- Seeking a technically challenging position in the field of Software Quality Assurance and testing that will utilize my strengths and knowledge, providing a highly motivated, progressive, friendly environment, and which allows the pursuit of career advancement and expand my knowledge and skills.
- Over 7+ years of experience in the IT industry wif a focus on Quality Assurance and testing applications.
- Experience in implementing QA Methodologies, Test plans, Test cases and Test scenarios.
- Well versed wif Software development life cycle (SDLC) and Software testing life cycle using various methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile Methodology.
- Experience in analyzing the business requirements, Functional requirements and Use cases.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret business requirements to actionable test plans.
- Proficient in all phases of Test Life Cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defect life cycle.
- Knowledge of eCommerce, Retail Data Warehouse application, POS applications.
- Experience in manual testing using user interface and proficient in Black Box Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and experience in Bug Tracking.
- Experienced in high - level languages like C# and Java.
- Good experience wif Selenium IDE on creating C# or Java test scripts for Black Box Testing and White Box Testing.
- Working knowledge on MS Team Foundation Service (TFS) and Jira tool for project management, reporting, managing requirements using MS Visual Studio and Eclipse respectively.
- Good experience testing API and web services in a manual and automation approach.
- Experience working on Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using tools like Specflow and Cucumber.
- Experienced in web applications testing wif Selenium Webdriver, and Selenium Grid.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver API for writing TestNG and NUnit test suites and test cases for testing functionality wif the Selenium Server.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries on MS SQL Server.
- Experienced in Web Service/API testing using SOAPUI and Postman.
- Experienced in designing and building Frameworks like Behavior Driven Development (BDD/TDD) using Selenium Web driver.
- Quick learner wif strong Analytical and Problem-Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities and proven experience in utilizing process knowledge of various technologies and domains.
- Good interaction wif developers, managers, and team members to coordinate job tasks.
- Good team player wif excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strongly motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated, and goal oriented.
Tools: TFS, JIRA, Selenium, NUnit, TestNG, Specflow, Cucumber, Postman, SOAPUI, Jenekins
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access
Web Development: HTML, XML
Browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Brave
Other Tools: Maven, SourceTree, Bitbucket, GIT, MTM, Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, SSMS
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Involved in writing and executing detailed Test cases, Test plans and Test design documents.
- Identified Test cases based on the requirements, participated in implementation of Test Cases, and Test Script according to the Business Requirements, System Requirements.
- Analyzed requirements design documents; formulated test plans for functional testing of the application.
- Involved in design and development of keyword-driven automation framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Actively participated in Scrum meetings and involved in developing Test Plan, Test Cases and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) in TFS.
- Contributed in regular status meetings to state any bugs, problems and risks.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity and integration testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Developed and implemented automated scripts for testing web-based applications using C#, Visual Studio, Nuget, NUnit, Specflow, and Selenium Web Driver.
- Built automation scripts using Behavior Driven (BDD), Data driven and NUnit Framework.
- Worked wif the functionality and Regression testing cycles of major product releases by developing test suites using Selenium Web Driver.
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve the information from the databases to check whether the data has been updated.
- Used SQL queries to perform Select, Update, Delete, Insert and Join statements.
- Developed and executed several SQL queries in SQL Server as part of backend testing and involved in data validation and verifying data-integrity and to check the data flow between different Systems.
- Used Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests.
- Used browser developer tools to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Attributes and Tags.
- Used Postman to test the API/Web Services responses and validate the data in the UI.
- Performed automation approach to validate API and web services.
- Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production.
- Implemented test schedule, tracked defects and assigned them to developers based on their priority.
- Verified that the Software Quality Assurance Standards are met throughout all phases of development.
Environment: AGILE, TFS, SQL, SQL Server, Postman, Selenium WebDriver, Specflow, Jenkins, NUnit, Nuget, C#, Visual Studio
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
QA Automation Engineer
- Work wif Software developers to ensure the application meets technical requirements and customer expectations.
- Create manual and automated test cases from requirements documentation to validate the requirements and functionality per the project specifications.
- Generate Test Data by the requirement of other upstream or downstream system for the Integration Testing.
- Worked on Selenium IDE and Web Driver. Made and checked the Java codes as per requirement.
- Developed Selenium, script to automate GUI and functionality testing for the new features.
- Setup and Configured the testing environment wif Eclipse, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Java Client Driver.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Created user defined functions in Java and implemented the functionality wif Selenium.
- Troubleshoot the errors and bugs found in Automation Testing and update the Automation scripts.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) implementation wif Cucumber Gherkin and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Interacted wif offshore team and Developers in requirement analysis, design reviews, testing and documentation for application developed in agile environment.
- Implemented api/web services automation in BDD framework.
- Reviewed test assignments, developed test plans and executed test as assigned and coordinated wif developers to fix the bugs.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Performance Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Organize and prioritize testing tasks as needed to meet project timelines.
- Participate in weekly meetings wif the management team and walkthroughs.
- Extensively tested the databases using SQL queries to validate and verify the consistency of test data wif front end data.
- Extensively used SOAPUI web service tool for testing several different web service.
- JSON validators were used to validate the REST response.
- Configure the Testing Environment for On Product Testing and deploy the new release.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver/IDE, Cucumber, TestNG, Jenkins, SOAP UI, Xpath, Eclipse, HTML, CSS, XML, JIRA, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Aurora, CO
Automation Quality Analyst/ Tester
- Worked closely wif developers and other QA members to define test requirements and developed test cases based on the Business requirements and System requirements.
- Responsible for design and development of requirements collected from the customer.
- Prepared test plans to identify test strategies and resource.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Webdriver and NUnit.
- Defined test automation strategy, designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and execute tests using Selenium.
- Responsible for setting up the framework and test environment.
- Extensively involved in integrating Selenium Webdriver wif existing API and web services to test framework.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for back-end testing using Selenium and executed the NUnit tests.
- Used Specflow for BDD approach testing.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Involved in System-wide Integration, regression and Load testing.
- Performed active regression, load, stress, volume and performance testing.
- Worked in Manual and Automated testing of applications on Windows Environment.
- Verified database test results using SSMS.
- Clearly documented all the test cases and executing methods and techniques and uploaded all the requirements.
- Worked closely wif Business teams and participated in Business Acceptance Testing (BAT).
- Actively participated in status report meetings and interacted wif other team members for technical issues.
Environment: C#, Selenium Webdriver, NUnit, Specflow, XML, HTML, Visual Studio, SQL, Windows XP
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Worked in an agile methodology being involved in every stage of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Participated in Sprint planning meetings and discussed the progress made in the previous sprint, tan planned for the next sprint wif brainstorming for ideas wif the team.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Test Automation Planning, Developing and Execution of Test Scripts, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Tracking.
- Wrote automation using Java wif Selenium Webdriver for automating regression and functional testing.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box/White Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Jira and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing and data validation.
- Executed backend operations like queries like joins, select, update in Oracle Server.
- Significantly contributed in the areas of technical documentation and actively collaborated wif team in driving review and approval process.
Environment: Java, Selenium Webdriver, Jira, Windows, Cucumber, SQL Server, XML, SOAPUI, C#, AGILE, MTM.
Confidential, Richland Hills, TX
- Designed and developed test scripts for manual testing of the entire module.
- Involved in Performing Back-End Testing by writing SQL queries to extract the data from database.
- Tested e-commerce web application to test sales order wif designated sales tax by states.
- Performed end-to-end testing on the release version of the software application.
- Used Quality Center (QC) for defect tracking.
- Performed black box, module, integration and system testing.
- Reported the bugs to the development team and Archer support team in order to ensure the quality of the applications.
- Used SOAPUI for testing API and web services.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared in QC/QTP.
- Reviewed product requirement documents, functional specifications and involved in developing test strategy, test plan and test case documents.
- Worked as per deadlines and aimed to complete the tasks on time.
Environment: Quality Center, SQL, QTP, MS SQL, XML, SOAPUI.