- Improved customer satisfaction with implementation of vision system to eliminate risk of mixed parts condition.
- Made significant contribution to implement mistake proofing to reduce manual error and efficient process.
- Over five years work experience in quality systems, process control and lean manufacturing.
- Experienced in Metrology devices & other equipment
- Ability to maintain and calibrate gauges & other measuring instruments
- Well understanding of GD&T, various CMM, calibration, Manual/Programmable contour and different gauges
- Skilled in metallurgical evaluation includes hardness testing and case depth.
- Trained as a Internal Auditor for ISO/TS16949:2009
- Utilized Statistical Process Control (SPC) with MINITAB 18 for process monitoring.
- Trained with APQP, quality standards including ISO/TS16949, ISO14001 and ISO 9001
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel & Internet.
Senior Quality Engineer
- Responsible for Quality Planning on new launch which includes:
- Development of control plan, Operator Data Sheets, Work Instructions and all related documentary requirements based on customer specific requirements.
- Preparation of Gauge Plan and procurement of required gauges as per customer required specifications that includes all critical characteristics to initiate prototype run for customer approval.
- Responsible for tracking and qualifying suppliers as per Confidential standards which includes:
- Review and approval of supplier PPAP documents.
- Report supplier performance and quality to management.
- Communicate and Issue a corrective action for any identified quality related issues.
- Responsible for all data collection and analysis for PPAP submission of new/revised launches which includes capability studies, dimensional layout, Gage R&R, etc.
- Responsible for any quality issues identified during new launch.
- Responsible for root cause analysis and corrective action implementation on any quality related issues on new launch.
- Responsible for submission of PPAP as per customer required time line on new launch.
- Assist in MRB on existing running products.
Senior Quality Engineer
- Responsible for effective communication with internal and external customers to ensure all quality requirements are met as per customer requirements.
- Actively involved in quality planning (Control Plans, APQP, FMEA, PPAP, Gauging, MSA, SPC etc).
- Participate in APQP meetings. Prepare PPAP packages and obtain customer approval to meet deadlines. Perform capability studies, layouts, and CMM data analysis.
- Initiate root cause analysis, corrective actions for customer, supplier and internal concerns. Verify corrective actions are effective.
- Review and update process documentation as required.
- Supplier management that includes direct communication, corrective action follow - up and performance evaluation
- Conduct audits including opening CAR as per audit findings and determine adequate corrective and preventive actions
Advanced Quality Engineer
- Responsible for Quality Planning on new launches which includes development of control plan, Inspection Records, Work Instructions based on customer quality requirements (specific requirements or general customer requirements) using existing processes and methods.
- Coordinating the gauging requirements and sample inspection activities with the customer, preparing the initial sample inspection report according to customer specifications and achieving prototype release from the customer.
- Conduct/coordinate/analyze all data collection related to the PPAP of new/revised launches that includes capability studies, dimensional layout, Gage R&R, etc.
- Responsible for identifying and escalating relevant quality issues to the adequate management level for new launches.
- Coordinating with supplier includes gauging and tooling supplier to ensure that all customer specific requirements are met.
- Ensure that special characteristics are identified, controlled and agreed with the customer.
- Responsible for timely execution of PPAP on new launches.
- Participate in root cause analysis and corrective action implementation on the issues that preventing customer requirements (dimensional issues, capability requirements) related to new launch.
- Support Manufacturing /Engineering through timely root cause analysis of production quality issues identified in daily production audit and new product quality audit validation testing
- Working to improve cost reduction and continuous improvement with product teams
- Act as liaison for selected customers to ensure their inquiries and requirements are addressed in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of suppliers and serve as interface for information flow between customers, the company and suppliers
- Coordination of supplier sample submissions - review suppliers PPAP, co-ordinates and execute customer PPAP
- Preparation of reports for Quality Assurance Department.
- Other tasks as assigned by QA Manager/Designate.
Quality Assurance Inspecto
- Involved in PPAP preparation, capability studies and MRB
- Perform in-process checks, first off approvals, Special Inspections and complete layout of part for PPAP and all manuals as per requirements using various types of gauges, micrometers, calipers, height indicators, Surface testers, manual/programmable contour tracer and CMM-Zeiss(UMESS and CALYPSO) and report any non conformity with tag.
- Perform metallurgical evaluation of the part, includes checking hardness and case depth.
- Receive raw material, castings and forgings include checking Brinell hardness and final release of finished products after Millipore test.
- Handle Customer/ Supplier quality related issues and corrective actions.
- Perform internal audits(Product/Process, System) and LPA, determine corrective and preventive actions
- Ensure that all production and rework is carried out in accordance with company quality manual and customer specifications
- Quarantine suspect parts until quality control issues resolved
- Maintain condition and carry out regular calibration of inspection equipment
Quality Assurance Officer
- Manage Quality System to ensure conformity of purchased and fabricated products to meet established specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining the overall Quality System of the company.
- Maintain and constant update the documentation for the ISO-certification processes
- Responsible for Continuous improvements and support in implementation of ISO related processes and procedures in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
Quality Control Inspector
- Responsible for all aspects of the Q.C. function, planning, filing, data entry and monitoring the systems necessary to ensure that customer is consistently supplied with product and service of the highest quality
- Liaison with engineering to improve errors and omissions.
- Quality control of curtain wall, windows, vents fabrication and assembly with special emphasis on SSG (Structural Silicon Glazing).
- Inspection of first-offs, assemblies and Receiving as per specifications
- Maintain up-to-date engineering documents i.e. bulletins, assembly drawings etc. for shop use.
- Led all forestry logging operations of hardwood and softwood
- Closely worked with marketing to integrate customer ideas into final products
- Provided technical support in developing, maintaining and testing of new methods for improved working conditions