- A self - motivated Selenium tester with over 6+ years of professional experience in Software Testing and technically proficient inManual, Back-end, and Automated testing of client server, Web based, and applicationsusing various tools like Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, and QTP
- Strong knowledge skills in analyzing client's requirements, modeling the system, andensuring the functionality, with client satisfaction as the primary focus.
- Experience in automation and manual testing of large scale applications for web based, mobile and client /server applications.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver (JAVA), Cucumber (Gherkins), SoapUI to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Expertise in test automation using HP QTP, Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit TestNG and JAVA.
- Create and Automate tests usingSeleniumIDE andSeleniumWeb Driver.
- Develop and document test scripts, test cases, defect tracking and reports.
- Good experience in OOPs using Core Java and extensively used classes, objects, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling, packages, collection, reflection and many more.
- Analyze the results of software tests and provide results for use in development code inspections and group reviews of project deliverables.
- Experience in White Box and Black Box testing for functionality and structural flow of an application.
- Proven ability in writing test plans, test cases, and test reports..
- Expertise in writing SQL queries and performing Backend Testing.
- Experience in working with open source tools likeSelenium(SeleniumWeb Driver,SeleniumIDE), Eclipse, Maven, Cucumber, TestNG and development of Automation test framework.
- Proficient in working on software development frameworks like Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in different methodologieslike Waterfall and Agile/Scrum.
- Good understanding of the STLC process- Test Case documentation, review
- Good at using Test Management tools such as Rally, JIRA, ALM, QC bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments
- Maintained the Selenium and JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like SVN, GIT over the time for improvements and new features.
- Performed Unit, System, Acceptance, Regression, load and functional / performancetesting on some basic applications using both automated and manual testing methods.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with diversepopulation and maintain accurate records.
- Enhanced test case, log defect report for testing purpose using Quality Center.
- Identified software defects using Quality Center and communicated to the developers
- Extensive experience in Functional Testing, Black box Testing, Grey box Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Testing, Back-end Testing, Browser compatibility Testing, and Component Testing on Windows.
- Good understanding of Unified Functional Testing(UFT) formerly QTP features like Object Repository, Checkpoints, Object identification, Descriptive Programming, Exception Handling, Regular expression and Object Spy.
- Tested applications in IE and browsers for compatibility.
- Involved inQAteam meetings, defect tracking meetings and assisted team members in completion of the tasks.
- Effective team player and excellent communication skills with insight to determine priorities, schedule work and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical and inter personnel skills.
Operating Systems: Windows 10/8/7, Windows Server 2016
Testing tools: SeleniumIDE,SeleniumRC, Web driver, Cucumber, SOAPUI, Grid, Postman.
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, SSMS, Oracle, MySQL.
Testing Frameworks: TestNG
Utilities: Eclipse IDE,GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, XPATH, AJAX.
Defect Tracking Tools Quality Center (11.0), Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS), VSTS, Power BI Desktop, Power BI service.
Web Debugging Tools: XPath, Web debugger
Web Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome.
Version Control Tools: Team Foundation Server (TFS), VSTS.
Project Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall.
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, SharePoint
Confidential, Redmond, WA
Software Test Engineer
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Responsible for writing test cases and manage defects in Quality center.
- Involved in writing the test cases for the implemented code and performed debugging and unit testing.
- Created automated scenarios using TestNG framework to generate Data-Driven and Keyword-Driven test scripts for regression testing.
- Experience in Web services/API testing for both SOAP and REST services using SoapUI and tested both XML and JSON formats.
- IntegratedSeleniumWebDriver API with TestNG, used different TestNG annotations to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environments.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases inSeleniumWebDriver using Java.
- Implemented test automation for handling popups.
- Used Firebug and FirePath to locate the web elements like Html id, name, cssSelector, xpath, className, linkText, partialLinkText.
- Worked on synchronization usingSeleniumwaits and sleep methods.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects inSelenium.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox to simulate production environment.
- Used Maven build tool to implement the framework dependency jar files.
- Maintained theseleniumscripts in GIT repository.
- Updated the framework functions when needed, executed them and generated reports.
- Performed bug reporting usingSeleniumscreenshots for analysis and debugging.
- Successfully completed User Acceptance Test (UAT) on each release of the project.
- Written SQL Queries to perform back end testing on SQL Database.
- Used Project Management tools JIRA to prioritize, classify bugs and tracked defects.
- Developed SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to supportPowerBIreports.
- Involved in certificates to be renewed/ rotated and storage to bere-mounted into CDS-A without impacting Power BI reports.
- Participating in the Technical discussion with team for the Implementation.
- Provided daily Status Updates on work completed and the progress.
- Actively interacted with the development team to fix critical bugs.
- Defect Analysis and reporting.
- Participating in Daily stand up Agile/Scrum meetings to discuss regarding the enhancements to be made for the existing requirements.
Confidential - Vienna, VA
QA Selenium Tester
- Experience with Development and Testing of Restful Services based on Specifications.
- Analysis of functional specifications and designing Test Plans, Test cases for Functional Testing.
- Performed records, enhanced, and plays back test in Fire fox usingSeleniumIDE.
- Performed requirements Analysis, Risk analysis, Dependency Analysis and Issues/Problems Analysis.
- Collaboration with development and otherQAon test execution.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Used SQL Queries for backend testing to check the data integrity and data consistency.
- Interaction with developers to report software bugs and re-test the fixed issues.
- Actively participation in GUI testing, Functional testing, System testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing.
- Involved in integration testing of different modules.
- Modification and execution of Test case Scripts in Eclipse IDE, design of automation test framework.
- Wrote test cases and performed Manual Testing like Positive Testing and Negative Testing, Regression, Integration, Unit Testing.
- Coordinated with software developers and business analysis to discussQAconcerns.
- Tested Web-based systems and identified any performance and quality issues.
- Wrote SQL queries for triggers, functions and stored procedures.
- Involved in the unit testing, integration testing for quality assurance.
- Reviewed product specifications to pinpoint any potential design flaws.
- Prepared defect summary reports and reported results to management for further action.
- Developed test plans and test case documents.
- Work closely with developers, business stakeholders and act as an integral part of the software development team using iterative development process.
- Used Postman to testWebAPIfunctionality.
- Provided weekly statuses to the project manager as well as users.
- Reported the status of testing activities to the teams and management as necessary.
- Proficient in working with claim processing systems.
- Used TFS (Team Foundation Server) to share all the work, code, to sort out the exceptions raised during work.
- Provided daily Status Updates on work completed and the progress.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules and discussed ambiguities with business analysts.
- Participated in technical, status review, and release and production meetings.
- Involved with the Development team and also developed Automation Scripts using Java.
- Used QTP as a tool for automation testing by using python.
- Developing automation test scripts in HP QTP /HPUFT for testing scenarios involving the multiple regions.
- Involved in the module wise execution of HP QTP /HP UFT Scripts created for Locations.
- Developed framework from scratch by implementing Data driven and Page object mode.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity, and integration testing using Selenium.
- Wrote BDD UAT using Gherkin format and implemented the step definitions using Cucumber.
- Implemented BDD (Cucumber) to write scenarios and Step definition files.
- Used Selenium Web driver(JAVA), Parallel Processing, Eclipse TestNG Annotations in creating HTML reports, Test Suites and Test Scripts
- Used TestNG annotations like groups, parameters, Data Providers to group the test cases, test methods, test suits for regression and functional testing.
- Used LoadRunner for the performance Testing.
- Wrote Maven build dependencies to automate the compilation and execution of JUNIT test Cases/suites.
- Maintaining the Selenium scripts in GIT repository
- Used SOAPUI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records in MySQL database.
- Prepared and executed batch test suite through TestNG via Maven
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool.
- Upload and download files by using AutoIt.
- Performed multi browser testing to check application can work on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers
- Expertise in Project Management tools like ALM to prioritize, classify bugs and tracked defects
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, QTP, ALM, REST API, SOAPUI, SQL-Server, Cucumber, Java, TestNG, Agile, Perfecto, Jenkins, JUnit.
- Analyzing the business application and its requirements. Perform requirements ambiguity testing. Identification of high level scenarios
- Developed Business and Generic Key words as per the Requirement, specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc
- Test Script execution on Selenium WebDriver(JAVA)
- Reviewing the Test Reports using TestNG
- Updating Framework functions when needed.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases per requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database (Back end testing).
- Developed the Automation Test Scripts.
- Constant improvement of our Test Automation and Continuous Integration using Jenkins practices.
- Documented all defects found in HP Quality Center defect tracking system.
- Performed Functional and Compatibility Testing on different browsers like Chrome, Firefox and IE.
- Review of system test cases, regression test cases and sanity test cases as per Testing Requirements and upload them to test management tool as per client specification
- Identification of critical test cases for code hand off
- Participated defect triage meetings with both business and development team.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Firebug, FirePath, HTML, Java Script, CSS, Jenkins,AJAX, SQL.