- Over 8 years of QA experience in Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using Junit/TestNG testing framework.
- Expertise in Manual Testing and Automation Testing and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience in Manual and Automation Testing of Web Services/Mobile Apps, Client Server and Web based Applications in different domains using QTP, SOAP UI, ALM and Selenium.
- Hands on experience in Quality Assurance including Functional, System, Smoke, Regression, and Integration, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Compatibility Testing of Web and Client server - based Applications.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Proficient in Java and have sound knowledge on OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concept.
- Ability to perform complex performance testing of web services as well as from an end user perspective using HP ALM.
- Experience with REST API hands on experience with REST API tools like SoapUI, Postman.
- Experience in working with SoapUI tool for Restful and XML web services testing.
- Used Soup UI tool to test SOA based application to test SOAP services and Rest API.
- Performed multiple SOA architecture web services validation using SOAP UI Pro.
- Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug teh code.
- Experience understanding teh code written in different programming languages VB Script, Java Script and databases like Oracle.
- Used GitHub as a source repository to share teh code with both teh on-site and teh off-shore teams.
- Extensive experience in using Automated tools like Ruby Cucumber test framework for Client/Server, Web and database applications.
- Ability to document and track defects as well as produce detailed reports using defect-tracking tools such as JIRA
- Proficient as Mobile App Tester in testing Web applications and Mobile applications on iOS and Android Platforms.
- Involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology along with Automation Tools and Protractor.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Protractor.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest
- Used GitHub Repository for version controlling.
- TFS and C# build configuration experience.
- Created and Maintained Server side Integration Test using Python and Selenium Webdriver.
- Experience with Selenium webdriver, Selenium grid and multi-browser testing.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter/Load runner
- Experience in Black box testing with a complete QA cycle from testing, defect logging and verification of fixed bugs.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills along with a good attitude for learning.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver IDE/GRID, QTP, HP Quality Center, Appium, Manual Testing, cucumber, UFT, SOAP UI, JIRA, Protractor, JMeter
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), Jira, Team Foundation Server
Languages/Script: C, Java, C#, SQL, Python, UML, VB Script
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari
Operating System: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, UNIX and Linux
Version Tools: GIT and SVN
Testing Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD.
Build/CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins
Packages: MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access), MS Visio.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access 2000, TSQL, TOAD, S MySQL
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE) and in framework creation.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
- Performed (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Performed Automation testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Designed Hybrid Appium Test automation framework, Page Object Model for mobile application (Android/iOS apps).
- Identified teh Test Scenarios based on Functional Specifications and Business Requirements.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, and End to End Testing.
- Performed Testing user experiences on Mobile QA, experience on android/ios / Chrome testing.
- Web Service testing (RESTful API) and Automation using Apache JMeter usingJSON, XML payloads.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Tested teh application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using Agile methodology.
- Used TestNG Parameter, TestNG.xml and Data Provider (Method and ITest Context.) for parameterization.
- Implemented Page Object Model(POM) to maintain all reusable object and maintained teh same.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management using Jira.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Configured Continuous Integration environment, using Jenkins to kickoff daily builds and automation suites Jenkins, Maven and GitHub.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing using Selenium Webdriver in TestNG
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in teh objects, in teh tested application's GUI and in teh testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI/Ready API Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate teh XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Performed testing on web services using SOAPUI and Expertise with XML web services and SOAP.
- Python to execute automated tests on each new build created, and automatically reports teh results.
- Performed data drove testing by using JDBC and Groovy script as a data source in SOAP UI and configured.
- Tested RESTful API for XML & JSON responses while comparing teh Database Tables.
- Used Maven to build and run teh Selenium automation framework and once teh scripts run teh framework used to send teh automation reports over email.
- Used Protractor which works in conjunction with Selenium to provide an automated test infrastructure.
- Provide all data validation through SQL queries to perform Back-end testing
- Participated in Walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically.
- Responsible for keeping up with teh test schedule and interacting with software engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect reports.
- Participated in Fast paced dynamic 2 weeks’sprintin a ScalableAgileFramework (SAF).
- Interacted with teh Business Clients, Product Owners, Developers and QA Manager for clear exposure to trickle down teh technical/functional User Requirements & Change Requests to Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Agile, Java, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium, TestNG, JIRA, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XML, Protractor, Perfecto, Jmeter, Python, JDBC, GROOVY, XPATH, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL,and Windows
Confidential, Township, NJ
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in teh application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed Test frameworks using Java.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver and Appium Mobile Automation using Java programming language..
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java, using Junit prior to agile release.
- Experience in Performance, Load and stress testing with teh complete cycle of Load test planning starting from creating teh Load Dictionary and Test plan then to Live/Simulated Data and Create scripts and Analyze and publish teh test results with Suggestions.
- Expertise in using Jenkins for adding scripts, building teh suites and analyzing teh results.
- Performed testing using TestNG for class, method, & WebServices testing.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after teh build.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Executing teh test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Teh entire Ruby scripting done usingCucumberFrameworkWrote and executed SQL queries to verify teh data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in teh application using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Used Postmanand ReadyAPI for testing teh WCF Services and Web APIs.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from teh Oracle database.
- Tested teh various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with teh developers to resolve technical issues.
- Analyzed test results, tracked teh defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test-driven development (TDD).
- Designed and implemented automation systems for rapid integration using Python.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all teh Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Prepared teh data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify teh database updates, inserts and deletion of teh records.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to make sure dat all teh requirements are covered in test cases.
- Maintained test cases and QAdocumentation using SharePoint.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in teh Weekly Status Updates showing teh progress of teh testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Java, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium, TestNG, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL, JMeter, RTM, Python.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Arlington, Texas
- Performed Automation Testing of each Build and then Regression testing on each build using C # and Selenium Webdriver.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation .
- Designed test cases based on teh use-cases and teh complex business logic defined for each web-service or a message.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Created teh test data and request for teh test data dependent with teh other applications to be used in teh testing activities for teh current release.
- Created Data Driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking online accounts, user interface validations, reports management, etc.
- Used XPath to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Utilized various test tools for automation of test cases Generate test reports and performed extensive Web Services testing using SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of teh requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for teh application under test. .
- Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed teh workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Executed Test cases for XML using Soap UI Tool
- Administration of Microsoft Team Foundation Server(TFS) including setting up directories, users and permissions.
- Used TOAD for Oracle in creating and executing SQL queries fortestingETL process.
- Extract data, clean and confirm deliver for presentation and maintain an ETL environment.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Logged and managed defects using Microsoft Test Manager(MTM) defect management tool
- Worked in teh agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
- Derive testable conditions out of general Business requirements.
- Generating Test Log documents and analyzing obtained Test Results.
- Reporting status of testing progress, issues to team lead on a weekly basis.
- Participate in daily stand up meetings and weekly meetings
Environment: s: Selenium WebDriver, C#, SOA, UAT, ATDD, SOAP UI, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, Agile, GIT, SQL
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Experience in Data Driventestingusing parameterization and Key word driven automation framework using functional testingtool Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing and running teh automation suite.
- Experience in performing Backend/Databasetestingand creating and executing SQL queries from SQL Server, Oracle for Data Integrity Expertise in Risk Analysis, preparation of RTM &Prioritize Test case.
- Expertise in teh areas of Softwaretestingend to end cycle, GUI, Functional, Data Validation, Systemtestingand Regression, User Acceptancetesting(UAT) and Performancetesting& Web Servicestestingfor Client Server and web applications.
- Experience in interacting with business analysts, stake holders, developers and technical support in analyzing teh requirement specifications.
- Strong Knowledge on teh phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodology, Agile (Agile & Scrum) and Software Test life cycle (STLC), Waterfall, V model
- Experience in QA Verification and QA Validations to ensure teh Quality Assurance control.
- Used teh bug tracking tool HP Quality Center (HP QC) for Running Tests, Raising, Tracking, Managing Defect and Reporting.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing and Validating WSDL using SOAPUI.
- Validating Web service modules using Soap UI tool (Preparing web service request and added authentication information in Soap Header) Possess understanding of WSDL, schema, XML documents for Web Service Testing
- Experience in Black Boxtestingand Technicaltestingby using varioustestingtechniques
- Experienced in preparing teh overall test methodology - Project documentation, Test Plans, Test Strategy, Deliverables, Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Used Excel for data prep in regard to UAT and data cleansing.
- Developed Test Cases to test Web Services and RESTful calls using SOAPUI tool.
Environment: Manual Testing, QTP, SQL Server, MS Excel, XML, SOAP UI
- Excellent experience working in fast-paced Waterfall environment.
- Coordinated with Business Analyst and development team to understand teh architecture and functionality of teh application
- Involved in convertingmanualtest cases into automated scripts on QTP.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web servicestesting.
- Assisted lead in team handling activities, task allocation and tracking, & mentoring junior team members.
- Experience with test frameworks like Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven and Hybrid.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in TDD and BDD environments.
- Expert at performing Database/Back-endtestingand data manipulation using SQL.
- SQL Queries to retrieve teh data from various Tables and to test teh database.
- Functioned as technical analyst and consultant to implement keyword framework for automation.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center
- Created and deployed promotional content for affiliate sites, sales associates, and customers.
- Estimation and Test Strategy design
- Preparation of Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test data
- Performing Regression, System, Functional, and E2E testing
- Involved in Triage meetings and tracking teh defects to closure
- Reviewing peer's deliverables
- Product Analysis for QA, Business flow understanding and suggesting best approaches.
- Engaged in framework enhancements, code reviews and maintaining deliverable quality.
- Process improvement on QA (Automation &Manual) activities.
Environment: QTP, SQL Server, Quality Center, MS Excel, XML, SOAP UI
- Performed Manual testing for checking teh functionality and executed teh Test cases in Quality Center.
- Understanding teh requirement specification and preparing test cases for teh requirements.
- Manually Tested each functionality of teh application and written Test cases.
- Integrating two units and testingthem whether they are executing properly or not Manually.
- Identifying bugs and validating them with no issues.
- Performing Unittesting, Functionality testing, Regressiontesting
- Preparing teh Reports for submitting weekly or monthly status to teh manager. Worked on Waterfall Model Methodology.
- Execute and evaluate manualor automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Performed manual testingby entering positive values, negative values, and boundary values to teh application.
- Performed Black box, Integration, Regression, Systems, and Backend testing.
- Created, maintained and updated regression suites upon receiving new build.
- Worked on conversion of manualtests into automated test scripts.
- Performed Backendtestingby writing SQL Queries for different set of Input parameters to ensure teh data integrity.
- Written several SQL queries and analyzed them to validate teh business rules inOracledatabase through SQL Developer as part of Backendtesting.
- Created Test Scripts in Soap UI and executed Test cases for XML using Soap UI Tool
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML files.
- Used QC for tracking teh errors and reporting teh bugs. Reported and assigned teh defects to teh developer through Quality center.
Environment: Manual Testing, Windows Xp, Ms-Office Tools, Quality Center, Waterfall Model, Sql, Xml, Soap Ui