated testing tools, such as QTP and Quality Center.
- PerformedSmoke, Usability, Functional Testing, Regression testing, and Integration, UAT testing for each build of the applications.
- Managed requirements using Requirement Plan Manager of Quality Center.
- Documented Test Cases corresponding to the business requirements in Test Plan Manager of Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center to write test cases and execute, bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Involved with automation team and performed regression testing automated way using HP QTP. Created script using VB script and Enhanced script for different build of the application.
- Used descriptive programming for creating automation script purpose, also used conditional statement, loop, wait statement, error handling, variables to enhance the script.
- Wrote Complex SQL queries using various joining to validate data using various database such as Oracle, DB2.
- Responsible for creating weekly status reports regarding the progress of testing process.
- Prepared and presented progress reports and attended all meetings as required.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
Junior Software Tester
- Extensively Involved in Testing, Manual and Automated using tools HP Quick Test Pro (QTP), HP Quality Center (QC), SOAP UI, and Web and Client/Server Applications.
- Having good experienced in Black Box Testing such as Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, System Testing and UAT Testing.
- Experienced of Quality Assurance, Testing Principles, and Configuration, Change Management Disciplines and Software Development and Engineering.
- Extensive performed in entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Business requirements analysis, Design, Development and testing.
- Extensive experienced in Analyzing Software Requirement Specifications and involved in development of Test Plans, Test Cases and executing them.
- Excellent logic skills for understanding and developing system workflows and well suited for communicating with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Directly involved in Manual Testing for Web and Client/Server applications on Windows Platforms like Windows XP and Windows7.
- Heavily Used Test management tools such as HP Quality Center Writing Test Case, Defect tracking and reporting.
- Wrote basic and complex SQL queries to retrieve and validate data from database.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently and also perform as part of a team.