- Over 7 years of experience working as QA Engineer for Software Development and Testing life Cycle including preparation of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases and Test summary reports.
- Expert in Testing Life Cycle (TLC): Including Risk Analysis, Planning Process, Test Design, Performing Test, Defect Tracking, Management and Test Reporting.
- Experience in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing wif tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, Quality Center, ANT/Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, JIRA, SOAP UI, PostMan and GitHub.
- Experience wif Agile Scrum and Waterfall and TDD (Test Driven Development) methodology.
- Experience in designing Automation test framework by following Model, View and Controller approach.
- Sound noledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of teh Script.
- Experience in Business Functionality Testing, User Interface testing, Unit testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, End - to-end Testing, Manual Testing, UAT Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, documentation and Reporting.
- Experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Data, and Test Execution.
- Professional experience in designing Test Cases and Test Scripts for Windows, Mac, Java, Oracle and UNIX environments.
- Experience in web services testing like REST API, SOAP UI and POSTMANN.
- Experience in using Quality Center/HP ALM and Jira to manage defect lifecycle for teh various test efforts, review and analyze teh results & utilized its reporting feature to generate detailed defect report.
- Expertise in analyzing teh results and reporting suggestions and defects.
- Experience wif Visual Source Safe and Microsoft Office tools (Ms-Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed wif SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills wif teh ability to effectively communicate wif peers and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment. A proactive team player wif proven interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player wif an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/Grid, QTP, TestNG, Soap UI, Cucumber, PostMan
Programming Languages: JAVA, SQL, Python
Project/Test Management Tools: HP Quality Center, Jira, BugZilla, HP ALM
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG.
Web Debugging Tool: Firebug, Firepath.
Build Tool: Ant, Maven.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins.
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access.
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Android, UNIX.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Test Automation Engineer
- Responsible for analyzing business, functional and IT requirement documents and prepare complete Test Plans including system test plan, integration test plan, QA project plans and resource planning and allocation.
- CreatedAutomationscenarios for regression testing using teh manual test case flows. Gathered consolidated requirements for generating performance goals and test plans.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver and created selenium manual &automationscripts, frameworks in Java using TestNG.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver,Eclipse, TestNG and Java.
- Created Test Automation Framework for new enhancements in Selenium WebDriver using Java and TestNG.
- Integrated TestNG framework to run teh test suit and as a reporting tool.
- Maintained user documentation wif TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- UtilizedMavento manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run smoke or regression testing.
- Created teh tests that has no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests usingMaven.
- Involved onCucumbertesting and defined teh test scenarios and created teh test cases in Test Manager.
- Used Cucumber automated testing to test new and existing functionality.
- Configured teh test suite toJenkinsto make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce teh feedback loop time to teh developers.Executing automated OTA tests usingJenkinsand sharing status reports.
- Recorded JMeter user scripts implementing parameterization both manually and by data driven wizards in JMeter.
- Performedmanualtesting by executing test cases for all modules before creating automated scripts to validate teh test procedure.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- UsedFire Bug andFire Path, Xpath, CSS, ID, Name locators to identify objects.
- Involved in writing unique XPath using Firebug andFire Path to identify web elements.
- Developed test scripts for service calls and rendered data through XML files.
- Worked wif Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Performed functional testing of Web Services /XML /SOAPand RESTful services usingSoap UI tool.
- Updated theJIRAwif manual/automated test cases.Involved in writing teh Acceptance Criteria and Test Cases for teh Stories assigned to inJIRA.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify teh proper insertion, deletion and updates into teh Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in teh application using Selenium Web driver.
- Presented progress of teh testing process atwalkthroughsandinspections.
- Worked wif Developers, Business analysts and Project managers to determine requirements (H/W specs, Test Cases, Test Data).
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Eclipse, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, XML, XPath, Jira, JMeter, XPath, Firebug, Firepath, SQL, MSWord, MS Excel, Windows.
Confidential, Brea, CA
Test Automation Engineer
- Reviewed teh Business/ Functional/ System Requirement Specs, High Level Design Documents, and Detailed Design Documents.
- Responsible for developing and designing theautomationframework in terms of test case requirement.
- Developedautomationframework and scripts for End to End (e2e) testing using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Used Selenium WebDriver wif java plugin to generate automated test scripts for functional testing, GUI testing and enhancing teh existing scripts
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in teh application and automated it by using Selenium web driver andTestNG.
- Involved in developing test automation framework using Selenium WebDriver and writing code in Java, using TestNG annotations.
- IntegratedTestNGwif Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- UsedMavento help manage project's build, report and documentation across teh network.
- Worked wif designing and building automation frameworks in Cucumber BBD.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber framework.
- Monitored teh test execution in Jenkins once teh code pushed into Continuous Integration.
- UsedJenkinsfor continuous integration tests, adding suites and running scripts on teh Jenkins server.
- Designed scenarios in JMeterto perform Load and Stress tests and to analyze results.
- Conducted elaboratemanual testing on test cases and provided feedback to teh development team.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify teh Object's id, Name, Xpath, link in teh application.
- Used Selenium Locators like XPath, Tags and CSS to work wif dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Used XML files in Sending/receiving XML requests usingSOAP UI.
- Validated Web services using SOAP UI by testing XML request and response data communicating wifSOAP.
- Developed Integration and System test cases using Quality Center.
- Written, executed Test cases, and documented defects in teh Quality Center.
- Managed software defect information, interacted wif Business users to fix severity and priority of issues.
- Attended Daily Scrum Meetings and participated in weekly project status meeting and updated teh testing Progress.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, JMeter, Jenkins, Eclipse, Cucumber, Maven, TestNG, Soap UI, Fire Bug, Fire Path, XML, XPath, MSWord, MS Excel, SQL, Center, Windows.
Confidential, Boca Reton, FL
- Analyzed teh user requirements, functional specifications and used Case documents for Functional testing.
- Prepared automation test scripts to validate various functionalities using Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Developed automated script for back-end testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Knowledge of writing TestNG tests using TestNG framework.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver wif TestNG.
- Manage Automation project wifMavenBuild tool.
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by usingJenkinsand mailed teh build outputs to teh team members.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed teh workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Verification of Frontend GUI Objects and elements.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of teh Project's schedule and status.
- Logged & tracked defects inHP ALM and follow up to make sure they are resolved and tested inQA environment before teh code distributed to teh production.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend testing
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify teh status of teh testing effort and teh project as a whole.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, SQL, Eclipse, XPath, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, HP ALM, MSWord, MS Excel, Windows.
Confidential, Columbus OH
- Analyzed teh Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed and executed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts for Manual and Automation Testing.
- Worked in agile environment on testing iteratively against newly developed code until quality is achieved from an end customer's perspective.
- Worked closely wif development team in creating automated scripts for teh application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Effectively implemented different QA Methodologies/ Policies, Strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Prepared Test strategy and Test Plan for each Release cycle along wif teh UAT test plan.
- Performed various testing methods like Functional, Usability, Security, Navigational and UAT testing by creating automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver and manually.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and Java.
- Initially involved in creating a Manual Test Cases in Quality Center. Tests were grouped into test plan and executed. Results were recorded and published to management.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Sound noledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client-server applications.
- Created Master Test Plan, critical scenarios and Test Scripts and schedules for Testing.
- Used teh Firebug to inspect teh XPath of teh web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Reported teh bugs/defects through Quality Center.
- Performed SOA /web services testing using SOAP UI; wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure appropriate level of test coverage.
- Worked wif appropriate development and technical support teams to triage, assess and solution.
- Worked closely wif different functional team including Development, QA, and Business.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, Agile, Fire Bug, Fire Path, Quality center, Eclipse, Junit, SOAP UI, XML, Windows.
- Responsible for creating Test cases, Test scripts as per teh requirement documents for OMS and Coordinating Close interaction wif designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow.
- Analyzed system requirements, developed & executed detailed Test plan, Test cases, Test scripts for testing teh functionality, GUI, security, and usability of teh Join Process, Ordering Process and Member Area, which includes Member’s Personal Information, and Processing Order Information.
- Prepared test data for functional testing as documented in teh test plan.
- Executed test cases manually. Compared and analyzed actual wif expected results and reported all deviations to teh appropriate individual(s) for resolution.
- Involved in setting up different configuration environment for compatibility testing and manual testing.
- Performed ad-hoc, Functional, Regression, Integration and Compatibility Testing of Web-based Application.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining teh Test Director for all teh defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up of teh bug life cycle.
- Conducted Interface and Regression Testing manually during teh various phases of teh development.
- Used Quality Center, defect tracking tool to report application defects and enhancements request and discussed wif developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed teh Back-End integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on teh Oracle database.
- Involved in compatibility testing wif other software programs, hardware, operating systems and network environments.
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center, UNIX, HTML, Java, JSP, EJB, Visio, XML, Oracle and Windows.